When will Raccoon City Police Station return? What problems were people having with it, anyway?

This was easily the coolest map in the entire game. I got in two or three games Tuesday morning with it, and I was amazed. Easily the best part of the new DLC (and I personally like Nemesis, even though some didn't care for him), and, while the 300k BP was nice, that got spent pretty quick, and I can't wait to play the map again. I figured it would be a day or two at most.

What problems were people having with it in the first place? I play on Stadia and never had a problem, so I assume it must have been a PC or console issue.

Comments

  • They said there were reports of crashes after loading into a match.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    They said there were reports of crashes after loading into a match.

    Yeah, it does say that at the top of the screen there. I just wondered if anyone here had personal experience.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2287276#Comment_2287276

    Yeah, it does say that at the top of the screen there. I just wondered if anyone here had personal experience.

    I was working at the time they released it so I couldn't play on the new map.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2287280#Comment_2287280

    I was working at the time they released it so I couldn't play on the new map.

    Too bad. It seems like it was only up for a few hours, but it was great. Something to look forward to. I only got to play on it three or so times, myself, but it's the best map DBD has ever released. They really outdid themselves with that one, IMO.

  • Because of my luck, I managed to play a game on it ONCE and it didn't crash.

  • I played it a few times in the live version and didn't crash, but had a brightness bug that made it very dark and difficult to see so I'd rather they fix that before enabling the map again. The brightness bug wasn't on the PTB btw

  • It wasn’t the best competitively (in terms of gameplay), but yes, it was by far the best map in the game aesthetically.

  • I played it until they took it down and it never crashed on me, not once. Hopefully it will be back soon.

  • @spodamayn said:

    I played it a few times in the live version and didn't crash, but had a brightness bug that made it very dark and difficult to see so I'd rather they fix that before enabling the map again. The brightness bug wasn't on the PTB btw

    Hm. I don't recall not being able to see. I assume you were playing on PC?

    @TheGorgon said:

    It wasn’t the best competitively (in terms of gameplay), but yes, it was by far the best map in the game aesthetically.

    Yeah, that's what I meant.

    It's sort of hard to quantify what the best map is gameplay-wise. As a killer, I love Gideon and hate Coldwind. I didn't play enough of Raccoon to get a decent opinion, but it seemed fairly balanced. Most indoor maps seem killer-sided, but I played twice as a survivor (and once as a killer, I think), and there seemed to be plenty of places hide and things to vault over.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    This was easily the coolest map in the entire game. I got in two or three games Tuesday morning with it, and I was amazed. Easily the best part of the new DLC (and I personally like Nemesis, even though some didn't care for him), and, while the 300k BP was nice, that got spent pretty quick, and I can't wait to play the map again. I figured it would be a day or two at most.

    What problems were people having with it in the first place? I play on Stadia and never had a problem, so I assume it must have been a PC or console issue.

    Console player got disconnect in that map. But this happen in all the map its the entire update the problem just not the map

  • I was fatally lagged in the ptb when I tried that map, I did not manage to test it when the chapter came out, perhaps due to the excessive use of people testing it or the map was being worked on since then. I'm still waiting to try it.

  • From what ive seen, the map is too bloody dark

  • I played twice and crashed both times.

    @Shdw_Void played once and two people crashed.

    It was bad.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    This was easily the coolest map in the entire game. I got in two or three games Tuesday morning with it, and I was amazed. Easily the best part of the new DLC (and I personally like Nemesis, even though some didn't care for him), and, while the 300k BP was nice, that got spent pretty quick, and I can't wait to play the map again. I figured it would be a day or two at most.

    What problems were people having with it in the first place? I play on Stadia and never had a problem, so I assume it must have been a PC or console issue.

    i got to play on it literally once and had no issues, but that's just me. It was really good too! i loved it!

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2287295#Comment_2287295

    Hm. I don't recall not being able to see. I assume you were playing on PC?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2287315#Comment_2287315

    Yeah, that's what I meant.

    It's sort of hard to quantify what the best map is gameplay-wise. As a killer, I love Gideon and hate Coldwind. I didn't play enough of Raccoon to get a decent opinion, but it seemed fairly balanced. Most indoor maps seem killer-sided, but I played twice as a survivor (and once as a killer, I think), and there seemed to be plenty of places hide and things to vault over.

    Yeah I'm on PC. I heard that it might be a bug if you have it on low settings but it got disabled so fast that I didn't get to test it at that point. There was a similar issue when Dead Dawg Saloon first came out on the PTB where it was really dark for some people and nearly unplayable. Anyway, that bug needs to be fixed before it's reenabled because it's a very difficult map to play when you can't see where you're going

  • Massive framedrops and constant freezing. Crashed once on it. Like, this update's very bad for consoles, but RPD is unplayable for consoles.

  • crashes, forced DC after completing a gen to 70%, frame rate issues on console.