The reason behind the NOED change?
As you know, all levels of NOED now apply the exposed (insta-down) effect when active.
NOED needs a dull totem to light up in order for it to activate. So, it seems clear to me that the Dev's made this change to encourage survivors to cleanse more dull totems prior to the opening of the gates. They're looking to encourage more non-generator play.
I've noticed that I go out of my way to cleanse more dull totems when I play survivor now.
What do you think? A smart design choice?
Comments
I never really bother to cleanse totems unless I know that there is one. However, I don't think that it was a good design choice because everyone will be on the hunt for totems now. Hex perks will get destroyed in seconds.
I think you're right that more survivors will look for totems - but a survivor hunting for or cleansing a totem isn't fixing a generator.
So it seems like a change intended to slow down the pace of the game - much like how the devs said they were extending the healing time - only this explanation for why NOED was buffed wasn't stated. I just think that's why they did it.
Mabey at rank 20 but who cares.
that makes sense now means people can play bw for end game's to slow them down more
Who actually cares about buffs to lower tier perks?
The important balancing of perks is at tier 3. Anything below is just … meh…
Oh, some poor noobs have to use the tier 2 perk and it is worse… boohoohoo…
The grind is hard enough already, why should the important effect of the perk be only at tier 3?
They buffed SC to full speed at tier 1 and no one complained, but they did it to Noed and a bunch of survivor mains freak out.
rolleyes
Killers who think this will add to the game time are wrong. Players will knock out totems pretty fast since most are by a gen. It may add 20 seconds to the game, at most, but that is all. It just ensures that NOED will become the normal part of cleansing. I play killer more than survivor and I have noticed that NOED has not triggered in a higher percentage of my maps. I have not noticed any significant shift in Gen completion though. Still popping like mad.
The reason is probably cause the devs show time and time again that they want Perks to be very good at level 1 and only slightly better at level 2 & 3.
Look at Adrenaline, there are SO many things on that Perk that could be upgraded each level.
But nope, only a little bit better Exhaustion recovery.
No, that wasn't the actual logic for the change. I saw it mentioned in one of those Dev videos. They said that the main reason for using NOED was the exposed status. So they felt it made more sense for that to apply to all ranks. They made a comparison to another perk, but I forget which one. In essence, it would be like if Franklin's Demise didn't knock items out of survivors hands until rank 3. No one would ever use ranks 1 & 2 if that was the case.
Thanks for the explanation Dreamnomad.
Do you think more killers are running NOED now than before? Or does it seem to be about the same?
I have only played one game as a survivor since the patch and the killer didn't run it for that game. So with a sample size of 1 I can't say =p I anticipate that it will see more use now though, especially at the lower ranks.
bad design choice honestly. now theres a higher chance of garbage noed using killers pipping to high ranks. which is fine if you're a good survivor, but then its not fine. you ez a killer all game because they're trash then they just noed camp you. so this change encourage more use of noed camping. make gens take longer. implement something that would make the game last longer for experiences players as opposed to everyone (a script that would cause gens to take longer to complete for x person based on x amount of hours, great skillchecks, rank etc x player has.) all of these changes are driving old veterans away and are encouraging new people who sucked at the game when it was "too hard" to play. wanna know my encouragement for cleansing totems? when noed activates, when some noob can't do ruin. i don't want to rub skulls until they magically break unless i'm required to. i didn't buy this game to cleanse totems.
The change is for low rank/level killers. Has nothing to do with anything else. The perk was not really that great at all if you had rank 1. If you weren't doing it before you were either low rank or killers just weren't running it since the only time they ran it is if they had rank 3 which most higher ranks have rank 3.
Ok don't cry about the survivor changes then. You're just a bad survivor and need every help form the devs because of how terrible you are. No other reason.
It's a Quality of Life change that removes the Bloodweb grind to a degree. Perks levels should make a perk better, not useable.
I was going to answer in the same fashion. I don't think its hard to understand