Adepts

Fractured cowshed, twins. It's a tough game, with a lot of close calls, but in the end I manage to come out on top, with a 12 hooks game. Hatch was closed, gates weren't open, 1 gen left before the EGC...

But I don't get the adept because I didn't break enough gens. Seriously? I think I earned that trophy, the game can go break in half if it thinks that's not enough.

Comments

  • 4 k should be plenty enough to get adept. Period. End of story.

  • I've gotten adepts without kicking a single gen. What emblem wasn't Iridescent?

  • @JHondo said:

    I've gotten adepts without kicking a single gen. What emblem wasn't Iridescent?

    I don't remember the name, but I specifically remember gen defense and gates closed being the things I got points for in that game.

  • @JHondo said:

    I've gotten adepts without kicking a single gen. What emblem wasn't Iridescent?

    You can fail the adept if you had less than 71 points in Gatekeeper. You get 28 points for completing the match without an open gate, but that isn't always enough to tip Gatekeeper into iridescent if the game was just over too fast. Pretty possible if you lose the first two gens immediately or get Prove Thyself/Brand New Partsed at the start, because you get points per second per gen remaining and holding the last gen for a long time provides surprisingly few points to make up for the early loss.

  • Kicking gens doesn't contribute extra points to any emblem and has no effect on your rank progression (which defines you getting or not getting the adept achievement). BP score events are not to be confused with emblem score events.

    For detailed info on how emblem system works refer to dbd wiki:

    Emblems are a new Ranking Mechanic that was implemented with Patch 1.9.4 into Dead by Daylight . 1 Overview 2 Survivor Emblems 2.1 Lightbringer 2.2 Unbroken 2.3 Benevolent 2.4 Evader 3 Killer Emblems 3.1 Gatekeeper 3.2 Devout 3.3 Malicious 3.4 Chaser 4 Emblem Qualities 5 Ranking 5.1 Pip Conditions 6 Change Log 6.1 Patch 2.0.0 6.2 Patch 2.3.0 6.3 Patch 3.0.0 7 Trivia The Emblem System is a replacement for the Victory Cube for Killers and the old Bloodpoint-related Rank Mechanic for Survivors. A P

    In your case, you (apparently) lost several gens too quickly and they didn't contribute enough points to your Gatekeeper (iirc each minute for the first 9 minutes you get X points for every gen left to be completed, the less gens remain - the less points you get).

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2300146#Comment_2300146

    You can fail the adept if you had less than 71 points in Gatekeeper. You get 28 points for completing the match without an open gate, but that isn't always enough to tip Gatekeeper into iridescent if the game was just over too fast. Pretty possible if you lose the first two gens immediately or get Prove Thyself/Brand New Partsed at the start, because you get points per second per gen remaining and holding the last gen for a long time provides surprisingly few points to make up for the early loss.

    That's what I was wondering with them, if they didn't keep survivors off of gens early and lost a bunch. It's per minute now for the first 9 minutes of the match you get points for each gen not completed. Having the gates closed only barely guarantees you a gold emblem.

  • Its BS that Survivor could play like complete garbage and still get adept if they manage to escape. while Killers have to go out of their way to extend the game long enough to get the points.

    It should simply be getting a 4k, period.