Did blood warden get changed, is it a bug or was it always this way?

I just went against a freddy with blood warden, since I'm solo some random opened the door a few seconds before someone got hooked. I looked at the door I opened after he hooked the other person and there was no blood warden. So I went for the save and got chased, I ran back to my door wanting to escape but I couldn't because just as I went to the finish line; blood warden.

Did I not see it because I opnened my door after blood warden got activated? and if so, is it intentional/was it always that way? or is it a visual bug I should report because I remember clearly that you could see blood warden from a distance?

I hope some someone can clarify that for me so I know better for the next time :)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Famicx said:

    I just went against a freddy with blood warden, since I'm solo some random opened the door a few seconds before someone got hooked. I looked at the door I opened after he hooked the other person and there was no blood warden. So I went for the save and got chased, I ran back to my door wanting to escape but I couldn't because just as I went to the finish line; blood warden.

    Did I not see it because I opnened my door after blood warden got activated? and if so, is it intentional/was it always that way? or is it a visual bug I should report because I remember clearly that you could see blood warden from a distance?

    I hope some someone can clarify that for me so I know better for the next time :)

    Oh did they make it so you didn't see the spikes till you got close enough? Yo thatd be a cool buff if so. It sucks when a survivor can see the spikes from far away so they just hide.

  • If memory serves correctly, Exit Gate blockers only pop up as someone who can't escape approaches the Exit.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260375/did-blood-warden-get-changed-is-it-a-bug-or-was-it-always-this-way

    Oh did they make it so you didn't see the spikes till you got close enough? Yo thatd be a cool buff if so. It sucks when a survivor can see the spikes from far away so they just hide.

    I think that's the case, the spikes now are visible only while the survivor is in the exit area if I recall correctly

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260375/did-blood-warden-get-changed-is-it-a-bug-or-was-it-always-this-way

    Oh did they make it so you didn't see the spikes till you got close enough? Yo thatd be a cool buff if so. It sucks when a survivor can see the spikes from far away so they just hide.

    That's exactly what I meant, I can imagine it's because I opened the door after it already was activated, but I don't know

  • @TAG said:

    If memory serves correctly, Exit Gate blockers only pop up as someone who can't escape approaches the Exit.

    Did they? I remember seeing the spikes pop up from a good distance away. Coulda been a bug though.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260375/did-blood-warden-get-changed-is-it-a-bug-or-was-it-always-this-way

    Oh did they make it so you didn't see the spikes till you got close enough? Yo thatd be a cool buff if so. It sucks when a survivor can see the spikes from far away so they just hide.

    So this is why I hook Clau to death (Bloodwarden activated), Dwight crawling midway to escape, I picked him up and got DS. He constantly clicky the whole 5sec then run to escape. But too bad for him, death.

    I was wondering why he clicky and not run out of Gate.

  • You got cucked by his red addon.

    If u were not in dreamworld when u first opened the gate and saw nothing, and after you went into the dream state and saw the exits blocked, that would explain.

  • @Famicx said:

    I just went against a freddy with blood warden, since I'm solo some random opened the door a few seconds before someone got hooked. I looked at the door I opened after he hooked the other person and there was no blood warden. So I went for the save and got chased, I ran back to my door wanting to escape but I couldn't because just as I went to the finish line; blood warden.

    Did I not see it because I opnened my door after blood warden got activated? and if so, is it intentional/was it always that way? or is it a visual bug I should report because I remember clearly that you could see blood warden from a distance?

    I hope some someone can clarify that for me so I know better for the next time :)

    I had this too but it was an add on that doors are blocked for 15 seconds after opening, regardless of someone being hooked. I thought it was a super delayed blood warden.

  • I believe this is a shadow buff or bug. I have had several games as survivor where killers brought bw and you couldnt see the spikes till you were close to them. I assumed it was a shadow buff so people could no longer see it from way outside the exit gates or while on hook.

    I actually really like this change and have been running it more on my killers after I noticed this. Got several extra kills against cocky people due to it.

  • It's always been a thing. You had to be halfway through the gate before you can see that it's trapped

  • It's his new pink add on. If you're in the dream world, the exit gates will be blocked off for like 15 seconds.

  • Yup, this just caught me completely off guard too. Didn't see bloodwarden from a distance (as you normally would) but as I was near actually exiting the match, it showed up and blocked me.

    Either a shadow buff or a bug.

  • @TAG said:

    If memory serves correctly, Exit Gate blockers only pop up as someone who can't escape approaches the Exit.

    You could see them from a great distance away. At least for updates prior to 5.0.0. It should function the way you discribed it though, if not BHVR'd.

  • I don't even think it was a 'shadow' buff. I actively remember them changing it so that you can only see Bloodwarden when you're actually trying to walk out. I don't remember where I got that information from though.

  • I believe that this is a bug currently with Bloodwarden, you can check to see if the issue has been reported here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs if not, please make a report there (I don't believe I've seen it listed there).