Without Decisive Strike Solo unplayable

I dont have the perk,but about 9 out of 10 games, I either was camped or tunneled to death or someone else from the team. Really strange thing that killer lost in a sense that other 3 could escape, what surprised me even more that red rank killer 3-1 played like this, it was Wraith, Spirit or Doctor.

I really feel the game unplayable without DS,if I did have one could have survived so many times.

Comments

  • Okay...?

    Well, get it or play with Laurie to equip the DS, I don't know what else you want us to tell you lol.

  • @TheBus4K said:

    Okay...?

    Well, get it or play with Laurie to equip the DS, I don't know what else you want us to tell you lol.

    Tunneling out of the hand,and the game mechanics should be changed to punish tunneling killers more

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336301#Comment_2336301

    Tunneling out of the hand,and the game mechanics should be changed to punish tunneling killers more

    Sure, once tunneling survivors are addressed.

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336301#Comment_2336301

    Tunneling out of the hand,and the game mechanics should be changed to punish tunneling killers more

    Please elaborate on how the game mechanics should be changed in order to fit your needs in a way that doesn't interfere with the killer's right to play however they want

  • @Piruluk said:

    I dont have the perk,but about 9 out of 10 games, I either was camped or tunneled to death or someone else from the team. Really strange thing that killer lost in a sense that other 3 could escape, what surprised me even more that red rank killer 3-1 played like this, it was Wraith, Spirit or Doctor.

    I really feel the game unplayable without DS,if I did have one could have survived so many times.

    I never leave home without bt or ds. They counter the killers most efficient strat. Ill switch around the other 2 quite a bit but yeah ds bt are a god send

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336301#Comment_2336301

    Tunneling out of the hand,and the game mechanics should be changed to punish tunneling killers more

    While ignoring the fact that competent survivors can finish all gens under 5 minutes. Tunneling happens for both sides, it's just called differently but the issue is exactly the same.

  • The issue is the tunneling etc that's declared 'sometimes necessary and fair' by the devs, and 'a skilled way to win' by some big name streamers.

    DS isn't the issue.

    It's a bullcrap 'dog eats dogs, every man for himself' mentality. And hey, old DS was often enough used out of exactly that mentality.

    But i reckon if the devs would finally stop blowing smoke up some people's behind and do something against that way of playing they'd also have to kick out about 75% of their biggest fogwhisperers

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336309#Comment_2336309

    While ignoring the fact that competent survivors can finish all gens under 5 minutes. Tunneling happens for both sides, it's just called differently but the issue is exactly the same.

    It can but that’s only if the killer takes a disastrous first chase.

    I’d say my typical game has been going something like spawn in, get my free lethal persuer wallhacks, down someone in 20 seconds because Bubbas chainsaw literally goes for a year, then go collect ruin / pop value and call it a day. The gens gotta be fast for uncoordinated teams to stand a chance.

  • Like most issues there are perks to counter them, things like ds, bt etc. Exist for a reason.

    Biggest issue is people doing unsafe saves, then again most people call it tunneling when it really isn't.

    My advice just use DS, the killer tunnels me he will lose providing ranks mean something

  • @Piruluk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336301#Comment_2336301

    Tunneling out of the hand,and the game mechanics should be changed to punish tunneling killers more

    I'm not saying tunneling is fine, but in high-level games tunneling is the same as wasting a lot of time and throwing the game away. Everyone carries DS or at least 2-3 people have BT. Even BT in itself is a problem, since it allows the one who was on the hook to tank a hit to other survivors. If the killer tries to wait the 12 seconds for the BT to finish, the survivor will have already been able to reach a pallet or a vault and avoid a second hit.

    If they want to fix the tunneling, they have to fix a lot of other aspects of the game.

  • I've never ran DS, solo queue is still fun.

    The current performance issues on console are what make it borderline unplayable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I couldn’t disagree more; I find DS to be only a little better than a 1-time borrowed time you can activate upon yourself.

    I have had DS since the Black Friday Sales last year (got every licensed Killer and Survivor at half price) and I haven’t run it more than 10 times or so since the nerf. Even before the nerf I didn’t run it often.

    Don’t get me wrong it’s a great perk, but solo being unplayable without it? I have 1700 hours on this game and have never played SWF, strictly solo queue. I managed to get every survivor crown in 10 hours, most on my first attempt. Not a single game I ran DS.

    Honestly I’d rather use lucky break instead of DS these days. Don’t need second chances if you don’t get hooked. Losing the killer once or twice will waste more time than DS ever could.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336324#Comment_2336324

    It can but that’s only if the killer takes a disastrous first chase.

    I’d say my typical game has been going something like spawn in, get my free lethal persuer wallhacks, down someone in 20 seconds because Bubbas chainsaw literally goes for a year, then go collect ruin / pop value and call it a day. The gens gotta be fast for uncoordinated teams to stand a chance.

    That's why I said competent. You're not catching a good looper with all pallets up 30s into a game unless you're very strong anti-loop killer who basically ignores pallets (nurse, spirit).

    And even then, with unlucky survivor spawns, you might catch them that fast and it won't matter anyway since you still can't stop 3 survivors working on 3 seperate gens instant the match starts.

    I know that's mostly a rare occurrence but imo it's about as rare as facing actually hard tunneling killer. Most killer are pretty chill and try to go for many hooks if the game pace allows it.

  • I play at Red Ranks solo as a Survivor and I can't think of a single time I've ever used DS. Before and after the changes.

  • Most games that I lose as solo (and theres a LOT) are lost because one player makes a blatantly stupid play that screws us all over.

    Most of the time DS would have made no difference in those situations.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336338#Comment_2336338

    That's why I said competent. You're not catching a good looper with all pallets up 30s into a game unless you're very strong anti-loop killer who basically ignores pallets (nurse, spirit).

    And even then, with unlucky survivor spawns, you might catch them that fast and it won't matter anyway since you still can't stop 3 survivors working on 3 seperate gens instant the match starts.

    I know that's mostly a rare occurrence but imo it's about as rare as facing actually hard tunneling killer. Most killer are pretty chill and try to go for many hooks if the game pace allows it.

    It doesn’t matter how competent the survivor is if I’m running straight over to them and they are in a deadzone. Plenty of survivors are just aimlessly wandering around at the start unaware it’s a 1 shot killer.

    Double chili bamboozle Bubba is definitely A or S tier material on a ton of maps.

    And for killers I’m not as confident on, I use discordance or corrupt. It’s pretty simple, and most of the killers are hard anti-loop these days.

    If you get three tinkerer procs for your first chase you tunnel and attempt to 3 gen. But that usually never happens against solos since most are more worried about surviving to get hatch than gens.

    You can play uncounterable killers (nurse, spirit, slinger, etc) or you can play killers who can wipe the whole team in a single power use (Oni), killers with enough mobility to stop multiple tinkerer procs, etc etc.

    You are acting like everyone is out there playing M1 killers or something.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336357#Comment_2336357

    It doesn’t matter how competent the survivor is if I’m running straight over to them and they are in a deadzone. Plenty of survivors are just aimlessly wandering around at the start unaware it’s a 1 shot killer.

    Double chili bamboozle Bubba is definitely A or S tier material on a ton of maps.

    And for killers I’m not as confident on, I use discordance or corrupt. It’s pretty simple, and most of the killers are hard anti-loop these days.

    If you get three tinkerer procs for your first chase you tunnel and attempt to 3 gen. But that usually never happens against solos since most are more worried about surviving to get hatch than gens.

    You can play uncounterable killers (nurse, spirit, slinger, etc) or you can play killers who can wipe the whole team in a single power use (Oni), killers with enough mobility to stop multiple tinkerer procs, etc etc.

    You are acting like everyone is out there playing M1 killers or something.

    Think what you want.

    Imo you're still significantly lessening the issue with that aspect of killer gameplay. I don't see why we should reblance killer gameplay to stop killers from tunneling while letting survivors to push out gens as fast as they can now if they're good.

    I wonder once MMR begins to work (if ever) and you'll get good survivor teams almost all of your games (since you seem to be crushing all teams easily right now from the way you describe your usual game) if you'll change your perspective then.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336385#Comment_2336385

    Think what you want.

    Imo you're still significantly lessening the issue with that aspect of killer gameplay. I don't see why we should reblance killer gameplay to stop killers from tunneling while letting survivors to push out gens as fast as they can now if they're good.

    I wonder once MMR begins to work (if ever) and you'll get good survivor teams almost all of your games (since you seem to be crushing all teams easily right now from the way you describe your usual game) if you'll change your perspective then.

    I know what MMR will be like, and honestly it’s not really a game I’m interested in playing. 3-4 man SWFs every game and 5-10 minute Q times was my experience. Tunnel with NOED every game or lose. I spent more time in Q than in game.

    DBD is just not competitive. It’s on the competitive level of Mario Kart. And the survivor gameplay experience with a tunneling killer is super boring for anyone who isn’t being tunneled. Hold M1 and hope your teammate is good. If not? Well you lose and there’s probably nothing you can do about it. Solo Q teams are never going to be coordinating body blocking or anything.

    Should DS be basekit? I don’t think so, but I really wish the devs would address the gap between SWF and Solo. Other games like Apex and League balance differently and account for the power of voice comms. DBD was literally designed around not being able to communicate other than 2 emotes. Then they can gut the killers who are viable into SWFs but way way too strong for solo Q.