ATTENTION: If you're good at DBD read this!

If you're an experienced Dead by Daylight player from North America, Play on PC, and want matches that'll give you a similar feeling to High MMR, queue with Crossplay off. You will get genuinely more challenging matches / better teammates with crossplay off. It'll hold those looking to play with people their own skill level up until SBM comes out.

Comments

  • From the UK here. Have been playing with cross-play off for about a week now and the difference between cross-play on matches is big. Teammates are better, killers are a lot more experienced. I'm consistently playing with others with 1k+ hours. It's pretty much just Nurse/Blight every game, but still a fun challenge.

  • I do miss being able to chat with other PC players but it is nice to have faster games. I'm one of those people that minimizes the game and hovers his mouse over the Dead by Daylight icon on the toolbar to see the game in a tiny window while I watch youtube vids. Woe to the videos that have to constantly get paused but woo to the vidya gamin'.

  • PC players aren't any better than console players

  • I'm not good at DBD and I read this post

    Am I getting jailed?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I'm not good at DBD and I read this post

    Am I getting jailed?

    1623453265870.jpg


    You have displeased the Entity with your rebelliousness.

  • Agree with a killer disagree with a survivor pc survs are nothing better than console survs because it's basically same while killers are on disvantage so I can agree with that but survs are same and judging them all by platform is stupid Otz lost streak to 4 console survs while he stomped pc players in previous matches so my point stands between survs there's no difference

  • @Pepsidot said:

    From the UK here. Have been playing with cross-play off for about a week now and the difference between cross-play on matches is big. Teammates are better, killers are a lot more experienced. I'm consistently playing with others with 1k+ hours. It's pretty much just Nurse/Blight every game, but still a fun challenge.

    @SquillDBD said:

    If you're an experienced Dead by Daylight player from North America, Play on PC, and want matches that'll give you a similar feeling to High MMR, queue with Crossplay off. You will get genuinely more challenging matches / better teammates with crossplay off. It'll hold those looking to play with people their own skill level up until SBM comes out.

    I have a feeling this console vs pc crap is about to come back!!! Please god tell me I am wrong!!!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yeah, if not for the huge queues I'd play with crossplay off all the time. Better teammates, better killers and killer matches are actually challenging. When MMR worked the matches were actually quite similar to how crossplay off works.

    But were all the players on PC? Or was it mixed? If it was mixed it is apparent that there are a lot of people who play this on console. I run into 4stack console players all the time and woof Never played a team like them

  • @CoalTower said:

    PC players aren't any better than console players

    What's funny is before crossplay matches as killer used to be much more challenging. PC players on average just tend to be better than console players. I'm not saying that there aren't some cracked console survivors/killers out there because I know there are it's just something to hold the people who want more challenging matches up until MMR releases. MMR was initially supposed to release with crossplay, but the devs messed it up so they had to delay the release of SBM.

  • @SquillDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266294#Comment_2266294

    What's funny is before crossplay matches as killer used to be much more challenging. PC players on average just tend to be better than console players. I'm not saying that there aren't some cracked console survivors/killers out there because I know there are it's just something to hold the people who want more challenging matches up until MMR releases. MMR was initially supposed to release with crossplay, but the devs messed it up so they had to delay the release of SBM.

    They don't tend to be better, they tend to try harder. I noticed no difference between before and after crossplay. The average player is hot trash, regardless of platform.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I'm not good at DBD and I read this post

    Am I getting jailed?

    Same

  • Survivors are no different. Some killers, anything that aims really, have an advantage on pc because of m and k. That's all.

  • Queues are faster for me too that way

  • @SquillDBD said:

    If you're an experienced Dead by Daylight player from North America, Play on PC, and want matches that'll give you a similar feeling to High MMR, queue with Crossplay off. You will get genuinely more challenging matches / better teammates with crossplay off. It'll hold those looking to play with people their own skill level up until SBM comes out.

    I'm sorry, I couldn't read this. I'm not very good :(

  • @CoalTower said:

    PC players aren't any better than console players

    I didn't notice a difference between crossplay on and crossplay off. I'm on Steam. People have same skill, no matter the platform!

    I mean, outside of the fact crossplay off I was matched always against and with the exact same people.

  • We already knew this, OP.

  • @CoalTower said:

    PC players aren't any better than console players

    Not sure if this is the point though. The people turning off crossplay on PC happen to try a lot harder and have a lot of experience than the average crossplay on game (no matter whether the players faced are on PC or console) from my experience so far.

    I've played with and against many tournament players too, it's as if they all go on crossplay off to practise when not in KYF.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266294#Comment_2266294

    Not sure if this is the point though. The people turning off crossplay on PC happen to try a lot harder and have a lot of experience than the average crossplay on game (no matter whether the players faced are on PC or console) from my experience so far.

    I've played with and against many tournament players too, it's as if they all go on crossplay off to practise when not in KYF.

    They try harder on average, but they aren't better. In my experience, we console players tend to not fully try until we're forced to, while PC players are fully trying from the start. A console player and a PC player fully trying are at about the same level.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2266345#Comment_2266345

    Mixed, even had some impressive teams full console. I think the problem is that console has TOO many survivors and very few killers (probably due to performance and controller issues), so the matchmaking really turned out weird after crossplay was implemented.

    Yup 100%


    Survivor queues on PS4 would take up to three hours at night, and PS4 has a much bigger playerbase than Xbox, so I shudder to think about how bad they had it

  • Why all the PCs players needs to feel themselves so important ? I swear , im on PS4, once cross play on and i never saw so much "noobs" or unsport / baby killer on... its not only the machine you use, its your experience, skills, mood etc..

    Feels better to play a PC sluggy nurse ? Or an mouse assisted aiming huntress ? wow

  • Funny, my own experience has shown me that console players are typically better at pounding out their objectives than the PC players. PC players are usually the ones trying to meme or show off.

    We really need to stop this "us vs them" mentality against our console cousins. They're still gamer family.

  • The problem isn't pc players are better. Theres console players who are great. Theres more people on consoles though, and most of them aren't the best players out there. The majority play mainly survivor so when it's that saturated and only a small percentage of that group are the best players you run into bad players a lot more than good. PC has less players so smaller pool to choose from and better chance to get good teammates/killer. I also feel like if you've invested in a gaming pc you probably put more time into gaming and take it more seriously than a casual gamer on console. That's not saying theres not people on console who take gaming very seriously. Just feel like when you want to take it to that next level, you obviously go to pc.

  • NA cross off is pretty hit and miss. Depends on the time of day. If the NA Pro-Cord is actually doing lobby snipes, you can get some really good matches. I'm more likely to run into a comp killer than a comp survivor with cross off in my experience. Still unfortunately have to actually set up scrims to get good games though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    NA cross off is pretty hit and miss. Depends on the time of day. If the NA Pro-Cord is actually doing lobby snipes, you can get some really good matches. I'm more likely to run into a comp killer than a comp survivor with cross off in my experience. Still unfortunately have to actually set up scrims to get good games though.

    Well that's why I'm trying to build up NA cross off, so you run into more challenging matches more often.