Anyone else notice nemesis players are super campy?

And they tunnel everyone right off the hook? First day I thought it was due to it being a new killer, but now it’s how they all play. I’ve not seen one game in days where nemesis didn’t tunnel each player off the hook. Anyone else?

Comments

  • With Nemesis you kind of really have to get someone out as fast as possible. He has no pressure at all (even Pyramid Head has pressure, with his ability to end loops fast) so the faster someone's out, the higher chance he has of scoring a 2nd kill.

  • @Bluebird said:

    With Nemesis you kind of really have to get someone out as fast as possible. He has no pressure at all (even Pyramid Head has pressure, with his ability to end loops fast) so the faster someone's out, the higher chance he has of scoring a 2nd kill.

    This plus his basic perks kind of suck on their own and hes new so people may not have giod builds on him yet

  • He’s still getting 4K rounds (like most killers) so I don’t see a reason for the tunneling and toxic play style. Maybe he is bubba of 2021 lol.

  • @van9684 said:

    He’s still getting 4K rounds (like most killers) so I don’t see a reason for the tunneling and toxic play style. Maybe he is bubba of 2021 lol.

    He's getting 4k's because he camps/tunnels, then over-altruistic people go in for the saves.

  • @Bluebird said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290061#Comment_2290061

    He's getting 4k's because he camps/tunnels, then over-altruistic people go in for the saves.

    It’s funny how it’s always the survivors fault on here. Killer plays horrible, it’s survivors fault as they shouldn’t play the game lol. 🤦‍♂️

  • No more than any other killer.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290083#Comment_2290083

    It’s funny how it’s always the survivors fault on here. Killer plays horrible, it’s survivors fault as they shouldn’t play the game lol. 🤦‍♂️

    What? Every match I've played with Nemesis, unless they're a really good Nemesis, they have only gotten 1, maybe 2 kills, and they usually/almost always tunnel. You can't lie, Survivors generally are overly altruistic and always try to get everyone out (at least at my ranks).

  • Why Pig mains are tunnelling so hard? Because Pig is weak and most them needs to do that.

    Same reason with Nemesis. He is weak and people who are playing him will try tunnel and out you. Blame devs.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290083#Comment_2290083

    It’s funny how it’s always the survivors fault on here. Killer plays horrible, it’s survivors fault as they shouldn’t play the game lol. 🤦‍♂️

    I believe OP does have a point.

    When killers have to resort to tunneling / camping, it gives the developers skewed data to use for balancing.

    What the developers see is Nemesis getting 2 sacrifices, which is perfect in their eyes. On the other hand, what the player sees is having to tunnel / camp in order to make it dead even, which shouldn't be the case — killers shouldn't need to tunnel / camp to win. The key word is need, if the killer NEEDS to use those strategies, then something is wrong and they should be looked at.

    Therefore, in a way, by camping / tunneling to get the bare minimum 2K [Draw by community standards], you're making the data look like Nemesis is fine when really he isn't.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Why Pig mains are tunnelling so hard? Because Pig is weak and most them needs to do that.

    Same reason with Nemesis. He is weak and people who are playing him will try tunnel and out you. Blame devs.

    No they don’t. I just had a rank 4 pig that got 4K.

  • @van9684 said:

    And they tunnel everyone right off the hook? First day I thought it was due to it being a new killer, but now it’s how they all play. I’ve not seen one game in days where nemesis didn’t tunnel each player off the hook. Anyone else?

    Camping and tunneling off hook wins games, though. Nemesis isn't a high tier killer, his power has draw backs, and his zombie AI has been severely dumbed down. What are we supposed to? Not try to win?

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/259317/anyone-else-notice-nemesis-players-are-super-campy

    Camping and tunneling off hook wins games, though. Nemesis isn't a high tier killer, his power has draw backs, and his zombie AI has been severely dumbed down. What are we supposed to? Not try to win?

    Says who? He’s to new to know how to optimize him. He can hit over and through walls and pallets. I’m not seeing many lose and I’m not a new player so I’m not sure where you’re getting your ideas.

  • Before I was unable to play anymore due to the game freezing constantly on console, I played a few matches where every single time the Killer was Nemesis lol.

    And yes. My God, the camping/tunneling is horrible. One match the guy just did nothing but chase me the entire time. I didn't even touch a generator. He chased me through 2 gens, and downed/hooked me. I was rescued from the hook but he was staying real close and he started on me again through BT- then he downed me again, and I used Decisive. He continued to chase me until the doors were powered, then opened.

    I died, everyone else got out. I de-pipped because of course I did. Couldnt touch a genm couldn't rescue anyone. It was miserable LOL.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290167#Comment_2290167

    No they don’t. I just had a rank 4 pig that got 4K.

    Killers need to tunnel, generators are so fast. And most killers are weak. If you are not playing with top 5 (Nurse, Spirit, Blight, Hag, Freddy) you have to tunnel.

  • Yeah you have to camp and tunnel if you want to win the game as Nemi

  • The thing you'll notice with a lot of under-powered killers is that they tend to camp and tunnel a lot to make up for how weak they actually are.

    I mean the twins for example are nearly unplayable unless you camp/tunnel.

  • I noticed this as well, it is super unfun to play against considering my teammates don't give us time to do gens when people facecamp by just killing themself on hook

  • Considering the state that he's in, don’t blame them

  • @van9684 said:

    And they tunnel everyone right off the hook? First day I thought it was due to it being a new killer, but now it’s how they all play. I’ve not seen one game in days where nemesis didn’t tunnel each player off the hook. Anyone else?

    Maybe its because he's kinda broken on consoles to the point where things will freeze multiple times during the match. Nobody wants to deal with that so they'll secure the kills they can get instead of being screwed by survivors disappearing because of the freezes. I dont think pc's have the problem as much but consoles are just in a bad state atm.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290083#Comment_2290083

    It’s funny how it’s always the survivors fault on here. Killer plays horrible, it’s survivors fault as they shouldn’t play the game lol. 🤦‍♂️

    If a killer is camping, and you're trying to unhook a survivor, then yes you are playing incorrectly, though maybe not through fault of your own.

    Some of it is dumb survivors, some of it is that solo queue doesn't allow for too much to counter this gameplay.

    As a killer main, I think the answer is to make kindred baseline for survivors in solo queue. Being able to see killers camping would ensure that generators get completed to punish this action.

    As far as Nemesis tunneling, a big issue is the fault in his kit, it's easier to down a survivor already infected, and applying infections is a pain and slows him down, particularly early game when the whip kinda sucks. 4 vaccines means he needs to land 8 whips just to make his power damaging on all four survivors and chew through the vaccines.

    The other issue is that contamination does literally nothing to survivors except make them able to be damaged from the tentacle. This means most players don't bother vaccinating until the endgame and basically make it impossible for Nemesis to conduct any level of late game comeback, since he's back on infection duty.

  • Hey, look, it's the obligatory post complaining about how the new killer just camps and tunnels them, I was worried we wouldn't get one this chapter.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Hey, look, it's the obligatory post complaining about how the new killer just camps and tunnels them, I was worried we wouldn't get one this chapter.

    Tbh it's probably more true this time around because of how he freezes the game when he pulls out a tentacle.

    Makes it horribly difficult to use his power.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290279#Comment_2290279

    Tbh it's probably more true this time around because of how he freezes the game when he pulls out a tentacle.

    Makes it horribly difficult to use his power.

    Homestly, the only real gameplay difference I've noticed is the amount of Nemesis's with NOED, which is just sad for multiple reasons.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290285#Comment_2290285

    Homestly, the only real gameplay difference I've noticed is the amount of Nemesis's with NOED, which is just sad for multiple reasons.

    I've got PGTW, BBQ, Surge and Eruption currently.

    It's...difficult to try to use his power in meaningful ways. I basically have to guess where the Survivor will be when my screen freezes.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290285#Comment_2290285

    Homestly, the only real gameplay difference I've noticed is the amount of Nemesis's with NOED, which is just sad for multiple reasons.

    It's actually not a shocking development considering how bad his endgame is if people are smart and save vaccines until the end. He's never going to be able to land three hits on a survivor in a chase without both exit gates being powered. NOED solves that problem for him.

    Not saying I'm doing it. I was lucky as hell in Bloodweb and run BBQ and Chili, then either Undying/Ruin or PGTW/TT, and finally either STBFL or Sloppy Butcher (either machine gun first or mangled slowdown fist).

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290292#Comment_2290292

    I've got PGTW, BBQ, Surge and Eruption currently.

    It's...difficult to try to use his power in meaningful ways. I basically have to guess where the Survivor will be when my screen freezes.

    Omg I had the exact same problem with Legion and had no idea I was even doing that until I did the dx12 thing and it cleared up and the shock of not having freezes made me waste like 6 frenzies!

    This game is so ######### broken that the only potential fix to freezing on any platform is steams custom launch options, which doesn't even remotely help the majority of the playerbase. ######### this chapter and ######### that one zombie that made my game crash by hitting me.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290300#Comment_2290300

    Omg I had the exact same problem with Legion and had no idea I was even doing that until I did the dx12 thing and it cleared up and the shock of not having freezes made me waste like 6 frenzies!

    This game is so ######### broken that the only potential fix to freezing on any platform is steams custom launch options, which doesn't even remotely help the majority of the playerbase. ######### this chapter and ######### that one zombie that made my game crash by hitting me.

    As a reformed Legion main, that hurts me, since I still have to deal with that.

    It is so difficult to hit FF with sub 15 FPS and freezing

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290083#Comment_2290083

    It’s funny how it’s always the survivors fault on here. Killer plays horrible, it’s survivors fault as they shouldn’t play the game lol. 🤦‍♂️

    Nemesis is the easiest Killer in the game to loop atm. You get a free health state + speed if he tries to use his power.

    Also, going in for saves while the Killer is camping IS the survivors' fault. Do gens, get out faster. If you go in you are just rewarding the Killer.

  • IF ps4 dont blame them, the lag is really BAD so geting satly fast and need to get someoene out of the game so the gen don't pop pop.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290181#Comment_2290181

    Says who? He’s to new to know how to optimize him. He can hit over and through walls and pallets. I’m not seeing many lose and I’m not a new player so I’m not sure where you’re getting your ideas.

    I'm getting my ideas from actually playing him all week. Experience.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290180#Comment_2290180

    Killers need to tunnel, generators are so fast. And most killers are weak. If you are not playing with top 5 (Nurse, Spirit, Blight, Hag, Freddy) you have to tunnel.

    No sir. They’re camping and tunneling with 5 gens left. So what now? The excuses in this forum are next level.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290190#Comment_2290190

    No sir. They’re camping and tunneling with 5 gens left. So what now? The excuses in this forum are next level.

    Why should a killer ease up how they play whether there's 5 gens left or 1 left?

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290190#Comment_2290190

    No sir. They’re camping and tunneling with 5 gens left. So what now? The excuses in this forum are next level.

    How dare they do their objective in an efficient manner?

    Camping only works when the Survivors allow it be viable.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290181#Comment_2290181

    Says who? He’s to new to know how to optimize him. He can hit over and through walls and pallets. I’m not seeing many lose and I’m not a new player so I’m not sure where you’re getting your ideas.

    He cannot hit through walls, period.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    The thing you'll notice with a lot of under-powered killers is that they tend to camp and tunnel a lot to make up for how weak they actually are.

    I mean the twins for example are nearly unplayable unless you camp/tunnel.

    He’s getting 4K in all rounds I’ve seen 90% of time.

  • Well, 1. Do they have gen defense? If not, there's your answer. 2. Did you BM them? 2 is why I tunneled and camped a guy. I immediately don't care about the other side's fun if they BM me.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290190#Comment_2290190

    No sir. They’re camping and tunneling with 5 gens left. So what now? The excuses in this forum are next level.

    Maybe he was not wanted lose generators early?