Hallowed Blight Skins
So you unlock the killer skins by getting hooks. SO will it be 50 hooks for one peice of a cosmetic like in other community events or will it just be 50 for an entire set. Or maybe more.
So you unlock the killer skins by getting hooks. SO will it be 50 hooks for one peice of a cosmetic like in other community events or will it just be 50 for an entire set. Or maybe more.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Tomorrow you´ll find out!
Due to the developers' preferences for grind, I am sure its 50 per piece and not for the entire set.
It'd be a welcomed surprise if I was proved wrong.
Since they removed the possibility to sabotage event hooks, i´d say grind.
Is that confirmed?
Yea sabotaging event hooks was removed
And this patch note alone made my day!
I think people are assuming too much here. I wouldn't be surprised at all if most of the cosmetics are a limited time offer in the shop.
I was planning on possibly not playing but i saw that and felt gud.
Did you guys miss this particular point in the patch notes?
"Feature - Added customization filter options "Artifact" and "Event" in the Store catalog screen"
An event filter in the store. Clearly they intend to sell event cosmetics in the near future.
Yes, i was thinking the same. I would have probably only played survivor. Since Killer was a nightmare during the Howling Grounds event.
Maybe you can buy it after the event if you werent able to play? Because these are high quality skins and i wouldnt doubt if they were available by some financial way.
That's awesome news but I cannot seem to find anything about it.
I was very worried about the whole sabo-buff plus hook placement change..
I would think that it would be more likely that the event cosmetics are only purchasable for a limited time. Historically speaking, during most events there is one cosmetic item for killers and one for survivors and maybe one more that is unlockable by the whole community's effort. I anticipate perhaps a couple of items being unlockable and the rest being available for a limited time in the store. I see no reason why they would just give all those cosmetics away for free. We'll see soon enough though.
Let this ease your mind m8

I theorised to my friend that maybe you are only able to unlock a full set for 1 killer of your choosing but the rest you can buy
That doesn't exactly mean they will sell event items seeing as you can view things you already own in the store. So previous event items will fall under the Event filter and content creator exclusives (Twitch, YouTube etc) would fall under Artifact.
This is one of those situations where I would prefer to be wrong. I would have no problem unlocking cosmetics by hanging players on hooks. We'll see soon enough anyway.
Is there some kind of event going on tomorrow ?
Yes. It starts tomorrow and ends on the 31th.
Maybe they explain more in the dev stream, which is about to start.
60 seconds
You can only get 3 pieces of cosmetics.
7 outfits but we can only get one for free and the rest is auric cells only - what a joke!
Maybe they asked Gaben for help how to cashgrab properly.
This one is executed really well
so im gonna get doc then buy huntress and wraith. the cosmetics are 1100 auric cells each right?
Well, they are making their money with the skins.
Those skins look terrific and at least i will have a hard time choosing one.
But 1 outfit out of 7? Come on, at least 2 outfits out of 7 seriously wouldn't hurt them!
You can always buy them in the shop. won´t hurt you either, i guess.
Yeah it would hurt, because I don't have the kind of money to "waste" on those cosmetics. As a community event there was no need to make almost all of them auric cells only from the beginning!
Well, no one forces you to buy them. Unlock the one you like the most and be happy with the FREE awesome looking skin.
But then it brings up a harder question of "who do i unlock"
Wraith is cool af but trapper is my boy.
Don´t forget the Doctor! And Dwight... Claudette... Damn, those skins look all great!
Why are people compaining, these are actually really good looking skins, they worth the few bucks, also they also need to earn money, you think they are paid in candies ?
HOLY #########, The Wraith one is so good!
I don´t know what´s going on with everyone. We get more free stuff than ever before, can choose what we want, and people still complain.

You see the problem IS that the skins are so good but we are only able to get 1 for free.
The fact that this "event" is not an "event" is what I think most people are sad about.. Maybe all the lore stuff will be SUPER cool and more then make up for it? The fact that the skins will ALWAYS been in the shop makes it feel like less of an "event" IMO
But people would even cry if they would let us grind all 7 outfits. Because the lobby queues for killers will be horrendous.
Of course i would love it, if we could unlock more skins.
But what´s better? Getting more free stuff for a game that goes bankrupt in a few months
Or getting less free stuff, but supporting the game for years through skins?
I think another problem is that we dont know how much money perk skin it costs. If its ten each its like $70 whole dollerinos. Which is fair as these are the best skins i have ever seen in this game but i would love to be able to get them all.
They could add the option to unlock them with shards. But 70$ of shards will be a huge amount of playtime.
I think they said auric cells only
I think if enough people complain (like on these threads), they might change their mind.
I feel ripped off, I want my hype for the event back.
Honestly? They need to just add 3 more pieces.
3/21 pieces is pretty poor offering.
Like... let those that want to play like crazy in the event timeframe earn them.
What is wrong with that.
Make the 1st outfit (3 pieces) take 30 vials, then the 2nd one take 50 more.
Why not give us that option. Then lock the remaining ones behind the paywall. I'm not complaining like a moron, I just think it's kinda tight.
I know I'd definitely buy 1-2 with cells sometime soon if the event wasn't so tight.
If it stays as it is... I'll earn my free one and MAYBE buy 1 later.
Because it's not even close to other games with a lesser budget. They think they're HotS or something but at least HotS gives the loot chests with random chances where you can possibly get multiple.
Similar asymmetricals give out way more free outfits.
I am really dissapointed with this event.
I've supported DBD alot, bought every single DLC with money, as well as some cosmetics but seeing that they call this an "event" and they only allow us to get 1 outfit is really bad in my book.
You don't get skins for free. You earn them by playing during certain time frame (the hallowed blight event), and i see no problem with letting people who are willing to "no-life" the event to get all skins if they have time. This would go a loooooong way in the community. If this were the case, i'd probably play enough to earn 2-3 outfits and buy all the rest with cash. Seeing how this is not the case, i will hold my money and will think twice about spending my money. It just seems greedy.
I hate lootboxes. The worst thing ever!
In HotS, they tossed out slightly different skin colors as completely new skin. Then they added all the other useless stuff like paintings, portraits, sounds, etc. The chance to actually getting what you want is like winning the lottery.
I played since beta, and got 80+ boxes. Most of the stuff was trash. I think i got 2 new heroes, and 3 epic skins. The rest was just trash. I even spend 15.000 gold to reroll.
So you had bad RNG, but doesn't detract from the point. You get at least 1-2 NEW skins from the loot boxes during events with the potential for more without spending a dime. That's for a game that's not even really doing a good job.
Identity V allows you to get 4 free skins every 2 months just by playing and you get their version of lootboxes like candy which can include unlocks if you get the best skin