What is the counter to scroll wheel hag?

Went up against a slugging scroll wheel hag earlier today, can someone please explain to me how it's fair that she gets to teleport the literal millisecond a trap is disarmed? Normal hags are fine to go up against since they take a bit of time to teleport to their trap but their is no counter to a hag scroll wheeling. But by all means, if there is some counterplay that I'm not seeing explain it to me, and no, flashlights aren't counterplay, neither are perks.

Comments

  • Pretty much just play SWF really.

    Some maps you can't even see the trap outline before hand because the texture either doesn't allow it (Hawkins is a perfect example) or its hidden in tall grass.

  • Countering Hag is a team effort,she's gonna win if there's no one constantly going around and not letting her make a web.

  • You need to find her in the early game and prevent her from setting up.

    That's the most important thing

  • I know a simple fix that would take very little time to implement for BHVR: Killer Powers can't be bound to scroll wheel.

  • It doesn't take a scroll wheel to teleport fast.

  • If she starts in her 3 gen, its gg tbh

  • @Mr_K said:

    It doesn't take a scroll wheel to teleport fast.

    I know that, but even when she was chasing other survivors whenever I would go to destroy a trap she would teleport to it instantaneously. Every time.

  • You do not need a scroll wheel to play hag effectively. I play hag on controller with default controls, (elix a very good hag streamer) plays on default of controls and as long as you’re spamming the button it literally does not make a difference whether it’s scroll wheel or not. As to counter it try your best not to trigger traps by crouching and don’t 3 gen yourself. Hag is very hard to face I agree but scroll wheel isn’t some huge advantage.

  • @Mr_K said:

    It doesn't take a scroll wheel to teleport fast.

    Noticeable difference though.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278275#Comment_2278275

    I know that, but even when she was chasing other survivors whenever I would go to destroy a trap she would teleport to it instantaneously. Every time.

    If she can hit you, you were too close to disarm. If you disarm at the edge she cant hit you instantly. But if the trap is far away from loops, she will still get a hit.

  • If you know where the trap is, you can be at the very edge of it and activate it, and be running the other way by the time she teleports. She'll still take precious seconds catching up to you if you do that.