The killer community is destroying this game

5 games in a row I had a killer who went around slugging everyone and then just left everyone to bleee out. The next 3 games after that the killers I faced all face camped 1 survior all game. Killers are intentionally trying to ruin games to make people quit right now and the devs do nothing about it. Something needs to be done

Comments

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339400#Comment_2339400

    And we can all see the impact you had. Thanks for getting that fixed.

    I play a game as long as it's fun. I take a break or leave when it's not. It's not any grand statement and you're not really impacting anything acting like you stopped to teach the devs a lesson. You didn't.

    Do you take this tack with everything in your life? Something goes bad at work, quit! Kid acts up? Get rid of him! Car trouble? Sell it?

    Weird.

    Sure, if a game becomes unbearable I won't play it. But to think that stopping playing sends some grand message, well. Maybe I was in the WoW trenches too long.

    Best I could do is not buy Cyberpunk. I am a huge fan of the genre. I have read Cyberpunk since the actual 80s. I've played Shadowrun on and off for years, bought many games. I was a kickstarter supporter of Shadowrun Returns. I could NOT wait for Cyberpunk to come out. Regretfully, I can't buy it. It's reportedly terrible and the KIND of terrible that it reportedly is is the kind of terrible I dislike. I don't, however, think I am making a discernible message to the developers. I just know I would be disappointed if I play it.

    I'm an individual. I can only do so much.

    Those things are not comparable to a live service like video games and you know it. Seriously, you're comparing abandoning children with not playing a video game?

  • Nice, another casual who thinks that someone other than Bhvr is ruining the game *sigh*

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339425#Comment_2339425

    What if they don't want to give the survivors a chance to recover (e.g no Kobe off hooks) is that not a valid reason? Again, there's other reasons, these are the only ones that came to mind. Also, without video evidence, it's never reportable. This is the rules for reporting to behaviour fyi.

    Again, I'm condescending because I'd rather you remember this conversation as me being the bad guy but know what's reportable than otherwise. Not just because I think I'm right , but because I hear " I don't like this so I'll report this" so often that it's sickening with, again, the future prospect of an auto an system.

    I've also never bled some teams out (around 3-3.5k hours myself) but if someone doesn't have BBQ (new players) or deerstalker ect then again another reason.

    If we are talking experienced players with it equipped then sure, but if they don't have either of these equipped that's another excuse they could make.

    I still remember a game where Survivors screamed I 'tunneled' because I downed someone, and their friend was 3 feet away with a flashlight.

    They would run away, then run back, making it obvious I could not pick up their SWF buddy. So I had to chase and down them.

    Having done so, I went back to the first guy...who had crawled away, and I could not hear any grunts of pain. So I gave up when a third guy got the Flashlight Survivor up.

    End of the match; I was accused of 'slugging' like a 'baby scrub'. It's like...If you wanted to be picked up; why did you crawl away!?

    But some Survivors can play Ring Around The Hooked Survivor, and claim the Killer camped. They will blame the Killer for everything.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339425#Comment_2339425

    What if they don't want to give the survivors a chance to recover (e.g no Kobe off hooks) is that not a valid reason? Again, there's other reasons, these are the only ones that came to mind. Also, without video evidence, it's never reportable. This is the rules for reporting to behaviour fyi.

    Again, I'm condescending because I'd rather you remember this conversation as me being the bad guy but know what's reportable than otherwise. Not just because I think I'm right , but because I hear " I don't like this so I'll report this" so often that it's sickening with, again, the future prospect of an auto an system.

    I've also never bled some teams out (around 3-3.5k hours myself) but if someone doesn't have BBQ (new players) or deerstalker ect then again another reason.

    If we are talking experienced players with it equipped then sure, but if they don't have either of these equipped that's another excuse they could make.

    You hook the survivor and wait for the kobe. If they kobe you down them. This isnt hard. Most maps take 30 seconds to walk across and it takes 4 minutes to bleed out. If the person kobes down them and find someone else to hook. The only reason 4 people bleed out is because thats what the killer wants.

    Im well aware of the rules for bhvr, thanks though.

    Ill remember this cinversation for the guy that got cindescending while being wrong and having to admit so which you already did 😂

    No, its not. 2 can happy easy enough, 3, MAYBE under crazy circumstances. Never 4. If 4 bled out you 100% wanted that to happen.

    It doesnt take 4 minutes to find 1 slug out of 4

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    5 games in a row I had a killer who went around slugging everyone and then just left everyone to bleee out. The next 3 games after that the killers I faced all face camped 1 survior all game. Killers are intentionally trying to ruin games to make people quit right now and the devs do nothing about it. Something needs to be done

    or you know there playing the game?

    killer player aren't the devs so they can't make everyone happy they can't just nerf themselves for someone benefit

    killers are just playing the game like everyone else is

    so let them.

    both sides have problems with them. Also i don't think killers are trying to make survivors quit because then the game will die

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339494#Comment_2339494

    And again, you'd have to wait the 60s between hook states if they refuse to Kobe until your gone like I've seen quite a few times. I reckon 3 could hide rather easily in 60s to bleed out.

    You don't seem aware of the rules though, because you said to report a possibly none reportable offense with no video evidence.

    *Condescending

    I didnt admit I was wrong, I said in a certain situation which we have no way to prove on either side I could be wrong. But without video evidence I'm always in the right. Well done pal, you tried talking ######### but it just fell short. Try again next time bud, maybe it'll land. And yes, this time I was using it because I think I'm right.

    There probably have been occasions on top tier killer streams where multiple people have bled out. If I looked I could probably see a 4 man bleed out by true at some point or someone else. I'll get back to you on that one though.

    Where did i say they didnt have to include video?

    I asked if they reported them and said that they shoukd have.

    YOU said its a nonreportable offense initially.

    THEN you walked that back to "not always reportable."

    If theres even 1 possibility of it being a reportable offense then my statement stands and your initial condescending statement is false. Periodt.

    Multiple people bleeding out is not a 4 man bleed out. But lets do this, lets say 1 times out of a thousand 4 people all bleed out by accident and the killer LEGIT didnt mean to (i dont think its possible anyone is that dumb, but lets go with it for arguments sake,) that still doesnt make my initial statement of how they should report it wrong. If the team reviews the footage and determines it wasnt an offense then they simply dont take action. Were not talking about tbagging or smacking a survivor on hook here, its an entire team bleeding out. At least 1 of which you downed 2 seconds ago so know exactly where they are.

  • This is really rare at higher ranks, and if it does happen, just ignore the person on the hook and finish gens. And make sure to t bag the killer if they chase you.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339372#Comment_2339372

    From the devs' perspective, all these issues are tolerable and don't stop people from playing the game, since everyone who experiences them keeps playing the game.

    You know what I did when I found the matchmaking an issue because I kept getting survivors who were much stronger than me? I stopped playing killer altogether (instead of playing occasionally). I didn't play killer, reach high ranks, complain about the matchmaker, and then continued playing, because that just means I don't really mind the problem.

    There is a difference between acknowledging the problem and treating it as if it isn't. People playing doesn't mean they don't have issues that make the experience unbearable, in the slightest. It just means, in this case, that the devs had the brilliant idea of pushing something that shouldn't have been out with the current issues, in the form of an event (which is a copy and paste of last year's, anyway). And since event stuff can only be obtained during the event (more than anything else, increased BPs, since we haven't seen them for ages), people play. But the problems are there, and the threads describing them, too.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    5 games in a row I had a killer who went around slugging everyone and then just left everyone to bleee out. The next 3 games after that the killers I faced all face camped 1 survior all game. Killers are intentionally trying to ruin games to make people quit right now and the devs do nothing about it. Something needs to be done

    it doesnt happen in high ranked play. I have thousands and thousands of games with only a handful of truly slugging or tunneling. Perhaps you need to look inward. Also the killer community has dwindled due to toxic survivors and the fact they have to do so much more and constantly pressure the game. Posts like this are just blatant attempts to gain sympathy by someone who is inexperienced and mad they are not better at the game. there are several perks to counter this playstyle. if you get it 5x in a row... and you change nothing... and cant get a decent chase... then you are the problem

  • Slugging and camping are as easy as pressing X on a generator, one could do a generator to combat the camping and slugging and eliminate content from posts like this.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2339372#Comment_2339372

    From the devs' perspective, all these issues are tolerable and don't stop people from playing the game, since everyone who experiences them keeps playing the game.

    You know what I did when I found the matchmaking an issue because I kept getting survivors who were much stronger than me? I stopped playing killer altogether (instead of playing occasionally). I didn't play killer, reach high ranks, complain about the matchmaker, and then continued playing, because that just means I don't really mind the problem.

    I did the exact same thing. I used to play survivor/killer about 70/30 and got tired of getting put up against players who were obviously much better than me and went out of their way to bully me. So, I just stopped playing killer. I'm back at it now, only for the rift and blood point farming due to the cakes, but once I'm out of cakes, I'm not going to touch killer again until they buff Mr Trappi Boi.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336191#Comment_2336191

    How can survivors choose to end the game for killer if they want?

    It's called Gen Rushing.


    The generators finish so fast that you're in the endgame before it even had a chance to begin.


    You really haven't experienced that have you?

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    5 games in a row I had a killer who went around slugging everyone and then just left everyone to bleee out. The next 3 games after that the killers I faced all face camped 1 survior all game. Killers are intentionally trying to ruin games to make people quit right now and the devs do nothing about it. Something needs to be done

    Look although I do not condone face camping, tunnelling or slugging in any way in my opinion if your getting these kinds of killers lots then your clearly a low rank player now I'm not saying your bad but your clearly around rank 20 - 13 which is where I find most salty face campers. I mean if your allowing a killer to get an easy 4k by camping that's your fault because your not gen-rushing the killer while he wastes his time tunnelling and camping, not taking protection hits, not using Borrowed Times or Decisive Strike. If you are really this bothered by those things you can't really complain unless you do everything in your power to counter it. Just my opinion.

  • Move on and understand both sides are just as unfun to play and go against.


    Dead Hard into the killer to make them swing.

    Camping for no reason.

    Unbreakable in the killers face for no reason.

    Slugging to purposefully make you bleed out just be cause.


    Edit: Not to mention how if you're being camped or someone else is your team should just pump gens and leave you to die. If everyones on a gen while you're getting camped then thats 3 gens done and 3 gens at 50-80%. You don't need everyone to escape, that's selfish. Play for the team.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    5 games in a row I had a killer who went around slugging everyone and then just left everyone to bleee out. The next 3 games after that the killers I faced all face camped 1 survior all game. Killers are intentionally trying to ruin games to make people quit right now and the devs do nothing about it. Something needs to be done

    Wanna take a bet on what build those players use when playing survivor? - Little hint: Probably not less sweaty.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2336249#Comment_2336249

    8 games in a row is not bad luck. It’s killer players being intentionally mean in order to get surviors to stop playing

    I forgot that we all had the meeting to decide that. Was it at the same time survivors decided that DS,UB,DH,PTS,BNPs and haddonfield offerings were what you guys were doing "just to be mean"?

    Dude, some killers suck and play a bit scummy to make up for it. He got unlucky. This whole "all killers are mean, booohooo" BS is so old and tired

1 2 3 4 ›