Tombstone Piece addon... why...?

Like all other addons or perks that give the killer an insane amount of power, this addon is too much. I have never had a fun match against a tombstone shape. Literally never! Once they meet the condition to do it my entire team starts dropping within seconds of each other. This is the kind of crap that pushes people away from this game. Why is it so freaking hard to just enjoy the game and try to have fun when addons like this are there? I don't even know if I ever want to play against the shape again. I saw someone say before that if they got another Spirit they were done. Well I feel the same about the shape. I used to think this killer was fun to play against but if they use this addon there is no fun for me at all. I just don't understand why killers are given addons, not to mention perks, that grant them so much power over the survivors and yet we still have to do 5 gens if half the team gets taken out by tombstone. Where's my addon to a key or toolkit that pops a gen every time a survivor dies? What is the survivor equivalent to an addon like this? And before someone says "oh you have BNP" yea when you have to play solo because all your friends have literally quit the game you can't expect everyone to always bring a BNP and pop gens together with them. It just doesn't happen that way in solo que. I'm just so done with the insane amount of power killers get over us in so many situations. If you're nowhere near a pallet or ahead of the killer to make a vault, you're probably going to die to the tombstone piece. Full health state and no hooks and a freaking addon can literally kill me.

Comments

  • Myers is an old killer and certain design choices are obsolete. He's due an add-on pass and TPiece will probably get the axe. I guess they'll leave Judith's because of Evil Incarnate, but ad annoying as that one is it's not ad problematic.

  • There are many unreasonable complaints on here, but this is probably one of the worse. It's nowhere near as powerful, and nowhere near as problematic as you attempt to make it to be.

  • Just hide in a locker if you have any doubts the Shape uses the Tombstone. Problem solved.

  • @Bwsted said:

    Myers is an old killer and certain design choices are obsolete. He's due an add-on pass and TPiece will probably get the axe. I guess they'll leave Judith's because of Evil Incarnate, but ad annoying as that one is it's not ad problematic.

    They better not keep Judith's Tombstone, considering that it's a trash add-on.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338628#Comment_2338628

    They better not keep Judith's Tombstone, considering that it's a trash add-on.

    If they don't change they achievement then the addon is here to stay.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338746#Comment_2338746

    If they don't change they achievement then the addon is here to stay.

    Is the achievement 100% impossible to achieve without the Tombstone add-ons?

  • It's 100% impossible to get the achievement with tombstone piece. That addon is an old relic that won't have long life.

  • It is GOOD to have killers with different ranges of powers and different threats to survivors. When you hear that Halloween theme playing for the second time, you need to drop everything and RUN. Michael Myers is no joke, and treating him like everyone else, who you can loop and taunt and teabag is a great way to get your silly ass stabbed to death.

    It would be a blessing if only MORE killers had addons that so radically changed up their gameplay. Myers is a target we should look to for ideal AddOn balance, not try to nerf one of the only killers whose AddOns make the game more interesting, instead of have no impact whatsoever, like Pyramid Head or Nemesis.

    And, like stated above, Tombstone Piece has a very obvious counter: just climb in a locker. He can't kill you at all in there (which, to be fair, is true to the bedroom closet scene in Halloween 1.)

  • Depends on which Tombstone you are talking about. The pink one is ok imo, since you have a massive MS debuff (95% for EWI and 105% during EWII & III), need to combine it with Tuft of Hair AND you have to stalk a lot more. With the other pink add-on it's 30s stalk in close range to get from EWI to EWIII. It also pretty much requres you to use PWYF to do anything really.

    If you are talking about the purple addon, you are kinda right since it's only 7.5s more stalk you need instead of 20s. And it also doesn't have any debuffs except that you can't kill all people with it and your stalk resets after the mori, if you don't time it perfectly. PWYF is also insane with this. So I guess, since Myers is the only Killer left who has the wrong number of addons, they will change it. I just hope they won't change his tombstone (the pink one) but I'm completely fine if they nerf the purple one.

    I think of maybe adding the condition that ther person you want to tombstone has to be hooked at least once, so you can't kill people directly without hooking them. This should be fine, concidering, you don't have a MS debuff on the purple one. And maybe limit the kills with this to one person and after that it's just normal EWIII without any additional stalk debuffs.

    I wouldn't go so far to require 2 hooks for this, because then people will just automatically hop into a locker every time Myers is EWIII and if they are on death hook. To combat this, I would add a unique animation with the tombstone if the person is in the locker. basically the cupbord-kill from the first movie if a survivor is in a locker. This should be implemented for both addons, but at least for the pink one, since locker hoppers are a nightmare if you want to do Evil Incarnate....


    Edit:

    I'm completely ok with nerfing Tombstone Piece if they also nerf Keyes and give Myers a buff, since he's pretty weak now. He has the worst early game (even worse than Trapper/Hag), his EWI is outdated and is more trouble than any good, since they removed his detection immunity during EWI when they gave him Undetectable (which is so stupid....) and his stalking is depending on distance to the survivor which could also be buffed.