This is a problem

So I was going to post this after it happened, but I've been busy responding to others on here. So about half an hour ago, I was playing Nurse. I didn't miss a single blink. Not one(I'm proud of this 😂)


But guess how many kills I got? Two. The match lasted maybe 5 minutes, and I got ten hooks in that time. I still only get two kills.



So tell me. How is it fair that survivors doing gens quickly can nearly beat a Nurse playing perfectly? And it's not that I'm salty about not getting a 4k, I was just thinking:

If they got two people out against a Nurse that was playing perfectly, then they would definitely get at least 3 out with any other killer.


This needs fixing. It takes absolutely no skill to do this when it's the most powerful thing in the game.

Comments

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294922#Comment_2294922

    Correction: There's no counterplay to her in a CHASE. You can still genrush a Nurse. You can still stealth a Nurse. A good team who knows what they're doing is going to genrush and stealth a Nurse.

    Exactly this.

  • Where is the problem here exactly?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Because you clearly didn't at perfectly. 5 minutes is an average match length for me, and I win about half of them. As Plague. I still win a lot against 3.30 gens.

    What you went against was a normal SWF team and you should have played dirtier. That's just how it is. Does it suck? Yes, but that's just the game, and at this level it's unfortunately still balanced. Now, of you wanna talk about 3-minite trials, or 3.30 trials, I'm here for that too. Because I ######### hate all of it and its not fun to play even if it is still possible to win.

    And that sure as hell isn't balanced. They may not have played as efficiently as possible, but it was enough to win against my Nurse. That isn't even possible except for those situations where I get a combo of bad RNG+Genrush.


    Did I mention that those guys were seriously BAD? It takes no skill to do that, and yet it beats the best killer in the game playing efficiently as possible. Now, think of trying to win that as Wraith, Myers, etc. Literally impossible.

  • @justbecause said:

    Where is the problem here exactly?

    The fact that only Nurse can do anything about that.

  • I'm sorry what? Are u saying other killers are losing 3-4 escapes each match?

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294981#Comment_2294981

    I'm sorry what? Are u saying other killers are losing 3-4 escapes each match?

    No. I'm talking about genrush squads like that one, not just regular games. The fact that it's possible to make a game unwinnable for most killers with no effort or skill requirement is bullshit.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294931#Comment_2294931

    I'm just saying that that isn't winnable for other killers. That shouldn't be a thing.

    It is winnable, my average gen speeds are 3-4 minutes and I still beat those teams as a Plague main. It's just not very fun.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294931#Comment_2294931

    And that sure as hell isn't balanced. They may not have played as efficiently as possible, but it was enough to win against my Nurse. That isn't even possible except for those situations where I get a combo of bad RNG+Genrush.

    Did I mention that those guys were seriously BAD? It takes no skill to do that, and yet it beats the best killer in the game playing efficiently as possible. Now, think of trying to win that as Wraith, Myers, etc. Literally impossible.

    Yeah, no shite they were bad, that is literally the AU killer experience you are complaining about. Slam gens, predrop pallets, pretend you were good. That is the absolutely significant majority of teams I go against, and is why my m1 skills are so ######### rusty. It take sno skill to play that way and no skill to beat them, just plenty of hardcore camping and slugging.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294984#Comment_2294984

    No. I'm talking about genrush squads like that one, not just regular games. The fact that it's possible to make a game unwinnable for most killers with no effort or skill requirement is bullshit.

    Gen rush squads and u got nearly 4k? With nurse so with spirit, blight, hag etc u could do the same thing and with others u can either win or lose completely I agree about that part even tho that depends on player and how skilful they are

  • Because the game is balanced around survivors wasting their own time.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/259697/this-is-a-problem

    It’s because survivors never have to learn any new skills.

    This is because of two, maybe three, reasons:

    Survivors don't have powers and thus limited gameplay options. The only items that require any skill/learning are the flashlight and maybe the new flashbang. (Dunno, haven't used it yet.)

    The highest skill ceiling for survs is looping which does not always play into the overall objective. (No amount of learning to loop good is going to change gen repair speeds.) Yes, good loopers can buy time for their teams. Though this advantage can be very map and RNG dependent.

    Introducing some high skill element either by items or perks that affect a chase - crap I had a full thought here, but it fled.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294968#Comment_2294968

    It is winnable, my average gen speeds are 3-4 minutes and I still beat those teams as a Plague main. It's just not very fun.

    If you’re winning genrush games as a Plague, that is entirely up to the Survivors making really, REALLY bad mistakes. I don’t really see what point you’re trying to make here when these scenarios you’re painting are completely irrelevant to both your ability to win or the strength of Killers.

    Of course, that’s assuming I believe you, which I don’t, because Plague mains don’t exist.

  • If you have Ruin+Pop, didn't miss a single blink, and only got a 2k, then something isn't adding up here. You either have some serious game sense issues, didn't run Corrupt which will bite you on a map like that, etc. Would have to see a VOD.

  • @CoalTower said:

    So I was going to post this after it happened, but I've been busy responding to others on here. So about half an hour ago, I was playing Nurse. I didn't miss a single blink. Not one(I'm proud of this 😂)

    But guess how many kills I got? Two. The match lasted maybe 5 minutes, and I got ten hooks in that time. I still only get two kills.

    So tell me. How is it fair that survivors doing gens quickly can nearly beat a Nurse playing perfectly? And it's not that I'm salty about not getting a 4k, I was just thinking:

    If they got two people out against a Nurse that was playing perfectly, then they would definitely get at least 3 out with any other killer.

    This needs fixing. It takes absolutely no skill to do this when it's the most powerful thing in the game.

    If you want me to take you seriously post the video footage from the game.

  • i think we call call it : close game .

    each side cant 100% 4K or 4 Escape . theres a luck part.

    consider you still won with 10 hooks wich says 2 hook on everyone . i would be happy to do it as nurse and last word , everyone do mistakes , i didnt see your game but maybe at the end you should have slugged if you did not have done it .

  • Well, the match went as favorably as it could for them. Large map, ruin cleansed early, spreaded hook stages. Still, only two got out. Your reasoning could still be reversed to point out how strong Nurse is, because if only they didn't luck out on one of those things, they would've been doomed.

    And you played well. So did they by pushing gens against a killer that bypasses survivor defenses.

    A weaker killer on that map? Sure, probably a bad defeat. On better maps? A more balanced match maybe. On those maps against your Nurse? Easy 4k.

    Edit: grammar.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If you have Ruin+Pop, didn't miss a single blink, and only got a 2k, then something isn't adding up here. You either have some serious game sense issues, didn't run Corrupt which will bite you on a map like that, etc. Would have to see a VOD.

    I didn't run corrupt. It was basically just bad RNG that I lost. Mother's Dwelling and Ruin was cleansed before I saw anyone.


    My issue here is the fact that no other killer would be able to win that, or even get a 2k. It isn't possible.

  • @CoalTower said:

    So I was going to post this after it happened, but I've been busy responding to others on here. So about half an hour ago, I was playing Nurse. I didn't miss a single blink. Not one(I'm proud of this 😂)

    But guess how many kills I got? Two. The match lasted maybe 5 minutes, and I got ten hooks in that time. I still only get two kills.

    So tell me. How is it fair that survivors doing gens quickly can nearly beat a Nurse playing perfectly? And it's not that I'm salty about not getting a 4k, I was just thinking:

    If they got two people out against a Nurse that was playing perfectly, then they would definitely get at least 3 out with any other killer.

    This needs fixing. It takes absolutely no skill to do this when it's the most powerful thing in the game.

    Seems like its almost required to get players out of the game instead of spreading out hooks, since 2 hooks 2 kills is the same end result as 10 hooks 2 kills.

  • @Bwsted said:

    Well, the match went as favorably as it could for them. Large map, ruin cleansed early, spreaded hook stages. Still, only two got out. Your reasoning could still be reversed to point out how strong Nurse is, because if only they didn't luck out on one of those things failed, they would've been doomed.

    And you played well. So did they pushing gens against a killer that bypasses survivor defenses

    A weaker killer on that map? Dure, probably a bad defeat. On better maps? A more balanced match maybe. On those maps against your Nurse? Easy 4k.

    You're right about the match being heavily in favor of the survivors.


    However, you can't really call Nurse OP, if that's what you meant. You can only win a chase with her quickly if you're better than the survivor you're chasing. She takes enough skill to justify being so strong.

    Genrush like that, however, takes zero skill. Those survivors were worse than most of the ones I go against. They just did gens efficiently.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/259697/this-is-a-problem

    Seems like its almost required to get players out of the game instead of spreading out hooks, since 2 hooks 2 kills is the same end result as 10 hooks 2 kills.

    I personally pride myself on not tunneling. I'd rather lose than to hard tunnel someone, honestly.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294978#Comment_2294978

    Yeah, no shite they were bad, that is literally the AU killer experience you are complaining about. Slam gens, predrop pallets, pretend you were good. That is the absolutely significant majority of teams I go against, and is why my m1 skills are so ######### rusty. It take sno skill to play that way and no skill to beat them, just plenty of hardcore camping and slugging.

    I don't like camping personally. I pride myself on never camping or tunneling. At least not super hard, anyways.

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294992#Comment_2294992

    Gen rush squads and u got nearly 4k? With nurse so with spirit, blight, hag etc u could do the same thing and with others u can either win or lose completely I agree about that part even tho that depends on player and how skilful they are

    No other killer could. No other killer has an average chase time of under 15 seconds.


    Skill doesn't matter here on either side. Only Nurse can win that game, but she can't even do anything of she gets juked a couple of times.


    Hag is... difficult to say if she would get at least a 2k. Because a god Hag is as strong as a god Nurse, but on her setup time, 3-4 gens would be completed. She might not be able to come back from that.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2295910#Comment_2295910

    I personally pride myself on not tunneling. I'd rather lose than to hard tunnel someone, honestly.

    Rather lose playing nurse perfectly than win because of made-up restrictions, nothing wrong with that but i just don't think if you play perfectly you should lose.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2294968#Comment_2294968

    It is winnable, my average gen speeds are 3-4 minutes and I still beat those teams as a Plague main. It's just not very fun.

    You beat them as an A tier killer and by heavily slugging. So tell me. How would you win that if the survivors knew basic looping? Not necessarily good, but good enough to get chased for 30+ seconds. If that team is good, you won't win, even if you out skill them.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2295921#Comment_2295921

    Rather lose playing nurse perfectly than win because of made-up restrictions, nothing wrong with that but i just don't think if you play perfectly you should lose.

    I lost not from my own gameplay, but a combination of genrush and bad RNG.


    I make those restrictions because I still want the game to be fun for survivors. There's a reason I don't run Infectious Nurse. I want survivors to have fun and not depip. It's not fair to them.

  • @Olokun said:

    i think we call call it : close game .

    each side cant 100% 4K or 4 Escape . theres a luck part.

    consider you still won with 10 hooks wich says 2 hook on everyone . i would be happy to do it as nurse and last word , everyone do mistakes , i didnt see your game but maybe at the end you should have slugged if you did not have done it .

    Unfortunately, I never even had a chance to slug. They didn't group up. They just split up on gens. If I were to leave someone on the ground, 3 gens would be done by the time I found someone else to slug, and the first person would be picked up.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2295950#Comment_2295950

    I lost not from my own gameplay, but a combination of genrush and bad RNG.

    I make those restrictions because I still want the game to be fun for survivors. There's a reason I don't run Infectious Nurse. I want survivors to have fun and not depip. It's not fair to them.

    I don't think the match was fair to you either though. You didn't lose because of your gameplay, i absolutely understand and have been there. Setting that aside did you have fun in that match? If not then where do we draw the line on survivor fun vs killer fun, cause at the end of the match one side will feel bad that they didn't "win".

  • I'm cracking up at the OP saying they "won" ever Nurse match going on three years, lost once, and that's the problem here.

  • What is your YouTube account? I know you don't have this match on there, but I'm definitely interested in seeing your gameplay.

  • @CoalTower said:

    So I was going to post this after it happened, but I've been busy responding to others on here. So about half an hour ago, I was playing Nurse. I didn't miss a single blink. Not one(I'm proud of this 😂)

    But guess how many kills I got? Two. The match lasted maybe 5 minutes, and I got ten hooks in that time. I still only get two kills.

    So tell me. How is it fair that survivors doing gens quickly can nearly beat a Nurse playing perfectly? And it's not that I'm salty about not getting a 4k, I was just thinking:

    If they got two people out against a Nurse that was playing perfectly, then they would definitely get at least 3 out with any other killer.

    This needs fixing. It takes absolutely no skill to do this when it's the most powerful thing in the game.

    If every game is a 4K that mean only killer is having fun. Do you see why that would be an issue?

  • So you didn't 4k for the first time in 3 years? And the only reason being rng? if 2k and 2 escapes are the games goal then yes, something sounds like it needs to be changed here...

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/259697/this-is-a-problem

    If every game is a 4K that mean only killer is having fun. Do you see why that would be an issue?

    Fun is subjective and changes from person to person. Someone could think "man that nurse gave me some good chases its a shame i didn't escape but man it could have gone either way" that person would describe the match as fun despite not escaping. 4k doesn't mean only the killer is having fun.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2295272#Comment_2295272

    No other killer could. No other killer has an average chase time of under 15 seconds.

    Skill doesn't matter here on either side. Only Nurse can win that game, but she can't even do anything of she gets juked a couple of times.

    Hag is... difficult to say if she would get at least a 2k. Because a god Hag is as strong as a god Nurse, but on her setup time, 3-4 gens would be completed. She might not be able to come back from that.

    I disagree spirit hag and blight in my opinion could

1 2 ›