When is facecamping too much?

Just want opinions😎

Comments

  • Most would say 'Before any gens are done' which, to be fair, is a valid point (here comes the 'but') but... (told you!)

    But, if Survivors just leave the Killer where he stands, they can pop 3 of 5 gens before that one Survivor dies. Of course, that relies on the Survivor dragging out his Hook States as long as possible.

    Which is why I'm 10000000% in favor of Survivors getting BP when the Killer 'camps'; they are 'distracting the Killer by being wriggling meat'. And it would take ALLOT of the sting out of being camped.

  • To me, in about five minutes. Brb I need to finish basement face camping this Dwight with bubba.

  • For me, the only times actual facecamping is justified is when:

    1. The gates are powered.

    2. Hopeless scenarios - say, you've gotten, like, one hook and 4 gens are done and you know you're not gonna be catching anyone else. I don't like doing this, though - only if it is completely, entirely hopeless to continue the match normally.

    3. Survivors are crowding the hook.

    4. Somebody uses an exploit to make my life miserable, like the old hook tech, or breakdown exploit. They deserve it in these cases.

    Just my two cents, though.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/263570/when-is-facecamping-too-much

    I don't think it's ever too much. Every situation is different. I've defended my hooks at 5 gens. Just because I got them hooked at a 3 gen I wanted to keep and they had 2 of the gens over 60 %. It made perfect sense to regress those gens and defend my 3gen/hook

    Its strategy there...y give up your advantage

  • Never, knock yourself out

  • @Altarf said:

    For me, the only times actual facecamping is justified is when:

    1. The gates are powered.

    2. Hopeless scenarios - say, you've gotten, like, one hook and 4 gens are done and you know you're not gonna be catching anyone else. I don't like doing this, though - only if it is completely, entirely hopeless to continue the match normally.

    3. Survivors are crowding the hook.

    4. Somebody uses an exploit to make my life miserable, like the old hook tech, or breakdown exploit. They deserve it in these cases.

    Just my two cents, though.

    Good points on all of those(scenario 2 only vs a sweat squad and I am getting looped for to long😂) . What is the old hook tech?

  • I guess when the survivors don't do anything to punish the killer for doing that.

    For example, let's not leave the 1 person on hook so the rest of us can escape, let's fail a hook bomb and end up giving the killer a 3k.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334249#Comment_2334249

    Good points on all of those(scenario 2 only vs a sweat squad and I am getting looped for to long😂) . What is the old hook tech?

    The hook tech was a bug where if survivors ran underneath the hook when a survivor was in the animation of being hooked, they'd clip through it and be inside the hooked survivor, completely invincible to all attacks except piercing ones like Corrupt Purge or Bubba's chainsaw. They could just sit there and wait for you (often teabagging all the way) to go away, and then they'd just unhook the survivor for free.

    It was incredibly annoying and I just facecamped whenever it happened, because you're giving me an excuse to facecamp two people for the price of one. You can actually still do this if you're in the dying state, though. (At least the last time I checked.)

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I guess when the survivors don't do anything to punish the killer for doing that.

    For example, let's not leave the 1 person on hook so the rest of us can escape, let's fail a hook bomb and end up giving the killer a 3k.

    That is surprisingly effective with noed at end game😂 of course stopped by doing bones

  • @Altarf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334358#Comment_2334358

    The hook tech was a bug where if survivors ran underneath the hook when a survivor was in the animation of being hooked, they'd clip through it and be inside the hooked survivor, completely invincible to all attacks except piercing ones like Corrupt Purge or Bubba's chainsaw. They could just sit there and wait for you (often teabagging all the way) to go away, and then they'd just unhook the survivor for free.

    It was incredibly annoying and I just facecamped whenever it happened, because you're giving me an excuse to facecamp two people for the price of one. You can actually still do this if you're in the dying state, though. (At least the last time I checked.)

    Wow never seen that bug 🤣...I still cant believe the breakdown bug hasn't been fixed though(probably using that time to nerf those toxic moris even more and not key escape requirements 🙄)

  • start of the game.

    if you see a killer who is just camping after their first down and so on for no reason..that's pretty stupid.

    otherwise it's just gonna be mainly situational based on what the survs do.

    but survivors still gonna say "you should let us unhook him after the doors are opened or 99'd so we can escape. so stop camping!"

  • It's justified whenever the killer wants to use it. It would be nice if they waited to use it when they're down to two or less gens, but if survivors can deny a killer a hook by blinding, pallet stunning, body blocking or sabotaging, then the killer has the same right to deny an unhook through the use of face camping. Anyone survivor who says otherwise is a hypocrite.

  • when the killer ignores the game to face camp, as killer you shouldn't even face camp because it makes it easier for surv to organize a save. Proxy camping is better

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    It's justified whenever the killer wants to use it. It would be nice if they waited to use it when they're down to two or less gens, but if survivors can deny a killer a hook by blinding, pallet stunning, body blocking or sabotaging, then the killer has the same right to deny an unhook through the use of face camping. Anyone survivor who says otherwise is a hypocrite.

    @Huge_Bush

    Just out of curiosity.... what makes it justified? Usually I've seen bad killers facecamp when no one has done any of those things.

    They might have over-committed to a survivor meanwhile 3 gens pop, like, is that justified? Or is it them making a mistake by not splitting the pressure. In which case if it's the latter, justified isn't the word I'd use. More like they just doing it because they can.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334632#Comment_2334632

    @Huge_Bush

    Just out of curiosity.... what makes it justified? Usually I've seen bad killers facecamp when no one has done any of those things.

    They might have over-committed to a survivor meanwhile 3 gens pop, like, is that justified? Or is it them making a mistake by not splitting the pressure. In which case if it's the latter, justified isn't the word I'd use. More like they just doing it because they can.

    It doesn't matter if killers camp just because they can or if its because they over committed or made a mistake that lost them gens faster than they could handle. Camping is justified because it is a tactic that the Devs have repeatedly stated is allowed and non-reportable.

    Whether it is a survivor or killer player, as long as they're not hacking or working with the opposing side or breaking any rules that the Devs have set, anything any player does is justified because it is a part of the game. The players don't get to set the rules, the Devs do, and until the Devs come out and say camping, tunneling or slugging are bannable offenses, killers are justified to use them because they are all a part of the game, just as flashlight saving, body blocking, hook saboing and whatever else survivors use in order to give their side an edge.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334728#Comment_2334728

    It doesn't matter if killers camp just because they can or if its because they over committed or made a mistake that lost them gens faster than they could handle. Camping is justified because it is a tactic that the Devs have repeatedly stated is allowed and non-reportable.

    Whether it is a survivor or killer player, as long as they're not hacking or working with the opposing side or breaking any rules that the Devs have set, anything any player does is justified because it is a part of the game. The players don't get to set the rules, the Devs do, and until the Devs come out and say camping, tunneling or slugging are bannable offenses, killers are justified to use them because they are all a part of the game, just as flashlight saving, body blocking, hook saboing and whatever else survivors use in order to give their side an edge.

    @Huge_Bush

    I don't think you understand what I am asking. Justified means that they have a legitimate reason to do it. Many times even under circumstances where they (the survivors) didn't do anything that you listed the killer camps. I.E. they do it without it being justified because it doesn't need to be, they are allowed to do it by the game. Regardless of how broken of a tactic it is.

    Which is why I asked you (the person saying it is justified) why you think it is.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334749#Comment_2334749

    @Huge_Bush

    I don't think you understand what I am asking. Justified means that they have a legitimate reason to do it. Many times even under circumstances where they (the survivors) didn't do anything that you listed the killer camps. I.E. they do it without it being justified because it doesn't need to be, they are allowed to do it by the game. Regardless of how broken of a tactic it is.

    Which is why I asked you (the person saying it is justified) why you think it is.

    But they do have a legitimate reason to do it, to secure a kill. Whether or not it is a broken tactic is another discussion and really only falls down to personal opinion.

  • Very strong strat if you can follow through and don't care about Rank or Bloodpoints.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334841#Comment_2334841

    But they do have a legitimate reason to do it, to secure a kill. Whether or not it is a broken tactic is another discussion and really only falls down to personal opinion.

    @Huge_Bush

    They are not securing a kill when there are 5 gens up and they are facecamping.

    It's not personal opinion when you know the game well enough to understand how some tactics aren't used as tactics every single time.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334863#Comment_2334863

    @Huge_Bush

    They are not securing a kill when there are 5 gens up and they are facecamping.

    It's not personal opinion when you know the game well enough to understand how some tactics aren't used as tactics every single time.

    It is securing a kill, which is making the game easier for themselves as the match goes on, especially if the survivors keep feeding the killer by hovering around the hook, which they often do.

    It is your personal opinion since you don't know what the killer is thinking when they camp at 5 gens.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334904#Comment_2334904

    It is securing a kill, which is making the game easier for themselves as the match goes on, especially if the survivors keep feeding the killer by hovering around the hook, which they often do.

    It is your personal opinion since you don't know what the killer is thinking when they camp at 5 gens.

    @Huge_Bush

    Securing a kill does not make it justifiable. That is literally what I am arguing.

    Everybody knows that it is the 'easy' route, which is why it is so frowned upon.

    You can say/twist it in whatever way you'd like, facts are facts. It is not justified.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334929#Comment_2334929

    @Huge_Bush

    Securing a kill does not make it justifiable. That is literally what I am arguing.

    Everybody knows that it is the 'easy' route, which is why it is so frowned upon.

    You can say twist it in whatever way you'd like, facts are facts. It is not justified.

    that is justification also you don't need to @ him every message it does that the moment you quote him.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334929#Comment_2334929

    @Huge_Bush

    Securing a kill does not make it justifiable. That is literally what I am arguing.

    Everybody knows that it is the 'easy' route, which is why it is so frowned upon.

    You can say twist it in whatever way you'd like, facts are facts. It is not justified.

    Why doesn't securing a kill justify camping?

    It is only frowned upon because it isn't fun for the camped survivor, not because it is the easy route.

    I am not twisting anything, you are.

    Definition of Justified:

    adjective

    adjective: justified

    1.

    having, done for, or marked by a good or legitimate reason.


    Securing a kill early in the match is a legitimate reason for the killer to camp. That is a fact. You aren't thinking with facts, you're thinking with emotions.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334945#Comment_2334945

    Why doesn't securing a kill justify camping?

    It is only frowned upon because it isn't fun for the camped survivor, not because it is the easy route.

    I am not twisting anything, you are.

    Definition of Justified:

    adjective

    adjective: justified

    1.

    having, done for, or marked by a good or legitimate reason.

    Securing a kill early in the match is a legitimate reason for the killer to camp. That is a fact. You aren't thinking with facts, you're thinking with emotions.

    @Huge_Bush

    I didn't ask why securing a kill justifies camping, I asked how you think face-camping at 5 gens is justifiable, and your answer was "securing a kill" assuming that everyone who does that, is securing a kill is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Let alone the fact that most skilled killers would just tell you that you are throwing the game if you do that.

    A legitimate reason to camp in this game would be something like "Survivors were surrounding the hook" "Survivor with a flashlight never left" "All gens are done, so there is nothing else to pressure aside from the hook"... NOT "I did it because the Nea head on me" "I felt like it and I wanted them to have a bad experience". THAT is what I mean when I say that I don't care in which way to try to excuse facecamping because under THOSE reasons it isn't justifiable.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334945#Comment_2334945

    that is justification also you don't need to @ him every message it does that the moment you quote him.

    @HaunterofShadows

    1SqX.gif


  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334945#Comment_2334945

    Why doesn't securing a kill justify camping?

    It is only frowned upon because it isn't fun for the camped survivor, not because it is the easy route.

    I am not twisting anything, you are.

    Definition of Justified:

    adjective

    adjective: justified

    1.

    having, done for, or marked by a good or legitimate reason.

    Securing a kill early in the match is a legitimate reason for the killer to camp. That is a fact. You aren't thinking with facts, you're thinking with emotions.

    i mean i guess i can understand that it can be justified since getting a early kill is a legitimate reason to do it.

    but

    in the name of the title, i think we can all agree that face camping at the start is too much when it comes too "when is too much".

  • No, the reasons you list are your opinion. The Devs are the ones who set the laws and as long as the player follows the laws, anything they choose to do is justified.

    It doesn't matter if it the most absurd thing you heard, it is a legitimate reason for someone to camp at 5 gens. We are not talking about skilled or unskilled killers, we are talking about justice within a game made by Behaviour who dictates what is and isn't allowed.

    The killer is justifed to use camping for whatever reason they want, whenever they want, as long as it falls within the parameters of what the Developers have set.

    I hope you never pursue law because you would be terrible at it.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334982#Comment_2334982

    i mean i guess i can understand that it can be justified since getting a early kill is a legitimate reason to do it.

    but

    in the name of the title, i think we can all agree that face camping at the start is too much when it comes too "when is too much".

    I disagree. I can agree that is is unfun and frustrating, I hate it when it happens to me as much as anyone else would, when it happens at 5 gens, but "too much" can only be defined by the Developers.

    Until the Devs come out and say camping is wrong at 5 gens, it is fair game. It sucks, but it is fair until they introduce new rules or mechanics to stop it.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    No, the reasons you list are your opinion. The Devs are the ones who set the laws and as long as the player follows the laws, anything they choose to do is justified.

    It doesn't matter if it the most absurd thing you heard, it is a legitimate reason for someone to camp at 5 gens. We are not talking about skilled or unskilled killers, we are talking about justice within a game made by Behaviour who dictates what is and isn't allowed.

    The killer is justifed to use camping for whatever reason they want, whenever they want, as long as it falls within the parameters of what the Developers have set.

    I hope you never pursue law because you would be terrible at it.

    @Huge_Bush

    HAHAHAHA ok buddy.

    Keep camping at 5 gens I am sure you are going up those ranks very quickly.

  • A fluffy or scaly dragon? I picture you as a cute, fluffy and cuddly type.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335029#Comment_2335029

    I disagree. I can agree that is is unfun and frustrating, I hate it when it happens to me as much as anyone else would, when it happens at 5 gens, but "too much" can only be defined by the Developers.

    Until the Devs come out and say camping is wrong at 5 gens, it is fair game. It sucks, but it is fair until they introduce new rules or mechanics to stop it.

    how can you hate it if the devs say its okay? wouldn't hating it and then being part of it be an intolerable, impossible, or exhausting situation or experience? which is what "too much" is defined as...

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335031#Comment_2335031

    @Huge_Bush

    HAHAHAHA ok buddy.

    Keep camping at 5 gens I am sure you are going up those ranks very quickly.

    The topic isn't about whether or not I camp at 5 gens, this is about justice, a concept which you obviously have little knowledge of.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335043#Comment_2335043

    The topic isn't about whether or not I camp at 5 gens, this is about justice, a concept which you obviously have little knowledge of.

    @Huge_Bush

    This isnt a courtroom and you aren't a lawyer.

    Stop acting like you are camping at 5 gens and getting 4ks. The name of the game is "Kill survivors" not "Throw the game because you wanted to be a jerk".

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335028#Comment_2335028

    A fluffy or scaly dragon? I picture you as a cute, fluffy and cuddly type.

    scaly one unfortunately. you can pretend I'm a fluffy one though.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335038#Comment_2335038

    how can you hate it if the devs say its okay? wouldn't hating it and then being part of it be an intolerable, impossible, or exhausting situation or experience? which is what "too much" is defined as...

    There are several things in the game that I hate that the Devs allow. An action that is taken within the parameters set by the devs is never "too much". That is just your opinion, not a fact, nor is it an injustice towards the player it is being perpetuated upon.

    I put up with it because other aspects of the game are still enjoyable to me and it doesn't happen anywhere near as often as people on the forums claim it does. If it does start to become intolerable for me, I'll simply stop playing the game. I may make a request that the developers consider changing something, but I am under no delusion that they have to listen to me.

    I don't set the rules or run Behavior so I have no say in what is right or wrong with the game. I can just make my own personal choice on what to do and not take it out on other people for choosing to play a play-style that is sanctioned by the games creators.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335046#Comment_2335046

    @Huge_Bush

    This isnt a courtroom and you aren't a lawyer.

    Stop acting like you are camping at 5 gens and getting 4ks. The name of the game is "Kill survivors" not "Throw the game because you wanted to be a jerk".

    But we are talking about justice, which has everything to do with law, or in this case, rules set forth by the Developers.

    Nowhere have I ever alluded to being a camper at 5 gens and get 4ks. And no, the games name is Dead by Daylight, and the goal of the killer is to kill the survivor. Camping ensures that the killer gets one kill, sometimes, and usually only with a killer like Bubba. If the killer wants to take a chance for one kill a match, that is their prerogative.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335045#Comment_2335045

    There are several things in the game that I hate that the Devs allow. An action that is taken within the parameters set by the devs is never "too much". That is just your opinion, not a fact, nor is it an injustice towards the player it is being perpetuated upon.

    I put up with it because other aspects of the game are still enjoyable to me and it doesn't happen anywhere near as often as people on the forums claim it does. If it does start to become intolerable for me, I'll simply stop playing the game. I may make a request that the developers consider changing something, but I am under no delusion that they have to listen to me.

    I don't set the rules or run Behavior so I have no say in what is right or wrong with the game. I can just make my own personal choice on what to do and not take it out on other people for choosing to play a play-style that is sanctioned by the games creators.

    so even if you agree....you can't because the devs say it isn't...gotcha chief.

  • This is pretty bad

    but lf l have been ######### on by survivors the previous game.

    ln my next match some poor bastard is getting the screws turned on them, usually just for being caught first.

    I’m not saying it’s right, l’m just saying.

    Thats why if l get face camped for no reason l don’t mind, maybe the poor killer had a rough one the previous game and needs to take some frustration out.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335089#Comment_2335089

    so even if you agree....you can't because the devs say it isn't...gotcha chief.

    Me agreeing that the tactic isn't fun is not the same as whether or not it is a justified action for a player to take.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335102#Comment_2335102

    Me agreeing that the tactic isn't fun is not the same as whether or not it is a justified action for a player to take.

    you agreed that it is frustrating and unfun and you hate it when it happens to you or others, but you will not say it is "too much" despite that being the definition all because the devs say it is not?

    just because the devs make the game and the rules and say it's fair game...doesn't mean that the community and players cant also decide what things are "too much" to bear. there are a lot of things that have been "too much" in the past that have been changed.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335120#Comment_2335120

    you agreed that it is frustrating and unfun and you hate it when it happens to you or others, but you will not say it is "too much" despite that being the definition all because the devs say it is not?

    just because the devs make the game and the rules and say it's fair game...doesn't mean that the community and players cant also decide what things are "too much" to bear. there are a lot of things that have been "too much" in the past that have been changed.

    You are correct in both of your statements.

    Whether or not it is "too much" is a personal opinion. It isn't fact until the Developers make it so. Just because you consider it too much doesn't mean everyone else does. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I find it unreasonable or unbearable. If you can manage to get enough of the community to rally against it and get the Devs to change it, more power to you, but until then, it will remain boring, yet fair.

  • Too much?

    or never enough? 😎

  • @Altarf said:

    For me, the only times actual facecamping is justified is when:

    1. The gates are powered.

    2. Hopeless scenarios - say, you've gotten, like, one hook and 4 gens are done and you know you're not gonna be catching anyone else. I don't like doing this, though - only if it is completely, entirely hopeless to continue the match normally.

    3. Survivors are crowding the hook.

    4. Somebody uses an exploit to make my life miserable, like the old hook tech, or breakdown exploit. They deserve it in these cases.

    Just my two cents, though.

    Yep, those are basically the only time I face camp a hook. Just want my one kill that I may or may not get anyways.


    I do not know what number 4 is, however. I am a new player.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334728#Comment_2334728

    It doesn't matter if killers camp just because they can or if its because they over committed or made a mistake that lost them gens faster than they could handle. Camping is justified because it is a tactic that the Devs have repeatedly stated is allowed and non-reportable.

    Whether it is a survivor or killer player, as long as they're not hacking or working with the opposing side or breaking any rules that the Devs have set, anything any player does is justified because it is a part of the game. The players don't get to set the rules, the Devs do, and until the Devs come out and say camping, tunneling or slugging are bannable offenses, killers are justified to use them because they are all a part of the game, just as flashlight saving, body blocking, hook saboing and whatever else survivors use in order to give their side an edge.

    True there are plenty of survivors that said they reported me for slugging near end game with a key in play...not going to let that hatch escape happen without you working for it🤣

    I don't know how they would get around excessive fixing tunneling or face camping🤔