Question about FNAF

With all this FNAF chapter fan hype coming out today, i remember some time ago when people were doing a lot of posts as well about this, but the interesting thing is that some people even apologized because it was a "kids" game...


I mean, not all the people dare to play that game, even tho it doesnt scary us.


Anyways i found it interesting... Why do some people treat it like a kids game? Do they get offended when people also say fortnite/valorant/minecraft etc its a kids game?


I hear you.

Comments

  • Idk, I got into a lot of these horror icons as a kid, myself. Maybe other people in a similar position think that this R rated stuff is tame. You know us Americans! You can torture and decapitate someone with gallons of blood and we are chill. Show one centimeters of nip (unless it is male nip as those are nasty and clearly not the same) and the whole thing is x rated.

  • I mean if denying the reality that fnaf's success came from young teens makes you happy then you do you. I used to love reading goosebumps when I was a kid, fun horror but I wouldn't want to see any of those characters in DBD because it would look silly. If enough people want FNAF, let them have it, I won't protest but I would much rather scarier killers.

  • I dont want to be rude but... FNAF is just trash.. I dont wanna get chased by a robo-bunny even trickster is scarier and better.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's because in most releases it's rated 12, and so is most of it's playerbase and it's merchandise is looked to be advertised towards kids. Also the whole thing is about a chuck e cheese like pizzeria restaurant having a dark secret backstage, so the whole thing does appeal to kids on the outside. There is a lot of fan content created by children like the drawings and fan games. That's where the impression that fanbase is mostly children, and that the game is for kids.

    I think the accessibility of the series is what drew a lot of fans in, it was really popular on youtube with youtubers playing it who are watched by many children/teenagers. Because it's concept and execution is very enticing. The first 7 games are on steam for cheap and 2 of them are free, all with very low requirements. I think a lot of adults gave had the same impression of fnaf as they do now, that's it a cheap horror game that uses cheap jumpscares, that only appeals to people that don't know better horror. But when you give fnaf a chance there is more than just that. The backstory is pretty grim, and the books, i have also found quite disturbing.

    I do get a little bit frustrated when people still have this impression that's it not scary because "it's just jumpscares" because it is more than that, especially now where the creator has trusted his property with other development studios like Steel Wool. FNAF consists of many stories with pretty grim and disturbing events. They are pretty gory theoretically but they are often not visualised to maintain it's rating. I think the most underlooked thing when it comes to adding a killer in dbd is the actual story of the killer William Afton. He is a murderer who sets off the events of the story and for whatever he does not die, despite being impaled by the springlocks of a robot, despite being burned alive, he still comes back in various forms like being the "glitchtrap" in FNAF VR.

    Of course the problem with this is that this is all backstory, secrets that you don't really get by just playing the games. You really have to give the franchise a chance to understand why people really want it in the game.

    🏆️ this is for you

  • For anyone thinking this game isng for kids i was watching nightmare on elm street as a 8 year old lol tho to be fair as a kid in the 80s the one monster that scared me the most was for some reason The Nothing from a never ending story

  • Some people on the forums and other places treat it like a kids game because the fanbase used to consist of mostly of young teens a while back.

  • Because it's cool to hate on things that many people around the world enjoy.

    (It's okay if you dislike FNAF, but this is for...)

  • Cause some people like to think that DBD should be absolutely nothing but boring and dull slashers with masks and different variations of bladed weapons. :)

    In all seriousness though, I've said it before and I'll just say it again, I just CAN'T fathom people who want the same thing/archetype when it comes to chapters. :/

    I'm just going to leave this here and say, yes, fnaf in my opinion would easily fit right into DBD.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQJNT40bQ_0