Other Survivors make me so damn angry!

I want to go back to enjoying this game. I really do. I know I need to chill out. I know that enjoyment partially is a result of CHOOSING to enjoy myself.

But man... like my Déjà Vu/3 gen rant earlier, I just can’t handle these teammates lately. And sometimes I don’t feel like playing killer.

I’m sorry to be regularly whiny. I hate being a downer. It’s just that I LOVE this game. So I HATE that my enjoyment of playing survivor is being ruined by terrible, terrible team mates doing things such as;

  • Leading a chase to a gen being worked on.
  • Or back to, or nearby, a hooked survivor. (or a slugged survivor).
  • Survivors quite literally doing nothing. NOTHING!!! Yes, I can see you with my Bond and Open Handed. I understand a little idle play while you figure out what’s going on, or when it’s safe to do something, but DO SOMETHING!!!
  • Players that fast vault, or sprint into lockers, or sabo hooks nearby for no goddamn good reason other than to be a troll.
  • Survivors rescued from a basement hook that then HEAL IN THE BASEMENT!!! Healing at a hook can be fine sometimes, BUT NOT IN THE BASEMENT YOU MORON!!!

Sigh... I think I need a break again. Which peeves me off because the event starts shortly, and I still want BP to level up Chris & Claire.

At least Chivalry 2 is hilarious fun...

Comments

    • Leading a chase to a gen being worked on.

    Most likely an accident, a survivor can rarely keep track of every other survivor without SWF

    • Or back to, or nearby, a hooked survivor. (or a slugged survivor).

    Sometimes just happenstance, they went for save the same time the killer came back.

    • Survivors quite literally doing nothing. NOTHING!!! Yes, I can see you with my Bond and Open Handed. I understand a little idle play while you figure out what’s going on, or when it’s safe to do something, but DO SOMETHING!!!

    Ye this sucks lmao

    • Players that fast vault, or sprint into lockers, or sabo hooks nearby for no goddamn good reason other than to be a troll.

    Valid

    • Survivors rescued from a basement hook that then HEAL IN THE BASEMENT!!! Healing at a hook can be fine sometimes, BUT NOT IN THE BASEMENT YOU MORON!!!

    Very situational. If you know the killer isn't nearby (especially chasing across the map) then this is usually done to save time; since the killer obviously wont give up a chase for it.

  • Honestly you get to a point where you don’t really care what happens in solo matches. watching my stupid teammates is half the fun

  • @AetherBytes said:

    • Leading a chase to a gen being worked on.

    Most likely an accident, a survivor can rarely keep track of every other survivor without SWF

    • Or back to, or nearby, a hooked survivor. (or a slugged survivor).

    Sometimes just happenstance, they went for save the same time the killer came back.

    • Survivors quite literally doing nothing. NOTHING!!! Yes, I can see you with my Bond and Open Handed. I understand a little idle play while you figure out what’s going on, or when it’s safe to do something, but DO SOMETHING!!!

    Ye this sucks lmao

    • Players that fast vault, or sprint into lockers, or sabo hooks nearby for no goddamn good reason other than to be a troll.

    Valid

    • Survivors rescued from a basement hook that then HEAL IN THE BASEMENT!!! Healing at a hook can be fine sometimes, BUT NOT IN THE BASEMENT YOU MORON!!!

    Very situational. If you know the killer isn't nearby (especially chasing across the map) then this is usually done to save time; since the killer obviously wont give up a chase for it.

    “Most likely an accident, a survivor can rarely keep track of every other survivor without SWF

    • Or back to, or nearby, a hooked survivor. (or a slugged survivor).

    Sometimes just happenstance, they went for save the same time the killer came back.”

    Even if it’s accidental, and I’m forced off a gen, there have been tonnes of time the same survivor does it an ADDITIONAL time when I return to try and finish the gen, even though the gen sounds would have been clearly audible to the survivor the first time they “accidentally” lead the killer there.

    Same with the happenstance issue.

    Made a mistake? Fine. CORRECT THAT by attempting to lead the killer as far AWAY as possible.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Honestly you get to a point where you don’t really care what happens in solo matches. watching my stupid teammates is half the fun

    May I reach that stage of nirvana. Right now I am not having fun.

  • For your first point you could've got unlucky. Good survivors never stay at one tile so you probably got unlucky.

    Unfortunately this is why I play solo q rarely. Played 2 man swf a few days the past week and the amount of terrible teammates was horrible.

    Here's the best example you'll ever hear.

    Killer (Legion) brought Midwitch. First survivor immediately dc'ed and he started chasing me. I looped him for 4 minutes and 20 seconds! My mate did 3 gens while the survivor spent 3 minutes following me with a flashlight. Guess what, they missed..

    My mate had to trade with me because the Legion decided to facecamp lol this survivor then proceeded to get downed in front of the hook TWICE instead of healing me and both trying. Anyway I left them to die and got out the door.

    In this game my 4 minute chase would've resulted in a 5 gen chase and 4 man escape. Instead though I had a DC, and a trash waste of a teammate.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    For your first point you could've got unlucky. Good survivors never stay at one tile so you probably got unlucky.

    Unfortunately this is why I play solo q rarely. Played 2 man swf a few days the past week and the amount of terrible teammates was horrible.

    Here's the best example you'll ever hear.

    Killer (Legion) brought Midwitch. First survivor immediately dc'ed and he started chasing me. I looped him for 4 minutes and 20 seconds! My mate did 3 gens while the survivor spent 3 minutes following me with a flashlight. Guess what, they missed..

    My mate had to trade with me because the Legion decided to facecamp lol this survivor then proceeded to get downed in front of the hook TWICE instead of healing me and both trying. Anyway I left them to die and got out the door.

    In this game my 4 minute chase would've resulted in a 5 gen chase and 4 man escape. Instead though I had a DC, and a trash waste of a teammate.

    My last match I was on suffocation pit against Deathslinger. After a lot of tomfoolery TRYING to get at least ONE gen done despite constantly being pushed off by chases being lead to my gen, no matter WHICH gen I moved onto, I finally went down and got hooked. 4 or 5 minutes had passed and there was still no gens repaired. My goodness I did try and try and try. I don’t know WHAT the other 2 were doing as 1 of them was being chased (always towards the gen I was on).

    Anyway.... this bill tries to hook bomb the second Deathslinger hooks me, because you know... BT only works if the killers is within 1 metre of the hook (eye roll). Bill gets injured, then unhooks me, gets downed, I’m whacked, before I can get behind LoS I’m speared.

    Back on hook.

    Still no gens done.

    I suicided.

  • Sometimes it's an accident, but yeah I know a lot or people absolutely bring killers to teammates on purpose. I hear your frustration. Lately I've been running the killer literally for 2+ minutes and not a single gen gets done. Yesterday, my Jake teammate went into the basement to search for a a medkit to heal. Everyone knows you can't do gens if you're injured. But first, he heard the terror radius and got scared, so he hid in a locker and the Huntress was using Iron Maiden. He proceeded to search the chest, like the Huntress wasn't going to get the injured moron screaming in the basement.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    go play killer again to remind yourself of how much worse of an experience it is compared to survivor

    i'll take dumb teammates any day over playing killer right now

    Nah, I never ever get this angry as killer. In those every now and again games where it’s clear I’m totally out matched, I just chill out and wait by a gate switch.

    If they just want to play repair simulator, I let them.

    But sometimes I’m just not in the mood to play Killer. Usually I enjoy survivor. But lately.... sheesh...

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    Sometimes it's an accident, but yeah I know a lot or people absolutely bring killers to teammates on purpose. I hear your frustration. Lately I've been running the killer literally for 2+ minutes and not a single gen gets done. Yesterday, my Jake teammate went into the basement to search for a a medkit to heal. Everyone knows you can't do gens if you're injured. But first, he heard the terror radius and got scared, so he hid in a locker and the Huntress was using Iron Maiden. He proceeded to search the chest, like the Huntress wasn't going to get the injured moron screaming in the basement.

    I can’t bring myself to remove Calm Spirit at the moment. It’s been pretty much necessary in almost every one of my games. If it’s not Doc, it’s a Huntress, Trickster, or Legion doing their adept with Iron Maiden. And if it’s not one of those it’s other killers with Infectious Friggin Fright.

  • Usually when you play survivor you get bad teammates but when you play killer every survivor is Rambo.

  • I took a long enough break to get bumped down to Rank 15 for survivor and its quite literally impossible to ever leave yellow/brown ranks Solo. It would be funny if it wasn't so painful.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318555#Comment_2318555

    I can’t bring myself to remove Calm Spirit at the moment. It’s been pretty much necessary in almost every one of my games. If it’s not Doc, it’s a Huntress, Trickster, or Legion doing their adept with Iron Maiden. And if it’s not one of those it’s other killers with Infectious Friggin Fright.

    Funny my Clair just got Calm Spirit. I have never got this perk before as I prestige right at 50 so needless to say I was super excited. Soon as I put the perk in a slot I have yet to see Doc, Infectious, IM, DG, MYC, Deathbound, Spies, etc. FML for reals.

  • They could be saboing due to either daily or tome challenges. Whenever I get one I'll slap on that add-on that doesnt alert the killer when you sabo though.

  • It's the New RE fanbase that ranked up quickly, or are playing with you. I know I been saying this for weeks but the new wave of player are obviously not going to be good at the game. Which is why I myself have not touched the game in 2 weeks. Give it about 2 to 3 months to see who will stay and who moves on from the game. That is why there has been an increase in bad survivor players in the past month. And yeah playing killer is just something not everyone can play a whole lot, including me I get bored or stressed out from that role real quick.

  • Yeah there is so much bad teammates. For example, last night i cleansed totem. David saw me i am doing this and he wanted cleanse. I did not let him do and he bodyblocked me. He did not leave before killer come to us. And then i down and i dc'ed. I reported him, hope he gets ban.


    1.jpg


  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I want to go back to enjoying this game. I really do. I know I need to chill out. I know that enjoyment partially is a result of CHOOSING to enjoy myself.

    But man... like my Déjà Vu/3 gen rant earlier, I just can’t handle these teammates lately. And sometimes I don’t feel like playing killer.

    I’m sorry to be regularly whiny. I hate being a downer. It’s just that I LOVE this game. So I HATE that my enjoyment of playing survivor is being ruined by terrible, terrible team mates doing things such as;

    • Leading a chase to a gen being worked on.
    • Or back to, or nearby, a hooked survivor. (or a slugged survivor).
    • Survivors quite literally doing nothing. NOTHING!!! Yes, I can see you with my Bond and Open Handed. I understand a little idle play while you figure out what’s going on, or when it’s safe to do something, but DO SOMETHING!!!
    • Players that fast vault, or sprint into lockers, or sabo hooks nearby for no goddamn good reason other than to be a troll.
    • Survivors rescued from a basement hook that then HEAL IN THE BASEMENT!!! Healing at a hook can be fine sometimes, BUT NOT IN THE BASEMENT YOU MORON!!!

    Sigh... I think I need a break again. Which peeves me off because the event starts shortly, and I still want BP to level up Chris & Claire.

    At least Chivalry 2 is hilarious fun...

    This is precisely why you absolutely cannot take solo queue seriously and why I play killer mostly. Waaaaaaay to much of your success depends on your team mates.

  • The only thing I'd argue is the leading to gens being worked on. Sometimes it's inevitable because there's no where else to go and I'd argue the damage is lower to interrupt a single gen being worked on (provided that survivors are split) than going down and giving a hook stage

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Honestly you get to a point where you don’t really care what happens in solo matches. watching my stupid teammates is half the fun

    That's where I'm at (or have been at for a long time).

    It's unfortunate but as a solo survivor, you're at the mercy of the ranking system to give you at least decent teammates to play with. Some might be doing challenges and are willing to throw the match for said challenges, some might just have different priorities than I do and therefore our playstyle clashes, or some might just be toddlers who somehow managed to get to Red Ranks as a survivor as they chew on the controller.

    Whatever the reason, I've just kind of accepted that I'm probably going to die going in as a solo survivor and have made peace with that. Sometimes I get pleasantly surprised and have another survivor who knows what they're doing but I have stopped expecting competence from my teammates :D

  • I have more than 2000 hours in the game and the ranking system keeps matching me with people of 100 hours. Those people shouldn't be in my games. And I shouldn't be in their games.