What would you delete?

With various people saying that this map or that killer should be disabled and so forth, I decided to turn the frequent conversations into something that may be a little more fun. Imagine that you work at BHVR and you have one job: Deleting content that you don't like. You can't go crazy though, you are limited to this:

One map. ONE.

One chapter set of characters. What I mean by this is, say that you want to delete the Twins. Elodie therefore has to go too. Say you want to get rid of Steve Harrington (how could you?), that means that Nancy, the Demogorgon, and all skins go with him. We're not talking about any of the bugs that were introduced with any of the chapters, we're not talking about any previous versions that may have been better before a nerf. We're talking about the characters and the characters only, as they are right now (or were before any bugs that were introduced with this update). For those who were available individually (such as Ash) or those that came with the base game (such as Trapper) you have to choose a member of the base game from the other side to be deleted along with them. Example: If you hate Nea, you have to delete either Trapper, Wraith or Hillbilly as well.

One perk. ONE. Killer or survivor, doesn't matter.

One game mechanic / gameplay feature. This could be the need to build up multiple perk tiers, or the existence of the hatch, or keys, or generator speed, or the ability of killers to camp, etc. Remember, we're not talking about changing or substituting anything, we're talking about looking at a list of things that make this game what it is and being able to press a button to make those things no longer exist.


So there you have it. You must delete ONE map, ONE perk, ONE game mechanic, and ONE set of characters that either came together in a chapter, or, if the character you want to delete didn't come with anybody else, you have to choose a base game character from the other side to be deleted with them. What would you choose? Please, try not to argue. This isn't about survivors vs killers or fair versus unfair. Balance doesn't matter. People losing out on their favorite things doesn't matter. This is all just a hypothetical scenario.

Comments

  • Map: The Game.

    Chapter: Of Flesh And Mud.

    Perk: Killer - NOED/Survivor - Dead Hard.

    Game Mechanic: Keys.

  • Hawkins. Starstruck. Trickster. No Mither.

  • Wow, when I went to bed this morning there were zero responses and the thread was nearing the bottom of the front page. I wake up to like 60 responses. Thanks for everyone who's weighed in, especially those who stuck to the specific answer format that I was looking for.

    I'm surprised that Hag and pretty much everything about her chapter seems to be the most disliked set of elements. She and her chapter have come up more than anything else so far, I think. Then maybe Legion, Ghostface and Midwich. The answers about the gameplay mechanics have been especially interesting.

  • Hmm... I'd delete NOED and Cockslinger. Easy choice really.

  • Map: Any indoor map. Doesn't matter to me. They all suck.

    Chapter. Resident Evil. Shocker, I know. But in my opinion they really didn't do this chapter justice. We should have gotten a character from the modern RE games, a less annoying map, and a more interesting power for Neme.

    Killer: Wraith. He's so bloody annoying. (Hag is a very close second)

    Mechanic: Hatch. It's lazy and a complete dice-roll to see if the survivor escapes.

  • @QwQw said:

    Map: Any indoor map. Doesn't matter to me. They all suck.

    Chapter. Resident Evil. Shocker, I know. But in my opinion they really didn't do this chapter justice. We should have gotten a character from the modern RE games, a less annoying map, and a more interesting power for Neme.

    Killer: Wraith. He's so bloody annoying. (Hag is a very close second)

    Mechanic: Hatch. It's lazy and a complete dice-roll to see if the survivor escapes.

    Lol I'm so 50 percent in agreement on your choices. :)

  • I'm guessing you disagree that an indoor map should be removed, and you agree that Wraith should be removed?

  • Mechanic- the Killers ability to always see the exit gates.

    I dont understand why they can always see them, especially since majority of the time they are very close and can be monitored with ease.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290878#Comment_2290878

    I'm guessing you disagree that an indoor map should be removed, and you agree that Wraith should be removed?

    Someone's been reading my posts. :P

    It's alright, the point of this thread was to gather opinions. I'm not going to shoot anyone down here.

  • Hag lol because I really hate her

  • Map: Haddonfield

    Killer: Bubba (I wasn't sure who to pick until he ruined a solo Where Did They Go attempt, so bye bye #########)

    Survivor: Claudette (If I could just delete Blendettes I would, but I can't without taking all the other Claudettes with them)

    Perk: Dead Hard

    Mechanic: Having trouble deciding between prestige and keys. I was certain it would be keys until I started trying to prestige Nemesis and realized how much it was going to suck about 3/4 of the way through P1. I am praying that we get some sort of major compensation for all the issues with the RE chapter (like 500k BP or something like that).

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/259247/what-would-you-delete

    Saloon map. It’s horrible for survivors and I’ve never liked the looks.

    killer would be doctor or ghost face. Both are annoying and broken. Maybe bubba.

    perks I’d delete bbq or the new nemesis perk where he sees everyone. Survivor I’d delete slippery meat or lightweight because they’re useless.

    Doctor? Annoying yes, broken absolutely not. Hese one of the most balanced and least buggy killers not considering two or three addons

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Map: Haddonfield. Boring for both sides.

    Chapter: Of Flesh and Mud. Bye bye Hag, Swamp and Ace. Don't like either of those 3.

    Perk: Dead Hard. It's a single player mechanic that the devs somehow thought it was good for the game.

    Mechanic: Hatch obviously. To prevent the last survivor of holding the game hostage, his aura should be shown to the killer for 10 seconds after the last survivor dies. In compensation, the gates automatically open after 30 seconds.

    NOT MY ACE. NOT MY ACE. #saveace

  • Map: Midwich

    Chapter: Chains of Hate (I hate you deathslinger)

    Perk: Hex: No One Escapes Death

    Mechanic: Nurse's blink recharge

  • Perk: Iron will

    Character: Bill

  • Delete one map? Tough one, I'm torn between Dead Dawg or Haddonfield because by golly do I despise those maps with a fiery passion. I wish I could delete an entire realm before then I'd do everyone a favor and just remove Corn entirely. ######### corn.


    One chapter? Nightmare on Elmstreet. Quentin I love you but I will gladly give you up if it means I don't have to see post rework Freddy anymore. I'd happily retract that if I got Old Freddy back and then I'd switch to Shattered Bloodline (Spirit/Adam).


    One perk? Dead Hard. No explanation needed.


    One game mechanic? Keys. Also does not need an explanation.

  • Map: Hawkins Laboratory

    Perk: Self Care

    Chapter: All Kill

    Game Mechanic: SWF

    Why? I hate Hawkins. That maps sucks from both sides. Just cannot play the damn thing no matter how much I try on either side.

    The number of times I've been sitting on a hook, or laying on the ground, watching that one jackass who hasn't done anything all match self-care on top of the hatch... no. Get that stupid Perk out of the game. We have medkits.

    All Kill. I like the character concept, but it's too generic. You could put the background story for Trickster on anyone and it works. You can feel the cash grab nature of the whole Chapter trying to feed off the KPOP fans.

    SWF. It ruins the game for solo queue and makes it impossible to balance properly. You cannot balance a game that gives people using voice chat such a huge adavantage over the solo queue'ers. Anytime you nerf to balance for SWF, Solo queue suffers 100x worse. I understand people want to play with their friends, and I think that's fine, but the abuse with voice comms makes it ridiculous. To me it's cheating, even if the devs don't see it that way. Using a 3rd party tool to gain an unfair advantage is against the rules. Unenforceable for sure, but still a cheat.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    With various people saying that this map or that killer should be disabled and so forth, I decided to turn the frequent conversations into something that may be a little more fun. Imagine that you work at BHVR and you have one job: Deleting content that you don't like. You can't go crazy though, you are limited to this:

    One map. ONE.

    One chapter set of characters. What I mean by this is, say that you want to delete the Twins. Elodie therefore has to go too. Say you want to get rid of Steve Harrington (how could you?), that means that Nancy, the Demogorgon, and all skins go with him. We're not talking about any of the bugs that were introduced with any of the chapters, we're not talking about any previous versions that may have been better before a nerf. We're talking about the characters and the characters only, as they are right now (or were before any bugs that were introduced with this update). For those who were available individually (such as Ash) or those that came with the base game (such as Trapper) you have to choose a member of the base game from the other side to be deleted along with them. Example: If you hate Nea, you have to delete either Trapper, Wraith or Hillbilly as well.

    One perk. ONE. Killer or survivor, doesn't matter.

    One game mechanic / gameplay feature. This could be the need to build up multiple perk tiers, or the existence of the hatch, or keys, or generator speed, or the ability of killers to camp, etc. Remember, we're not talking about changing or substituting anything, we're talking about looking at a list of things that make this game what it is and being able to press a button to make those things no longer exist.

    So there you have it. You must delete ONE map, ONE perk, ONE game mechanic, and ONE set of characters that either came together in a chapter, or, if the character you want to delete didn't come with anybody else, you have to choose a base game character from the other side to be deleted with them. What would you choose? Please, try not to argue. This isn't about survivors vs killers or fair versus unfair. Balance doesn't matter. People losing out on their favorite things doesn't matter. This is all just a hypothetical scenario.

    Possibly delete:

    The Swamp, Spine Chill, Bloodlust, Curtain Call chapter because of Clown.. sadly I guess this means I would lose Kate though.. I’d say Demise of the Faithful in order to erase The Plague but Infectious Fright came with that chapter and I couldn’t risk losing it lol.

  • This comment has been deleted

  • My previous comment

  • Map- Haddonfield

    Killer- Ghostface

    perk- dead hard

    mechanic- keys

  • Before I state my list, I am generally of the opinion that nothing should be outright deleted, rather reworked into something that works for the game in a healthy way. However, the point of the thread is not that, so without further delay...


    Map: RPD

    It's simply miserable for both sides. It's also the largest map in the game. A single floor is already the diameter of Red Forest, which was previously the largest map in the game, and it has a second floor. That is just nuts. Players have been stating for a long time that smaller maps are healthier for the game, and this is what we got. The complete opposite. Also, it's an indoor map, so it automatically invalidates a ludicrous amount of Killer powers and game mechanics simply because you can't see more than 20 feet in front of you. Into the trash it goes.

    Chapter: Of Flesh and Mud

    I do not mind Ace, but this chapter has to go. I don't want to see Ruin go, though maybe if it did, the devs would address the fact that the game is balanced around the Killer bringing slowdown. KINDA means that slowdown should be built in and slowdown methods should be modified to work with the changes. Instead, we get perks to pick and choose what aspects of the game we want to fix. Anyways, the real reason for this is simple: Hag. Plainly stated, she's incredibly strong, but her power is incredibly simple. This makes it a bit hard to rebalance her to where she's strong but feels more fair to play against. Any changes in either direction either make her too strong or too weak. I'm sure it CAN be done, but I can see basically all other Chapters being easier to figure out than her.

    Perk: NoED

    I DO think this can be reworked into something better. However, if deletion was required, this would be the top of my list. It honestly feels like the devs giving a bad Killer a pat on the back, saying "you suck, here's a gun". It doesn't reward good players, it rewards bad players. I'm not going to argue that it has counterplay, because it absolutely does. I know it does. I personally don't have a big problem with it when I play. However, I've seen what it can do to a trash Killer that relies on it at the end game to make a play and look like they are worth a damn. Other games, other PARTY games, have similar mechanics that are equally hated, and for good reason.

    Mechanic: Keys

    I honestly believe they can be reworked to be better, but similar to NoED, this would be the top of my list. When Moris were a means to end a game early, I hated them. I don't think either side should be robbed of their chance to make late game plays. Moris did that, keys still do that. The Killer puts in the work to have a mid to late game advantage just for the game to suddenly end because of a garbage free-win mechanic. Hatch is fine, I totally get hatch. Keys are not fine.

  • I would delete Hawkins. Its way too killer sided and not fair.

  • Map: Midwitch

    Killer: Hag

    Perk: self care

1 2 ›