can we make it so killers can at least have a subtle hint.
Blast mine is so nonsense only for the sole fact that you cant tell its on a gen. I think its only fair seeing as theres a tell for everything the killer can do. IE Trail of torment lets the survivors know the killer is undetectable. I just think it would be a bit more fair if there was like the lil flashbang on top of the gen that you can see as survivor.
Comments
But why though?
Blast Mine is way less impactful than it is to get a free hit from ToT.
And what would killers do if they knew? Just never touch that gen again? Ever?
Perks like Gear Head, Cruel Limits, and Overcharge, just to name a few, don't give survivors any way of knowing the perk is active until after they continue touching the gen.
If killer's knew Blast Mine was active on a generator, they may not kick it and that can be crucial for them until the perk's effects wears off.
There is actually a flashbang on top of the gen!
I don't have a pic with me rn, but when I used it as survivor, you can see smoke coming from the top of the gen with the mini blue flash grenade.
Edit: Typo
This would defeat the purpose of the perk. It'd be as if the Trapper's traps were highlighted as survivors approach them.
It wouldn't as it would still stop the killer from kicking the generator without getting stunned.
Also survivors do usually get disarm props before they touch the traps so...
I was gonna mention this too. There's a smoke grenade on the generator if blast mine had been activated on it. It's also yellowish smoke coming off the top of the generator.
The flash bang on the gen is only visible to survivors. Killers don't see it.
There is a flash bang on top of the gen when it is active
ive seen the flashbang just not the smoke as killer
There's a big difference between an interaction prompt that only shows up when you're within the interaction radius, and essentially informing someone that a perk that's supposed to be secret is in play.
Even if you could see the mine you would have to take it if you got pop goes the weasel.
I've heard that you can see smoke on top of the gen if Blast Mine is active.
I really hope that we get some way to tell if Blast Mine is active because it's annoying. It's just there to make it easier to bully the Killer. That's it.