BHVR locking the cosmetics to a set to force us to buy the same hairstyle is vile and wrong.

I don’t want excuses. Unlock the ######### sets. If you want people to buy your cosmetics in the future then make an effort to make the head look noticeably different. What you did is unforgivable and you are literally scum if you thought this was an okay thing to do. I already bought your chapter but these cosmetics are a no go unless I can mix and match.

Comments

  • I totally agree, the hair in cosmetics is no different and I want to buy them separately but I guess that's why I stopped buying

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Uhhhh, did it ever occur to you that Capcom may have mandated they be full sets like how Konami probably did with the Silent Hill stuff?

    also you dont have to buy any of it

    except they were first released as nonsets and quickly changed after people started buying pieces

  • you can still have crappy business practices even when people don't HAVE to buy your product.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Uhhhh, did it ever occur to you that Capcom may have mandated they be full sets like how Konami probably did with the Silent Hill stuff?

    also you dont have to buy any of it

    Yes, I'm sure that Capcom were the ones who FORCED Behavior to "make" a "new" Jill head that is the exact same as her default, and they're totally the ones who decided to sell that carbon copy head for $4. "Not having to buy it" doesn't make it any less bullshit, trying to excuse something scummy like this is baffling.

  • They either need to unlink these or offer refunds to people who purchased cosmetic pieces before it became linked.

    They literally scammed people who bought pieces by retroactively linking them. These people cannot use their pieces that they purchased before it was linked.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    They either need to unlink these or offer refunds to people who purchased cosmetic pieces before it became linked.

    They literally scammed people who bought pieces by retroactively linking them. These people cannot use their pieces that they purchased before it was linked.

    BHVR is going to ignore this entirely lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Uhhhh, did it ever occur to you that Capcom may have mandated they be full sets like how Konami probably did with the Silent Hill stuff?

    also you dont have to buy any of it

    Doesn't mean you should defend it.

  • Wait, it is set and you have to buy it if you want just the clothes?

    LOL, what a joke.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2274696#Comment_2274696

    Sounds like releasing them as individual bits was an error that they quickly fixed. Again, it's licensed content so Capcom probably dictated they be sets.

    And that wasn't OP's problem anyway. They're mad that a completely optional, fully cosmetic purchase doesn't meet their quality standard. Apparently BHVR is scum for that.

    Unless bhvr says so I have no intent on giving them the benefit of the doubt, I find it way more likely that its a sales motivated move then a licensing thing.