No map overhaul this mid chapter?

I'm all for the devs taking more time to make the overhauled realms function and look good.

But at the very least they could tell us if they're holding off on releasing it for further polish.

I'm tired of getting left in the dark over stuff it would take literally a sentence or two to tell the community.

Comments

  • Wasn't it disabled most of the time, though? Feel like that is a guaranteed delay. And we probably aren't getting a map next chapter either, so they have time... I guess.

  • Maybe they will tell us tomorrow if there's going to be one, i was hoping for haddonfield :(

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Wasn't it disabled most of the time, though? Feel like that is a guaranteed delay. And we probably aren't getting a map next chapter either, so they have time... I guess.

    I'm referring to the realm overhauls that usually take place in major updates.

    This mid chapter has had no teases for a realm overhaul, leading me to believe there isn't going to be one for this update.

    I'm not upset that we aren't getting one, I'm upset because they don't even tell us they're delaying ( if they even are delaying the realm overhaul for this mid chapter ). When all it would take is a single sentence to tell us.

  • Thankfully, it seems we won't get another one, for now.

  • They do the realm reworks in place of new maps. We got a new map with this Chapter, so ergo, there won't be a realm rework.

    Who's to say they're continuing the reworks, anyhow? Just about every realm has already had one.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    They do the realm reworks in place of new maps. We got a new map with this Chapter, so ergo, there won't be a realm rework.

    Who's to say they're continuing the reworks, anyhow? Just about every realm has already had one.

    Well I mean... they wanted to rework every old map. So one could reasonably assume that haddonfield, backwater swamp, and red forest would get overhauled. Especially since they are very old and visually outdated maps. I don't see them stopping when there are still more reworks to be done ( especially on maps that desperately need it ).

    Before the resident evil chapter they stuck to the schedule of one overhaul per major update. With a delay for coldwind causing it to be pushed back to a mid chapter update.

    So we could assume they would stick to the same schedule. Especially since they developed RPD alongside other realm reworks before the resident evil chapter released.

    Ergo, they would reasonably stick to the same schedule. Or not, going by the lack of overhaul teasers for this update.

  • They're probably going to make the map updates during chapter patches so killers that don't have a map at least come with a graphically updated (sometimes completely reworked) map.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    They're probably going to make the map updates during chapter patches so killers that don't have a map at least come with a graphically updated (sometimes completely reworked) map.

    One of the main points I'm trying to articulate is how the devs aren't communicating a simple change in release schedule.

    It would literally take one sentence to say "hey guys, we're pushing back the release of this map overhaul to the next chapter."

    But no, instead we get silence on something that is easily communicable.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335515#Comment_2335515

    One of the main points I'm trying to articulate is how the devs aren't communicating a simple change in release schedule.

    It would literally take one sentence to say "hey guys, we're pushing back the release of this map overhaul to the next chapter."

    But no, instead we get silence on something that is easily communicable.

    Given the fact that they said they're overhauling a lot of survivor models for newer ones this update, something is telling me there was never a plan for an updated realm this update. I also believe they've said in the past that not every single major update will have a graphically updated realm, but most will. That's all the communication the community needs not to be shocked by this happening. That's my take on it.