I think I found the optimal way to play pig
I find greater success in pig when placing a trap on their head then going and camping any jigsaw box. This results in an easy down since they almost never fully heal.
Since survivors never die from the trap it makes more sense to just attack them while distracted and vulnerable at a box.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
So... tunneling Pig. What most Pig players do, and isn't actually optimal at all since you're pressuring the people who already wouldn't be on gens.
Okay.
Omg you unfair tunneling, box camping killer why do you hate survivors so much and keep killing them unfairly. Use the traps for stall so that survivors can get them off on the first try, that's how they're supposed to be used.
Or at least that's the kind of messages you can expect for posting this opinion out loud. As for me, if it works for you, more power to you.
You work hard tony
The whole point of the RBT's is to put pressure on the team, to get that player off a gen - which it does effectively, leaving the Pig player to go pressure the rest of the generators.
Continually going for the player who's got the trap on their head is the most inefficient way of playing Pig as you're already pressurising the player that's not doing the generators whilst leaving the other survivors free to do generators and leave the match.
Just run tamper timer + crates. In my experience most of them do stop to heal and/or do gens. This punishes that very heavily. Of course if you happen to see someone on a box doesnt hurt to slug them wasting even more of the time they dont have :)
Most Pigs are doing this already lol
As someone who's made Rank 1 playing mostly Pig ... uh ... no.
The traps are meant to slow the game down, not kill. If you get a kill, then all the better, but that's not going to happen, even if you camped boxes. They're too spread out, survivors will heal if the trap isn't active, and even if it is, the boxes are spread out enough that you're just wasting your time.
The SWF groups you love to go on about will push through gens regardless. You spend time tunneling someone with a trap, you might get your 1K -- and everyone else waltzing out the gates with an easy escape.
If I come across someone on a box or headed to one in chase with someone, I won't hesitate to harrass them, but spending time prioritizing it is not optimal play, and will end up with you losing against really good survivors (playing Pig against really good survivors is a challenge even if you ARE playing optimally). But you do you, I guess.
This man isn't one of us....I don't know this man....
https://media.giphy.com/media/5WUsLZLkZlMdO/giphy.gifYeah but it feels more oppressive and more sadistic so some killers are more than happy to try to maximize piling on that one player. At non-red ranks, at least, they lose very little pressure a lot of the time as to my experience, survivors aren't exactly maximizing gen time. I'm amazed sometimes when I can see survivor auras at how many people are not doing ANYTHING. They're just crouching and looking for the killer even when the killer is clearly elsewhere... So I think it's easy to learn that at least I can pick on this one bear-trapped survivor since no one else will get anything done materially while I kill them, anyway.
Not that I don't agree with your initial comment.
Ascended plays.