God, current Freddy is depressing

He just feels so... bland, now. So generic and artificial. Despite the reworked Freddy being a downgrade in almost every area except viability, I could at least play reworked Freddy and get some enjoyment from how stupidly easy it was to use his ten thousand powers. Now, though, he's kinda got the same feeling as nu-Billy. Clunky power, useless add-ons, a general feeling of weakness against any team with a brain; except, with Billy, at least there's the fun factor of sprints and chainsaw downs.

There's no skill expression to the reworked Freddy, and certainly no skill expression to current Freddy. His new power, with the sole exception of Dream Projection, is genuinely one of the biggest gripes I have with this game. Old Freddy, like him or not, was undoubtedly one of the most unique killers this game has ever had, and the fact new Freddy is still the only option is so depressing. What's fun about current Freddy, for either side? When was the last time you even SAW current Freddy?

BHVR clearly still have assets from Old Freddy, as seen by the re-using of the ripple effect when hitting a survivor with immunity from an Alarm Clock; would it really be the end of the world to include a toggle to switch back to old Freddy, or an offering, or add-on, or something? It's not like old Freddy had any problems besides being weak, like old Doctor. I'd literally pay the cost of a killer again to play as him. It's like if they reworked Hag or Nurse into a generic 4.6m/s killer with a really diluted power. What do you guys think?

Comments

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338004#Comment_2338004

    Interesting. Unfortunately it sounds like it would be a lot of work to bring back Old Freddy while also incorporating current play mechanics, like the incapacitated status effect that you mentioned. Regardless, it was pretty damn cool watching Freddy pull survivors into the dream world! I also liked how the Old Doctor was able to hold on to his static blast instead of automatically firing it every single time. But alas, I highly doubt anything will ever be reverted.

    Well, I will never lose hope. I first joined the Forums to see if there was a way to get my killer back, and I won't stop until I do.

  • An iconic horror entity such as Freddy being treated like this is just wrong.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    An iconic horror entity such as Freddy being treated like this is just wrong.

    Agreed. But hey, they got it right on the very first time, as his on-release power was almost perfect.

    Everything that happened afterwards was just...sad.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338163#Comment_2338163

    Agreed. But hey, they got it right on the very first time, as his on-release power was almost perfect.

    Everything that happened afterwards was just...sad.

    Freddy started the bait and switch. Every Killer since has been nerfed 2 weeks upon release. If not the killer directly, the perks of the killer.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338167#Comment_2338167

    Freddy started the bait and switch. Every Killer since has been nerfed 2 weeks upon release. If not the killer directly, the perks of the killer.

    This is extremely disheartening, to be honest with you.

    But, in my opinion, Freddy is the one who suffered the most. His power on release was literally perfect, and it was heavily nerfed without a reason. This isn't fair.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338177#Comment_2338177

    This is extremely disheartening, to be honest with you.

    But, in my opinion, Freddy is the one who suffered the most. His power on release was literally perfect, and it was heavily nerfed without a reason. This isn't fair.

    The reason was to appease the casual Halloween noobs. The noobs weren't staying so they nerfed Freddy to the point that killers won't play him at all. It worked for a long while UNTIL a select few figured out how to truly utilize the dream world with a hit and run style WRAITH currently uses.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338182#Comment_2338182

    The reason was to appease the casual Halloween noobs. The noobs weren't staying so they nerfed Freddy to the point that killers won't play him at all. It worked for a long while UNTIL a select few figured out how to truly utilize the dream world with a hit and run style WRAITH currently uses.

    And that is what makes it even worse. This undeserved nerf happened so quickly that those Halloween noobs didn't even have the time to adapt, to try to learn and understand the killer. To realize that their complaints didn't even make sense to begin with.

    Freddy tells a tragic tale, one which could've ended very differently if BVHR had listened to the right people at the time.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338184#Comment_2338184

    And that is what makes it even worse. This undeserved nerf happened so quickly that those Halloween noobs didn't even have the time to adapt, to try to learn and understand the killer. To realize that their complaints didn't even make sense to begin with.

    Freddy tells a tragic tale, one which could've ended very differently if BVHR had listened to the right people at the time.

    They don't have to. Survivors will keep buying cosmetics. As long as survivors keep spending, they'll Cater to them.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2338191#Comment_2338191

    They don't have to. Survivors will keep buying cosmetics. As long as survivors keep spending, they'll Cater to them.

    Yeah, this is an undeniable but extremely sad reality. Wish I was responsible for all of BVHR's income so they would have to listen to me. On-release Freddy would already be back by now.

  • @RenRen said:

    I want to play old freddy. He looked fun.

    OG Freddy was a riot. You could run around putting them to sleep at a distance not even totally sure they were there. They might panic and run right at you. Aside from a bit of slowdown and great tracking he didn't have much else. It made so much sense. If you were in the dream world he was going to find you because it was HIS slice of the realm. Mid Fred was good but people whined. Now he has snausages on a shrimp fork instead of knives. Yeah they can get the job done but where'd the fun go?

  • @Thrax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2337958#Comment_2337958

    OG Freddy was a riot. You could run around putting them to sleep at a distance not even totally sure they were there. They might panic and run right at you. Aside from a bit of slowdown and great tracking he didn't have much else. It made so much sense. If you were in the dream world he was going to find you because it was HIS slice of the realm. Mid Fred was good but people whined. Now he has snausages on a shrimp fork instead of knives. Yeah they can get the job done but where'd the fun go?

    Honestly, Freddy on-release was by far his best version. Strong and fun, without being OP or generic.

    An almost perfect killer, if I do say so myself.

  • freddy = cools

    no nerf for him 😎

  • Freddy is my favorite killer in the game. I genuinely do not understand the hate. I read a LOT about this subject and tried to look up videos, but most people just boil it down to "old Freddy was more fun" and that's that. I mean, I feel bad they lost him, but at the same time, I do not want to lose him either. So welcome to prime time!

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Freddy is my favorite killer in the game. I genuinely do not understand the hate. I read a LOT about this subject and tried to look up videos, but most people just boil it down to "old Freddy was more fun" and that's that. I mean, I feel bad they lost him, but at the same time, I do not want to lose him either. So welcome to prime time!

    The issue is HIS ADD-ON ARE TOTAL TRASH, and he was NERFED every which way.

  • I like playing Freddy. Mostly because he is...relaxing.

    You can play Freddy and it is a very simple but fun game. Most times I use Dreampallets because I like the meme.

    I still think he is a bit blant. I want to pull survivors into a nightmare and not into a slightly more blant version of the realm. So yes, some changes would be nice but I never got to know "old Freddy". I only know current Freddy and I do not think he is bad. He is pretty basic but you can have some fun games with him.

  • @Gwinty said:

    I like playing Freddy. Mostly because he is...relaxing.

    You can play Freddy and it is a very simple but fun game. Most times I use Dreampallets because I like the meme.

    I still think he is a bit blant. I want to pull survivors into a nightmare and not into a slightly more blant version of the realm. So yes, some changes would be nice but I never got to know "old Freddy". I only know current Freddy and I do not think he is bad. He is pretty basic but you can have some fun games with him.

    Old Freddy did what you've said: pulling people into the Dream World. He was much stronger than usually perceived to be, but was in need of a few buffs.

1 2 ›