So whats the possibility of getting custom matches with bots?
Trying Blight and wanna practice him but anytime I do I keep getting genrushed and only have 5min to practice.
Then finding KYF that goes easy on you is hard to find.
Just wanna practice his power rather than focusing on winning but waiting for long queues just for it to end in 5min because I was trying to understand my power at that one survivor good at loops.
Not trying to complain but just sorta overwhelming just to learn a killer's power in live matches.
I can insta queue for a killer match and just practice over and over with bots until I can actually do decent on live matches.
Don't care if no blood points since just wanna have fun as killer but hard too when takes long time to queue just for it to end very early.
Love the Dev's changes starting this year but would love this to be a feature.
Comments
It would be an amazing feature considering I dont have friends. Maybe you can even choose the difficulty of the bots and their character! Love the idea and would be happy with it!
In the developer update they revealed that offline bot matches are coming with the mid chapter update.
I would be intensely doubtful if they could program bots to do even 1/100th of the maneuvers players are capable of. I'd suggest that its for the best leaping into the deep end and having to fight for your success from the beginning. There is also the argument to consider that if you play too many bot games it will destroy your game sense for tracking players, as it'll become accustomed to tracking the bot movements.
That would be awesome since could make the bots braver in choice-making like working on gen in terror radius or doing a risky unhook. Killer not going to pick up downed survivor but instead chasing someone else or tries to hid red stain at large loops.
Hope means I can finally practice Blight and figure out what builds suit me.
Yeah true since AI might go wack like in tutorial some bots would just vault a window or pallet non stop and even drop pallets if I am not even near. Also I would go to the deep end if I plan to play Ghost face or Legion but some killers bit more difficult to practice like Blight since requires the player to figure out where to bounce off and where to try and land a hit because some Aim killers are hard to learn but that might just be me since takes me a while to get used to aiming. It is true with the being accustomed to bots if you relay on their exact movements too long but I just wanna learn how to use the power then the tracking mind game which cant mind game bots really.
There is an argument to be made for killers like Blight, Nurse, Oni, or Billy that require a lot more accuracy in the use of their power, however I don't think bots will be good enough to even give a player a beginning level of understanding with them. This is simply because it is extremely difficult to program a bot with the complex behaviors of a player, if nigh on impossible. The, by far and away, best solution is to friend some survivors after a match that give you a hard time and see if they'll scrim with you for practice. I did that when playing huntress, got introduced to some nice comp team bros and now my hatchets are crazy accurate.
Very good points but still would be nice to have some sort of AI you can practice with if no one is available during that time but guess gotta wait while anyway for KYF since Blight is still bugged so doing KYF is pointless for now XD.
Still KYF for practice is good but again would be nice to have practice against AI if no one is around to help, though your points are 100% right.
Well specifically for a killer like Blight, there can be merit in just being able to practice your sliding terrain vs bump terrain which seems to be programmed differently from map to map. So in one map you'll have a bumpy killer shack, and in another you'll have a sliding killer shack. But beyond that, theres not much value to get because a bot just isn't going to react to Blight the same way a player is.
That pretty much sums it up mostly since bots will just move in one direction and players can 360 or go the opposite direction.
Still a good idea for bot matches sorta like a warm-up or learn killer power before heading to practice more on live servers but I get what you're saying because AI is different with Players since they are unpredictable while Bots sometimes are predictable......like doubt every survivor will drop all pallets even if the killer is close like the AI does in tutorial.
Blight still has very weird hitboxes to get used to anyway even in live matches.
Funny thing is Bots are good for learning loops but awful to learn mind games with since they basically have wall hacks because they are pathed AI so its impossible to mind game a bot that knows where you are going at all times.