Get rid of DC Penalty till you fix your game

The amount of crashes is getting dumb. Theres no reason to have a system in place to punish players for the instability of the game. I was really looking forward to this chapter. So disappointed by the lack of effort taken to make sure that its actually working. For them to not at least address this is a pretty big disservice to the playerbase

Comments

  • 100% agree.

    And before people say: people will just DC every round... like that stopped them before anyway lol.

  • If the game is crashing so often, just wait until it's fixed. I wouldn't try to play a game that constantly crashes because I'd literally be wasting my time.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    100% agree.

    And before people say: people will just DC every round... like that stopped them before anyway lol.

    Removing the penalty isn't going to help with the crashing, though. The game will continue to crash at the same rate and you will have the same problem. The only people it'll benefit are the ones who DC at the drop of a hat.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281618#Comment_2281618

    Removing the penalty isn't going to help with the crashing, though. The game will continue to crash at the same rate and you will have the same problem. The only people it'll benefit are the ones who DC at the drop of a hat.

    Its salt on the wound that their dc penalty system punishes the players for their game crashing by timing them out. That is the issue not the crash itself. DBD goes through periods of it crashing randomly but the dc timer after is just BS

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281618#Comment_2281618

    Removing the penalty isn't going to help with the crashing, though. The game will continue to crash at the same rate and you will have the same problem. The only people it'll benefit are the ones who DC at the drop of a hat.

    i think it will so you dont get banned for a week because of that. other than that yeah i dont think people should play at all rn.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281633#Comment_2281633

    Its salt on the wound that their dc penalty system punishes the players for their game crashing by timing them out. That is the issue not the crash itself. DBD goes through periods of it crashing randomly but the dc timer after is just BS

    Why are you even trying to play the game if you know it's going to crash? That doesn't seem logical.

    @Miles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281633#Comment_2281633

    i think it will so you dont get banned for a week because of that. other than that yeah i dont think people should play at all rn.

    That still doesn't help with the crashing. The crashes will continue at the same rate, which is apparently so high that it renders the game unplayable.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281618#Comment_2281618

    Removing the penalty isn't going to help with the crashing, though. The game will continue to crash at the same rate and you will have the same problem. The only people it'll benefit are the ones who DC at the drop of a hat.

    Of course it's not going to help to avoid the crash. But it will not give you the penalty anymore if you crash. Each DC in short time will give you more penalty time, so some players are already at a 1 hour ban for just playing the game until it crashes... That's totally not okay, since it's outside the players their fault.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281647#Comment_2281647

    Why are you even trying to play the game if you know it's going to crash? That doesn't seem logical.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281653#Comment_2281653

    That still doesn't help with the crashing. The crashes will continue at the same rate, which is apparently so high that it renders the game unplayable.

    Why even play the game you ask?

    If someone likes the game or has nothing else to play/wants to play, you can't let people not play it tbh. It's the devs their fault people crash, not the people who play the game.

  • Yea no thanks, hard pass.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281658#Comment_2281658

    Why even play the game you ask?

    If someone likes the game or has nothing else to play/wants to play, you can't let people not play it tbh. It's the devs their fault people crash, not the people who play the game.

    That's the thing: if it's crashing, you're not playing.

  • And if it wasn't crashing to begin with, you're playing.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    The amount of crashes is getting dumb. Theres no reason to have a system in place to punish players for the instability of the game. I was really looking forward to this chapter. So disappointed by the lack of effort taken to make sure that its actually working. For them to not at least address this is a pretty big disservice to the playerbase

    I agree with this. think positive- when you have time ban bc of the crashes... you can't be banned during an active time penalty...because you can't play while the time ban is active... you can care about your health while you wait .. e.g. eating, drinking, cooking, cleaning a room, watching a movie, reading a book, playing guitar, make some sports (sitting for too long is not good - so it is a good possibility to use the time ban) , taking a shower (when you reach 30 minutes- think it would be refreshing) , etc... but I really feel you.. as I just wanted to do a rift quest some weeks ago, game crashed the whole night and it was really frustrating- but I didn't have time on the following days for this... so I tried to use the waiting times while being time-banned in a positive way^^.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    And if it wasn't crashing to begin with, you're playing.

    And removing the DC penalty won't make it crash less, so if you're crashing so often that you can't play, then the DC penalty is irrelevant to your situation. Removing it will only benefit people who like to DC at the drop of a hat.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282165#Comment_2282165

    And removing the DC penalty won't make it crash less, so if you're crashing so often that you can't play, then the DC penalty is irrelevant to your situation. Removing it will only benefit people who like to DC at the drop of a hat.

    People will still DC or suicide on hook regardless. So why punish honest people, who wanted to play the round anyway.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282154#Comment_2282154

    That's the thing: if it's crashing, you're not playing.

    The issue is more the accumulative ban time when the crash does eventually happen.


    I played with a friend on PS4 on Tuesday for about 3 hours. It crashed 3 times, so it didn’t ruin much however they ended up with a 30 minute ban so we stopped.

    Then I played with them yesterday and in 6 games it crashed twice which lead to a one hour ban then when we played later on after a break the next crash (after about 8 games) gave them a 6 hour ban.


    So yes they can still play when it doesn’t crash but when we next play it will eventually crash at some point and they’ll end up with a 24 hour ban, then a 72 hour ban etc which means they can’t play.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282181#Comment_2282181

    People will still DC or suicide on hook regardless. So why punish honest people, who wanted to play the round anyway.

    Why make it easier for those who want to abuse the lack of DC penalty?

    If you wanted to play the round, you wouldn't do so while you know the game is crashing. That doesn't make sense, because the crashes keep you from playing the round.

    @CaenumPlays_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282161#Comment_2282161

    The issue is more the accumulative ban time when the crash does eventually happen.

    I played with a friend on PS4 on Tuesday for about 3 hours. It crashed 3 times, so it didn’t ruin much however they ended up with a 30 minute ban so we stopped.

    Then I played with them yesterday and in 6 games it crashed twice which lead to a one hour ban then when we played later on after a break the next crash (after about 8 games) gave them a 6 hour ban.

    So yes they can still play when it doesn’t crash but when we next play it will eventually crash at some point and they’ll end up with a 24 hour ban, then a 72 hour ban etc which means they can’t play.

    So the game has a 1/3 chance of crashing for you, with ever-increasing penalties, and you still try to play it? Why?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282154#Comment_2282154

    That's the thing: if it's crashing, you're not playing.

    I think what they saying is it would help them getting to play a little with out getting the penalty till this fixed I mean what you want everyone to just stop playing the game yea that fix the crashes too 🙄

    I mean this game like a drug to some people and want to play.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282184#Comment_2282184

    Why make it easier for those who want to abuse the lack of DC penalty?

    If you wanted to play the round, you wouldn't do so while you know the game is crashing. That doesn't make sense, because the crashes keep you from playing the round.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282187#Comment_2282187

    So the game has a 1/3 chance of crashing for you, with ever-increasing penalties, and you still try to play it? Why?

    It’s not myself, i’m on PS5 and have had no issues.

    But yes, why would my friend who paid for this game and the brand new DLC want to play it and want the dc penalties they are receiving due to the game causing it to be temporarily removed?

  • I don’t understand why people are saying to just not play the game. I played all day long on Tuesday, and crashed 4 times in total. Once yesterday, and once today. Getting a few crashed games over several hours isn’t a reason to avoid it altogether. I have been worried about playing because I got a 15 minute ban after my last crash. It’s more unreasonable to suggest not playing the game than it is to just turn off the penalties.

  • Removing a penalty is another coding to do and i don't think they will focus on something like this for a short amount of time.

    But if it will take them a week or so to solve screen freeze and crashes, they need to consider taking that penalty off.

  • @Anniehere said:

    Removing a penalty is another coding to do and i don't think they will focus on something like this for a short amount of time.

    But if it will take them a week or so to solve screen freeze and crashes, they need to consider taking that penalty off.

    It’s not hard for them to do. A while back some fog whisperers were getting their accounts hacked and large dc penalties applied by the hackers and the devs shut the penalties off after a few hours until they fixed it.


    Also fixing this will require a patch which i’m pretty certain won’t be coming next Tuesday, it will be the 29th at the earliest.

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    100% agree.

    And before people say: people will just DC every round... like that stopped them before anyway lol.

    Removing the penalty isn't going to help at all

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281658#Comment_2281658

    Why even play the game you ask?

    If someone likes the game or has nothing else to play/wants to play, you can't let people not play it tbh. It's the devs their fault people crash, not the people who play the game.

    Ehm yes of course they can stop you from playing. It is their product and since online gaming as a service became a thing, the user agreement included a paragraph saying that the customer is agreeing that the product is only rented and the right of usage can be reworked at any time. Be it because of cheating, other forms of breaking the terms of service and in this case the developer/publisher/owner deeming that disconnecting from the game is unsportsmanlike to the other players.

    No one would like to play a Teamsport with a person that is known to have a hindering injury that can act up once in a while leaving the team at a disadvantage.

    And nobody is forcing those crashing people to keep trying to play. These crashes are comparable with ongoing blackouts, you know they are happening but still try again and again against better knowledge.

  • apparently they're off now

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282161#Comment_2282161

    I think what they saying is it would help them getting to play a little with out getting the penalty till this fixed I mean what you want everyone to just stop playing the game yea that fix the crashes too 🙄

    I mean this game like a drug to some people and want to play.

    Yes they play a little and once they "inevitably" crashes they still screw 4 other maybe not crashing people. They simply don't want to wait to try again and possibly repeat the process. It won't help them but make it worse for everybody else. But hey go ahead i am curious if at some point any trial will even finish.

  • @bsloth87 said:

    I don’t understand why people are saying to just not play the game. I played all day long on Tuesday, and crashed 4 times in total. Once yesterday, and once today. Getting a few crashed games over several hours isn’t a reason to avoid it altogether. I have been worried about playing because I got a 15 minute ban after my last crash. It’s more unreasonable to suggest not playing the game than it is to just turn off the penalties.

    Oh pls make it a thunderstorm instead of a bugged system. Everytime the lightning strikes, it might damage your hardware. Would you still try to play again and again or would you switch of your system and unplug it?

    It an extreme metaphor but all in all the same only that the penalty is not by nature and not permanent so people don't like that it's there at all and ignore most reasons for it since it doesn't protect but punish them at right this moment.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    apparently they're off now

    you sure?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282184#Comment_2282184

    Why make it easier for those who want to abuse the lack of DC penalty?

    If you wanted to play the round, you wouldn't do so while you know the game is crashing. That doesn't make sense, because the crashes keep you from playing the round.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282187#Comment_2282187

    So the game has a 1/3 chance of crashing for you, with ever-increasing penalties, and you still try to play it? Why?

    If it crashes and theres no penalty i will hop back on if i want to keep playing. I cant do that if theres a penalty. You can not play. Crashing wont diswade me unless theres a crash every game. The issue is the concept of punishing the players not the crash.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282201#Comment_2282201

    If it crashes and theres no penalty i will hop back on if i want to keep playing. I cant do that if theres a penalty. You can not play. Crashing wont diswade me unless theres a crash every game. The issue is the concept of punishing the players not the crash.

    Well, the penalty is gone, so go ahead and play to your heart's content. I'll wait until it's fixed and the penalty enabled, so I can actually play without my teammates DCing because the killer did basically anything.

    PS: Yes, killers DC too, but nowhere near as much, in my experience.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282562#Comment_2282562

    Well, the penalty is gone, so go ahead and play to your heart's content. I'll wait until it's fixed and the penalty enabled, so I can actually play without my teammates DCing because the killer did basically anything.

    PS: Yes, killers DC too, but nowhere near as much, in my experience.

    I totally agree. But lots of times someone is just dct because the game crashed. would say 50/50 of dc by user and dc by crash or sth similar.

  • @Nehalennya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282577#Comment_2282577

    I totally agree. But lots of times someone is just dct because the game crashed. would say 50/50 of dc by user and dc by crash or sth similar.

    I guarantee you that most DCs are intentional, with the DC penalty preventing an even bigger number of DCs.

    How do I know the penalty works well? Besides the fact that there's a noticeable drop in DCs when the penalty is up, it's because people who DC regularly come to the forum to try to convince everyone that the penalty doesn't do anything and therefore the devs should remove it. They wouldn't bother if it was actually irrelevant.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282894#Comment_2282894

    I guarantee you that most DCs are intentional, with the DC penalty preventing an even bigger number of DCs.

    How do I know the penalty works well? Besides the fact that there's a noticeable drop in DCs when the penalty is up, it's because people who DC regularly come to the forum to try to convince everyone that the penalty doesn't do anything and therefore the devs should remove it. They wouldn't bother if it was actually irrelevant.

    This was never meant to be a discussion about whether or not the dc penalty is needed or not as a whole. I love the dc penalty and avocated for them to implement it but i think timing out players because your game is broken is bs. I never once said that it should be removed completely. You can put down your pitchfork

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282903#Comment_2282903

    This was never meant to be a discussion about whether or not the dc penalty is needed or not as a whole. I love the dc penalty and avocated for them to implement it but i think timing out players because your game is broken is bs. I never once said that it should be removed completely. You can put down your pitchfork

    I apologize for going a bit off-topic. However:

    1. The penalty has already been disabled, so this thread has been "concluded", so to speak
    2. My reply was not directed at you, it was for @Nehalennya
  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282931#Comment_2282931

    I apologize for going a bit off-topic. However:

    1. The penalty has already been disabled, so this thread has been "concluded", so to speak
    2. My reply was not directed at you, it was for @Nehalennya

    Its cool. I just wanted to clarify my position lol gl hf out there

  • I think DC penalty should be 5 to 10 minutes but not longer, the fact that it can go into hours is just ridiculous because depip is not significant enough as a punishment I guess.


    I just avoid playing the game altogether and playing something else until BEhaviour improves it

  • @Spencerjnlouis said:

    I think DC penalty should be 5 to 10 minutes but not longer, the fact that it can go into hours is just ridiculous because depip is not significant enough as a punishment I guess.

    I just avoid playing the game altogether and playing something else until BEhaviour improves it

    No i think Habitual Dcers need to be punished, but the system needs to be able to tell the difference between a crash and a dc.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282184#Comment_2282184

    Why make it easier for those who want to abuse the lack of DC penalty?

    If you wanted to play the round, you wouldn't do so while you know the game is crashing. That doesn't make sense, because the crashes keep you from playing the round.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282187#Comment_2282187

    So the game has a 1/3 chance of crashing for you, with ever-increasing penalties, and you still try to play it? Why?

    I think its pretty fair to want to play the product they spent money on, especially after a new chapter came out and who wouldn't want to play the DLC they just paid for. I don't know if they did buy the dlc but that's not really the point. If a game is having a problem that's crashing because of a thing the devs did why should the players be punished for it, they are already getting dc'd from a game that might have been going well and they were having fun, sure it sucks for the people still in the game but its not the person who's game crashed unexpectantly because bhvr cant make a stable game.

    Its also not like they know with 100% certainty it will continue to crash, they didn't specify a specific scenario that caused a crash nor does it seem to be a problem on their end so again why should they be punished for wanting to play the game