Are legendary skins cannon?

Obviously it seems like Claire and Chris are canon to dbd , but are Lisa, Cybill, Alissa, krampus, moredeo, looksee, minotaur

I guess I'll add birch even tho it's not a set

Comments

  • Lisa and Cybil are both from silent hill by alissa I'm assuming you mean Alessa but yeah she is actually the most important character in silent hill.

    Krampus is from a folk story I believe, not sure tbh.

    I believe moredeo and looksee are from a TV series.

    And minotaur is just a minotaur.

  • How can an ancient greek minotaur be canon to japanese demon?

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Lisa and Cybil are both from silent hill by alissa I'm assuming you mean Alessa but yeah she is actually the most important character in silent hill.

    Krampus is from a folk story I believe, not sure tbh.

    I believe moredeo and looksee are from a TV series.

    And minotaur is just a minotaur.

    I know where there from, I mean are they canon to dbd, like how Claire and Chris are?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    How can an ancient greek minotaur be canon to japanese demon?

    No I meant canon to dbd, did the entity take the minotaur, or is the minotaur a alternative oni from a different timeline?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    How can an ancient greek minotaur be canon to japanese demon?

    I think what op asks is if in the lore if there both are an oni and a minotaur running around.

    Not nececarrilly if they are connected

  • I think a more general question still to be answered is if the licensed characters are actually canon.

    for some characters it doesn’t make sense to be so helpless (Cheryl, RE characters) while others fit more naturally (Stranger Things, Laurie)

    and then we have those that don’t make sense together, for example the Halloween movies are canonically movies on Stranger Things..

  • I see them as canon but only in DBD’s own universe. The reason they are presented as skins would be so that they would not have to come up with their own individual perks which would be too much work.

  • Since we have no confirmation it's up to you, I personally don't consider them canon.

  • @Mooks said:

    I think a more general question still to be answered is if the licensed characters are actually canon.

    for some characters it doesn’t make sense to be so helpless (Cheryl, RE characters) while others fit more naturally (Stranger Things, Laurie)

    and then we have those that don’t make sense together, for example the Halloween movies are canonically movies on Stranger Things..

    The entity grants extra strength and durability for killers and since there's no weapons the survivors only choice is to run.

  • At this point I like to think that only the survivors are canon. The Crypt TV skins probably have nothing to do with their killer's power so it doesn't make much sense that they would be canon. It's not a stretch of the imagination to see Chris being a normal survivor for example.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352294#Comment_2352294

    I think what op asks is if in the lore if there both are an oni and a minotaur running around.

    Not nececarrilly if they are connected

    Yes exactly, or as we know it the entity can take from different timelines allready, is the minotaur a different oni but still oni, or is he a different beast with the same powers as oni, idk what I'm talking about anymore

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352289#Comment_2352289

    I know where there from, I mean are they canon to dbd, like how Claire and Chris are?

    I mean I thought most people that were taken by the entity were dead or about to.

    So I am unsure about what you mean by Claire or Chris.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    How can an ancient greek minotaur be canon to japanese demon?

    They didn't even change his club! Like a Minotaur wouldn't be running people down with a Kanabō, he'd be using a stone club or tree branch or something like that no a samurai's war club.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    ONCE AGAIN JONATHAN BYERS HAS BEEN EXCLUDED

    Eh, not a big deal \(-+-)/

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    ONCE AGAIN JONATHAN BYERS HAS BEEN EXCLUDED

    ... Who?

  • Alessa is def canon since she and Cheryl are the same person. Don’t know about any of the others.

  • Most likely, but dbd isnt canon to RE

  • They are all canon

    The entity took them, the only difference is we don't have them as a completely separate character, instead they are skins for others.

    Not sure about Alessa though, because she's not a legendary skin, so she might not have been taken. I think the outfit is just inspired, its not actually Alessa.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Most likely, but dbd isnt canon to RE

    Well yeah dbd isn't canon to re but is re canon to dbd