Legion's 2nd crown

So, I unlocked Legion's first crown(Frank) in the first week and am unable to get the second one. I thought it was purposely just 1 this year, but a friend of mine asked me why he got 2.

So I checked, noticed it was bugged for some reason and fixed relatively quick, so I tried unlocking crowns as different characters. Ending matches in and out of frenzy(as ending a match as Victor makes it unable for you to get the crown on Charlotte, as Victor cant be crowned :( ). Is there a code available that I am unaware of that fixes it? I've tried pretty much anything else.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I got both crowns, but I didn't bother trying til the bug was fixed. It might be that your save is bugged because you unlocked the crown early and now you just have to wait for the Devs to patch it.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I got both crowns, but I didn't bother trying til the bug was fixed. It might be that your save is bugged because you unlocked the crown early and now you just have to wait for the Devs to patch it.

    Well, that would take a few weeks seeing as they'd need to send that hotfix to consoles first for testing before it will be uploaded live.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369774#Comment_2369774

    Well, that would take a few weeks seeing as they'd need to send that hotfix to consoles first for testing before it will be uploaded live.

    A few weeks is being generous. Maybe they'll surprise us all and release it with the midchapter or the first hotfix, though.

  • The second crown is being given out manually to anyone who unlocked Frank's crown while it was bugged.

    @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2345361#Comment_2345361

    As I confirmed above, if you already have Frank's crown, you will be unable to unlock the crown for Julie in game...so we are handling this manually and adding them to your accounts. For right now, you need to do nothing - if that changes, I will update.

    @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2345380#Comment_2345380

    As of right now, no there's no need to do that...the system should send the crowns out to everyone that earned them. But I don't have a date on when this will be completed by, when I do have that information I will let you know, if after that point you don't have the crown - then contact Support.

    @Mandy said:

    @GoodBoyKaru I said I'd update, I do believe that the crowns have now been sent to those that had it unlocked on Frank when it was bugged - so they should now have it on Julie as well.

    Please be aware, this is only for those who got the Crown when it was bugged.

    According to that last post, everyone should've received the second crown by now, so if you haven't then I guess you need to contact support.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369794#Comment_2369794

    A few weeks is being generous. Maybe they'll surprise us all and release it with the midchapter or the first hotfix, though.

    Oh no, the process is as follows:

    1. they discover the bug, sometimes happens even before release, not always(like the desync bug on The Game's revamp)
    2. they fix the bug, can be done as quick as within an hour, or take as much as 1 week depending on the severity of the bug.
    3. they finish the hotfix, send it to steam, nintendo, sony and microsoft. But here's the catch: for consoles, it must be send at least 2 weeks prior to intended release due to testing. If they are lucky it will only take a few days. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will send the update to their stores. If they are unlucky, the update will break the software of consoles and BHVR will recieve their hotfix back and need to adjust it properly.
    4. If they get an all-clear from all sources, they can upload it to the live servers, making all the stores offer the update simultaneously. Since DBD needs to be the same version on all stores for crossplay to work, they cant update one platform first.

    Prior to crossplay, it tended to be as follows:

    1. they discover a bug
    2. as soon as its done, its uploaded to steam, keep on tweaking if there are more bugs.
    3. once all bugs are fixed and running properly, send the hotfix to the consoles and release it 2 weeks later.

    So yeah, it's a bit of a meme that they are slow, but BHVR cant do too much about that process unless they turn DBD into an Early Access game.

  • @Predated said:

    So, I unlocked Legion's first crown(Frank) in the first week and am unable to get the second one. I thought it was purposely just 1 this year, but a friend of mine asked me why he got 2.

    So I checked, noticed it was bugged for some reason and fixed relatively quick, so I tried unlocking crowns as different characters. Ending matches in and out of frenzy(as ending a match as Victor makes it unable for you to get the crown on Charlotte, as Victor cant be crowned :( ). Is there a code available that I am unaware of that fixes it? I've tried pretty much anything else.

    Everyone who originally gained the crown on Frank only, had the 2nd Crown unlocked manually for them. If you've still yet to receive your 2nd crown then please contact Support directly and they can assist you: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new