For crying out loud, why are the ranged hitboxes still broken?
I know, I know, hitboxes in this game are all over the place anyway, but since the minor buff/alteration to trickster's hitbox the ranged hitboxes for plague and deathslinger are just utterly screwed.
They already had tiny hitdots by all means, but since the trickster buff the hits just don't register anymore. As in:
the hitanimation plays, even the gasp sound plays, but nothing happens. No infection, no spearing the survivor.
Meanwhile Trickster's knives connect even though they hit an obstacle the survivor's clearly behind.
Comments
It's like the Devs saw the complaints for Huntress' beach balls and thought "Well, better nerf Plague and Slinger a bit"
Although the hitboxes aren't the best thing about this game, I think that your connection is what matters the most.
connection is fine, ping is at 30ms max. AND I had people point it out in the postgame chat that they wondered about the hits not registering while the animation played. so. no. it's on the game's end.
Its not connection. I don't play slinger but Plague is buggy as hell. You often hit survivor and even survivor screams and react to it, but nothing happens
Also let’s keep her exhaustion add on and give her two insanely good new ones
What do you mean we nerfed billy too much in his add on pass?
No, the devs saw the issue, even made an entire stream about it, how it is suppose to be (on the right) instead of what it is now (on the left) in this image (literally from their stream btw):
so they changed it to the right image, making it more act like it should.....then they somehow messed that up entirely, reverted it back to the beachball and never touched it again.
This is one of the reasons why the statement "we tested it internally and it did not work/we did not like it" coming from the devs holds zero value for me.
The best part is that they could just shrink in the sides and turn the ball into a disk but they don't want people who have worked on game engines before to know that.
It has never happened to me to hit someone, it sounds like I have hit someone but not really.
And I play a lot with Deathslinger and the Huntress quite a bit.
Honestly, the pass on Huntress was a bit messed up. Like, they nerfed any other good killer and then basically buffed her add-ons barring iri head (inevitable) and the exhaustion that still they let her keep. I don't want a nerf. It's just to point out that the double standard is obvious, specifically because there are huntress mains among the devs.
They often try changes and if they don't work out as expected, they just drop the issue entirely. It happened many times. If I have to figure out why the rectangular hitboxes were giving funky hits is because they were rotating with the hatchet animation.
Great that it isn't happening to you but as there are others who experienced the same, I don't think you're experience is the universal one
I regularly get hit by Plague's vomit, do the animation and screan and don't get infected or take damage. It's weird.
Game is pretty buggy with projectiles one time I hid in the corner on a TL wall on Macmillan plague literally aiming at me full puke mode and none of it registered
And at no time have I said that you are lying.
From the way you've gotten defensive, I'm beginning to think that in your case it's just poor aim.
My aim ain't the best, not denying that, but, naw, it's just getting frustrating. As said, the shot/vomit 'hits' the animation plays, the sound plays but the survivor just runs unaffacted. And as said, there have been survivors pointing it out in endgame chat. And, funny, how you say 'it's just bad aim' when other people are describing having the same thing happen. When SURVIVORS are saying they noticed that they got hit yet not
As a Deathslinger main, I often shot Survivors see the harpoon actually go through them and not hit them and it makes me want to throw my keyboard across the room because sometimes you really need those hits and they are very game tilting...
In the meantime, Huntress hits me as a Survivor from like three feet away and it's so unfair or through walls just because I happen to be behind the corner. I hope in the near future they actually solve that because it's frustrating on both ends.