I'm just trying to chill as ghostface and farm a stupid amount of BP to get the build I want on nemesis. (Already 1m bp dry on any good perks.) I'm literally only running BBQ, y u no farm?
I'm just trying to chill as ghostface and farm a stupid amount of BP to get the build I want on nemesis. (Already 1m bp dry on any good perks.) I'm literally only running BBQ, y u no farm?
I often ask the same thing - and about Killers as well. Especially when I see them play a Party Streamer. Why on earth would you NOT try and farm points when one or more party streamers are in effect?
Blimey, a lot of hatred toward farming. I'd always farm if a killer starts acting funny. I don't really care for needing bloodpoints, but I'll always take the opportunity to run around being silly. We've met a Doctor that played duck-duck-goose with us via spinning in a circle and shocking, started a store by collecting all the items on the map onto the bar in the saloon of the western map and "selling" them back to the killer, played a surviour rendition of duck hunt with a huntress at the carnival on asylum, and quite a few other very memorable fun moments outside of the DBD norm. Though I'll usually always kill myself at the end, whether by EGC or demanding hook, to try to avoid pipping.
You just need to run into the right survivours, mate. Contrary to most of the replies here, some don't mind farming.
These are frankly, the best matches in my mind. I would much rather be silly, run around, get a lot of points, than go through a sweaty, toxic match that last 5 minutes or less.
I'm just trying to chill as ghostface and farm a stupid amount of BP to get the build I want on nemesis. (Already 1m bp dry on any good perks.) I'm literally only running BBQ, y u no farm?
Because that's boring as hell and I want actual matches. I'm not queing up to 'farm BP' with the killer. I'm queing up cause I want to play the game. Also, I don't trust you (the killer) to not turn around at the end and slap me.
I don't like friendly killers, it's boring. I start DBD to PLAY, I don't care about BP. I just do gens as quick as possible and leave. A friendly killer = wasted time.
Okay, having read this, I've come to the conclusion that survivors just want a sweatmaster-5000 to play against instead of someone trying to be chill and have fun. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Everyone has their own way of having fun.
And don't get me wrong here I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the problem with farming is that they do it a lot.
Meaning they get into ranks they are not ready for.
For example say you play at lets say rank 13, you managed to find many people who want to farm (which there are) and you keep ranking up.
Then all of a sudden you get people who don't want to farm and you decide to play normal then.
You get little amount of hooks, stunned and looped a lot.
Now if that happens to me (which happened more than I like), I don't have fun because you're not a challenge for me.
I love the trill of the possibility to get downed, and if I know tiles well and you don't know how to counter it well, then it's gonna be a difficult match for you and pretty boring for me.
And I'm very sure that it's not fun for you too.
That is the biggest problem I have with farming.
Cause as killer I don't want to bulldoze over the survivors and as survivor I don't want to run around the map without having to worry about going down.
I often ask the same thing - and about Killers as well. Especially when I see them play a Party Streamer. Why on earth would you NOT try and farm points when one or more party streamers are in effect?
Very simple.
I use every type of offering for bp that I have.
If i use partystreamers doesn't mean I want to farm, I just want a few extra bp and a fun match instead of boringly trying to get the max BP possible.
It's not something I play the game for, if I want to really farm I'll play some farming simulator.
And don't get me wrong here I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the problem with farming is that they do it a lot.
Meaning they get into ranks they are not ready for.
For example say you play at lets say rank 13, you managed to find many people who want to farm (which there are) and you keep ranking up.
Then all of a sudden you get people who don't want to farm and you decide to play normal then.
You get little amount of hooks, stunned and looped a lot.
Now if that happens to me (which happened more than I like), I don't have fun because you're not a challenge for me.
I love the trill of the possibility to get downed, and if I know tiles well and you don't know how to counter it well, then it's gonna be a difficult match for you and pretty boring for me.
And I'm very sure that it's not fun for you too.
That is the biggest problem I have with farming.
Cause as killer I don't want to bulldoze over the survivors and as survivor I don't want to run around the map without having to worry about going down.
Unfortunately I don't have much choice right now. Ranks have been seemingly frozen the last 2 days so I'm always against baby survivors. And if the choice is between bullying new survivors and farming, I'd rather farm.
You're taking what everyone is saying and completely hyperboling it and blowing it out of proportion just because you're not getting the answer you want but you know what...
Yeah, if my options are to waste 20 minutes of my life with boring farming gameplay or play 10 minutes against a sweatlord tryhard killer doing all they can to win, I'd 1000% take the sweatlord tryhard over farming
There, now you have someone agreeing with you.
Not sure what killers you are farming with but it takes maybe 9 minutes total for me to farm with survivors. Its not that hard to do basic math to make sure everyone gets enough points.
Unfortunately I don't have much choice right now. Ranks have been seemingly frozen the last 2 days so I'm always against baby survivors. And if the choice is between bullying new survivors and farming, I'd rather farm.
Not sure what killers you are farming with but it takes maybe 9 minutes total for me to farm with survivors. Its not that hard to do basic math to make sure everyone gets enough points.
Then to answer your previous hyperbole question, yes, I'd much rather play against a sweaty tryhard killer for nine minutes than to play against a farming game for nine minutes
Unfortunately I don't have much choice right now. Ranks have been seemingly frozen the last 2 days so I'm always against baby survivors. And if the choice is between bullying new survivors and farming, I'd rather farm.
Not sure what killers you are farming with but it takes maybe 9 minutes total for me to farm with survivors. Its not that hard to do basic math to make sure everyone gets enough points.
Well honestly I find that hard to believe that you go against baby survivors and Rank is practically frozen.
Baby survivors for me is what I got after 4 months being away and started playing again last Sunday from rank 17.
Bulldoze over the survivors without perks and add ons and even with trickster playing for the first time, rank 10 on Monday for only about 4hrs on total.
And now with nemesis I do the same, no perks no add ons to learn his base kit, and still I rank up, and yes by this point I already go against red ranks.
So i kinda find it hard to believe you don't get decent survivors and you barely rank up
Well honestly I find that hard to believe that you go against baby survivors and Rank is practically frozen.
Baby survivors for me is what I got after 4 months being away and started playing again last Sunday from rank 17.
Bulldoze over the survivors without perks and add ons and even with trickster playing for the first time, rank 10 on Monday for only about 4hrs on total.
And now with nemesis I do the same, no perks no add ons to learn his base kit, and still I rank up, and yes by this point I already go against red ranks.
So i kinda find it hard to believe you don't get decent survivors and you barely rank up
Well rank reset set me back to 14 in may because of the bug I presume, and because I didn't play much I was reset back down into yellow ranks again this time around just 4 days ago. And I mean its literally been frozen the last 2 evenings I've played, as in, my pips don't go up or down and the pip screen itself always displays the wrong amount of pips(Like saying +2 pips when I safetied for example). So I've only been going against ranks 20-13~ which, no offense to them and no flex because its not a grand achievement or anything, is baby territory for me.
Then to answer your previous hyperbole question, yes, I'd much rather play against a sweaty tryhard killer for nine minutes than to play against a farming game for nine minutes
I mean, I'm surprised to hear that considering how many threads I see about survivors complaining about camping/tunneling/slugging but I assume we are still doing the sarcastic hyperbole thing.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I like facecamping Bubbas more than farmers.
Farming is really boring.
I often ask the same thing - and about Killers as well. Especially when I see them play a Party Streamer. Why on earth would you NOT try and farm points when one or more party streamers are in effect?
These are frankly, the best matches in my mind. I would much rather be silly, run around, get a lot of points, than go through a sweaty, toxic match that last 5 minutes or less.
Because that's boring as hell and I want actual matches. I'm not queing up to 'farm BP' with the killer. I'm queing up cause I want to play the game. Also, I don't trust you (the killer) to not turn around at the end and slap me.
Well, then chase them off the gens! More gameplay for everyone
Because its so bloody boring
I don't like friendly killers, it's boring. I start DBD to PLAY, I don't care about BP. I just do gens as quick as possible and leave. A friendly killer = wasted time.
Everyone has their own way of having fun.
And don't get me wrong here I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the problem with farming is that they do it a lot.
Meaning they get into ranks they are not ready for.
For example say you play at lets say rank 13, you managed to find many people who want to farm (which there are) and you keep ranking up.
Then all of a sudden you get people who don't want to farm and you decide to play normal then.
You get little amount of hooks, stunned and looped a lot.
Now if that happens to me (which happened more than I like), I don't have fun because you're not a challenge for me.
I love the trill of the possibility to get downed, and if I know tiles well and you don't know how to counter it well, then it's gonna be a difficult match for you and pretty boring for me.
And I'm very sure that it's not fun for you too.
That is the biggest problem I have with farming.
Cause as killer I don't want to bulldoze over the survivors and as survivor I don't want to run around the map without having to worry about going down.
Very simple.
I use every type of offering for bp that I have.
If i use partystreamers doesn't mean I want to farm, I just want a few extra bp and a fun match instead of boringly trying to get the max BP possible.
It's not something I play the game for, if I want to really farm I'll play some farming simulator.
Unfortunately I don't have much choice right now. Ranks have been seemingly frozen the last 2 days so I'm always against baby survivors. And if the choice is between bullying new survivors and farming, I'd rather farm.
Not sure what killers you are farming with but it takes maybe 9 minutes total for me to farm with survivors. Its not that hard to do basic math to make sure everyone gets enough points.
Then to answer your previous hyperbole question, yes, I'd much rather play against a sweaty tryhard killer for nine minutes than to play against a farming game for nine minutes
Well honestly I find that hard to believe that you go against baby survivors and Rank is practically frozen.
Baby survivors for me is what I got after 4 months being away and started playing again last Sunday from rank 17.
Bulldoze over the survivors without perks and add ons and even with trickster playing for the first time, rank 10 on Monday for only about 4hrs on total.
And now with nemesis I do the same, no perks no add ons to learn his base kit, and still I rank up, and yes by this point I already go against red ranks.
So i kinda find it hard to believe you don't get decent survivors and you barely rank up
Well rank reset set me back to 14 in may because of the bug I presume, and because I didn't play much I was reset back down into yellow ranks again this time around just 4 days ago. And I mean its literally been frozen the last 2 evenings I've played, as in, my pips don't go up or down and the pip screen itself always displays the wrong amount of pips(Like saying +2 pips when I safetied for example). So I've only been going against ranks 20-13~ which, no offense to them and no flex because its not a grand achievement or anything, is baby territory for me.
I mean, I'm surprised to hear that considering how many threads I see about survivors complaining about camping/tunneling/slugging but I assume we are still doing the sarcastic hyperbole thing.