All These People Crying About Franklin's Demise

The majority of you didn't even use Franklin's in the first place. Why you acting like this is going to impact all of your builds that you never made?


Franklin's went from a bad perk to still a bad perk, end of story. Continue on your day running Ruin + Undying

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • image.png

    Question. Why does franklins still say this? Is the updated FD not in live?

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    Ok im slow to this what happened to franklins

    It won't destroy items anymore, it just drains the charges of the item.

    It's ok against every item except for keys (keys don't require any charges to open hatch).

  • I actually use Franklin's quite a bit whenever it pops up on a killer. That thing has saved my ass more times than I care to count. In fact I run it on Freddy so that when I pop up at a gen being worked on I can smack the toolboxes out of people's hands.


    In fact one game I had with Freddy, there was a David in the lobby that pulled that cheap swap items trick at the last second and swapped to a key. So at that moment I decided, yeah I'm gonna tunnel him and make sure that key is destroyed. The game worked out well. Tunneled him, camped the key until it was gone and resumed.


    Same thing for me last night too. I run Franklin's on Wraith and I caught a Felix who had been hiding all game holding a key (which explained why he was hiding all game). Franklin's came in clutch and helped with that game too.


    So yeah this nerf seems extremely unnecessary. Just because the big streamers and sweat lords don't use it on their Nurse and Spirit builds, doesn't mean that others who just play for fun or are playing killers who have to make do with the talents they have, don't use it. It was a great anti-item perk. But now? I dunno... just a shame that there are no actual hard counters to keys now.

  • Given how much charge different items have, Franklin's will now mainly affect med kits. I'm fine with the change, though it is skewed that keys are the one loophole of the rework.

  • @Ecstasy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2272645#Comment_2272645

    I've heard it all before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8

    But no bubba. That's just another asinine assumption from an ego too fragile to reconcile its own limitations among a universe of experiences and perspectives outside itself.

    I've got a hundred+ posts on this forum. Feel free to read as many as you like, and do get back to telling me who I am and all the things you know about me. Each post was constructed in my own voice; each presents my actual personality; and each conveys my genuine thought process, and--golly gee willickers--even my day-to-day diction.

    You're still applying your sample size of one--a sample-size of self--to everyone and everything. I'm just me homeslice. There's nothing special about you. Except maybe the education required.

    What are you even saying. You're too busy flipping through your dictionary that you forgot to actually put a point to your comment.

  • @BasementDweller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2273011#Comment_2273011

    It won't destroy items anymore, it just drains the charges of the item.

    It's ok against every item except for keys (keys don't require any charges to open hatch).

    oh. ######### me

  • @Astrian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2272620#Comment_2272620

    I highly doubt they're actually dodging lobbies if they see a single key. That's some real down-badness if so and kinda just shows how unskilled of a killer they are if they seriously can't adapt to a single item in their match

    Not to rain on your parade, but I dodge if I see a Key, or someone last-second Key-swaps.

    I cannot STAND Keys snd the potential of them knocking out 3 gens within 2 minutes, before I can even get a hook, and then having 2+ escapes when I can't even stop it.

    I know it isn't guaranteed, but when you have a night like I did last night, where all four matches I played had a Key show up somewhere in there, it becomes quite aggravating.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2272635#Comment_2272635

    Not to rain on your parade, but I dodge if I see a Key, or someone last-second Key-swaps.

    I cannot STAND Keys snd the potential of them knocking out 3 gens within 2 minutes, before I can even get a hook, and then having 2+ escapes when I can't even stop it.

    I know it isn't guaranteed, but when you have a night like I did last night, where all four matches I played had a Key show up somewhere in there, it becomes quite aggravating.

    How are people knocking out 3 gens in 2 minutes without you intervening?


    I know it doesn't mean you main the killer, but Blight in your pfp is a perfect example of a killer who shreds this very concept. You can literally go around the map and harass everybody on gens. Most of my red rank games end with 0 - 2 gens complete.


    Majority of the games that progress further than that are because I'm either playing poorly or it's just a bad Blight map.


    Very few times it's because of a survivor sweatsquad "genrushing" doing 3 gens in 2 minutes. You shouldn't be wasting so much time chasing a single survivor and should have the awareness to give up and check other gens if this is such a problem for you.


    Your comment doesn't even sound like keys being the problem, the problem is you're just not playing well and there's places where you can improve.

    The problem is you, you're just projecting it on the keys which again, are not the reason you're losing games.

  • @Artick said:

    Killers before Franklin's change: "nah keys op I don't want to use franklins in my build, it's not a counter anyway wahaaa wahha".

    Killers after change: "######### bhvr you just took away the only counter to keys that I never used and always pretended wasn't a counter I'm so angry".

    Survivor: *drops Key*

  • Since OP decided to keep attacking people with a different opinion, instead of having a civil discussion, I decided to close their thread.

1 2 ›