Poll: Do you think the developers play their own game?
in Polls
Based off this latest update, do you think the majority of the dev team plays Dead By Daylight when not just testing things?
Comments
I think the devs are very aware of the issues. The management is the problem, because they are pushing them to commit to tight deadlines and then they have to do various shortcuts...
I agree, although, that was not the question.
I voted the wrong option. I meant to vote Maybe a bit of both, since some devs do play this game occasionally.
I want them to have a separate team to play the game and tell them about it.
If they played they would correct the hitbox errors for example but let them ignore.
I think they do play, but mostly at low ranks.
i dont think so, i KNOW they do.
you can go and watch some of them do it over at Twitch aswell. Almo, McLean, Not_Queen or Peanits to name a few.
and even if some dont, i cant really blame them considering they work with it every day, so its understandable when they dont want to spend their free time with it aswell.
Oh yeah i remember watching almo play the game... yikes...
I know Mclean plays a lot.
Almo plays a bit.
Probably others but those two are the only ones that stream it with a fair amount of consistency.
For testing sure, but I can't imagine all of them are playing for fun. Like a pizza cook not eating pizza often since they make it for a living.
But I think they mostly play survivor
I think they spend to much time playing the cell phone and switch versons.
If they played the Switch version, we'd have console optimization a year ago.
I mean McLean has been playing this game for a long while, but I believe that there are some devs that are not familiarized with the game well enough.
I know a bunch do because they stream playing DBD. They're all PC players.
I don't think they play it on console at all. I think for testing they just see if the game loads on console but don't actually play it.
Could you put links to their streams here? I would like to check them.
I know some do they stream it, but for the most part i'd say at a low level and not often if ever.
Isn't there one dev that streams on twitch? I don't remember her name...
Remember the Korean gameplay where Cote played Old Hag against Instant flashlights and what happened later. Or Almo and the Lullaby change. That tells everything.
YEAH That was peak BHVR. I'm still proud to say I got adept before that Hag rework.
Also as embarrassing as these moments may be, they are necessary and the devs need to try their own game more, you don't get better by never trying something, yknow.
I am sure they do, and have. But if we get bored with the game, can you imagine after working on it all day, how bored they must be after 5 years.
Never saw dev playing as Survivor, maybe McLean a bit but never ever others.