"Buried Underground" challenge is not fun. For both sides.
First of all, I'm honest with you all: I ######### HATE this challenge! But just ranting about it doesn't help anyone so I want to talk about it objectively.
My problem:
This challenge requires you to play a certain way, because I don't think most people will just play matches and get randomly basement hooks. No, most people (if they even do the challenge) will try to get it over with asap. They use Agitation, Iron Grasp, Mad Grit, you name it. Some of them might even go for Insidious Bubba or camp more. This is not fun for the Survivors, if the Killer just brings you to the basement over and over again. If they camp it is even less fun. And this isn't over after one match. There are many Killers who do this challenge and getting hooked and camped in the basement match after match is frostrating if you want to get your challenges done as well.
But same goes for Killer as well. I for myself do not like to force Basement hooks or certain tactics because I don't like it as Survivor either. But waiting for it to finish after X matches is also not something I'm willing to do, since there are also other challenges that need to get finished.
Yes ideally you'd only need one match to complete it, but in what match do you get 12 basement hooks? And all this for just 30k BP....
My solution:
Reduce the amount of basement hooks needed for completion or change it to: "hook X different survivors in the basement in one match".

Comments
I made this challenge. You need to run certain build just for basement. I recommend trapper in dead dawn saloon cuz you either need few traps for the main building or standard trap in the killer's shack. I made 7 basement hooks from that. If you get killer's shack basement, DO NOT BREAK WALL! And remember the basement perks. In the main building there is only one way which must certainly leads to the dead zone.
I know that you can do it with a basement build. I usually did it on Trapper although I'm not good enough with him to get this done like that at red ranks. I also don't have any basement perks on Trapper right now except Agitation on Lv1. And I don't play Bubba.
It's one of those challenges that require you to play differently. It's not that hard to do.. as long as you go out of your way to go for the basement with each down. (agitation + iron grasp help a lot for that)
Not as painful to do as the one that required you to sacrifice all 4 in the basement in one match though. But if you get a bad map and didn't really bring a basement/carrying build.. yeah it can be a pain, if you down people away from it, or if once they figure you go for basement hooks each time, they run you away from it to make it harder on you.
To be honest, I got so many messages from survivors while trying to do this challenge because I was camping basement and forcing hook trades. Most of them were understanding when I told them it was for this challenge though.
I'm always sorry as well, although it can be very frustrating if Survivors just get off your shoulder 1m in front of the hook.
And some Killers are just... Let's say they only care about their fun.
I used Agitation, Iron Grasp and Mad Grit (if I had it) and tried multiple killers and maps. Usually I do it with Trapper, but I presiged him a while ago and basically don't have any of the necessary perks (only Agitation on Lv 1). I'm bad with Hag, so, nope. I used both of my mains (Myers and Freddy) to do it but I got bad maps and literally every time the survivor wiggled free 1m in front of the hook. I tried it with smaller maps like The Game with Spirit: nope.
I somehow got it on Midwich, but it was still not a fun game.
I think I needed 7 or 8 matches to get it. And I was so frustrated in the end that I almost dc'ed in one of the later matches.
It took you that many matches? I think I did it in 2 as spirit, with a normal perk build.
Same.. 2 or 3 games at most, with Legion running a basement-ish build (honestly, a "let's go for a walk with starstruck" build, which is basically a basement build, so I just carried them down there)
Nothing wrong with this challenge. You can get it over the course of many games and just put people in the basement whenever it's nearby. Killer challenges are generally easier and faster to complete than survivor challenges and I never minded having some long haul gradual progress ones as a result.
The one that wants you to sacrifice all 4 survivors in the basement in one game, on the other hand - that one's a problem.
I don't know... maybe I was just unlucky with my opponents.
But I think regardless of that, that this challenge can be very frustrating to deal with.
Now imagine this challenge being at a bad spot in the web. Maybe close to the beginning and you can't go around. This would be the worst time to play survivor.
The other challenge you mentioned, yeah, that one also was a problem.
This one is fine. The challenge in first tome, where you have to kill everyone in basement is way more hard to do.
But it is not that hard, if you play Hag with Agitation
Or a bit frustrating also might be the challenge for the plague to hit 2 survivors with one corrupt twice (I know, not the basement topic but generally the challenges)
This challenge comes up at least once in every single rift.
The most annoying thing about it is how half the time it doesn't register basement hooks.
I'm not good enough with both Trapper and Hag on red ranks, nor do I have the necessary perks on them to do it. I did it with my strongest killers but it took ages.
I farmed for that. That one was completely insane
This challenge can be done with any killer. Just slowly hook that amount, but kill everyone in basement is close to impossible with anyone else than Hag.
Even trapper, because almost noone tried to save against Trapper basement, but they don't respect Hag that much, so it is way easier.
Lets just hope it works this time, that challenge was broken and left unfixed for months on several earlier tomes.
True. I usually leave it for last so I think it was fixed when I did it.
I just don't see the fun in using a basement build just to get ######### by either the map and/or the survivors (even with offering). else you just might get one basement hook per match and I don't like it when challenges, that give you only 30k need a ton of matches (same goes for survivor). If it was 100k or iff all the challenges were active at the same time (you would need to buff them a bit though) I would be fine with it.