I started playing Pig

Her power is very luck dependent, like to such an extent it can hurt.

However those moments when it works in your favor? Amazing, satisfying, incredible.

I think she needs one thing; Basekit Ruleset No. 2, it would increase tensions for survivors and force them to make difficult choices, other than that, I think she's perfectly fine as is.

Tagged: DevMod

Comments

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256347#Comment_2256347

    It is a flaw IMO because it means the stall is less effective because there are less gens that need to be done by the time the stall kicks in, making the stall hurt Survivors less.

    The stall is just as effective. From the simple perspective of, they literally have to do the same things to get it off.

    Plus it has a higher chance of someone actually dieing to it. Which will always be the strongest way to stall a game by sheer math.

    Also, since they are in gens until it activates, you don't need to change your patrol route

  • @Satelit said:

    The nastiest Pig build is Tampered Timer + Crate of Gears,there's just not enough time to search all the boxes if you get unlucky with RNG

    Tampered Timer should be changed if they make the trap value more consistent

    I feel like they would. It would be a much more threatening combo than it already is if they didn't change it to match trap value.

  • Recently I just start playing Pig, can someone explain how RNG of the traps work?

    Example calling the 4 boxes A,B,C,D.

    1. Does each trap has RNG key attached to individual box? Such as the trap on your head must be unlocked at B box, or only able to unlock after searched a random number of box?
    2. If you see other 3 successfully unlock their traps at box A,B,C. Does it mean you can go directly to box D to unlock your trap?
  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256505#Comment_2256505

    The stall is just as effective. From the simple perspective of, they literally have to do the same things to get it off.

    Plus it has a higher chance of someone actually dieing to it. Which will always be the strongest way to stall a game by sheer math.

    Also, since they are in gens until it activates, you don't need to change your patrol route

    Yes, they have to do the same thing, but WHEN they do the same thing matters as well. It can result in the team taking more or less time to finish the gen. If the stalling happens later than usual consistently because the Survivors are always doing the gens before the boxes, it might not do enough to allow the Pig to snowball the game into a win.

    It doesn't matter if one person has a higher chance to die to it if the rest of the Survivors have a higher chance of finishing the gens. And that's assuming the person actually DIES to the Trap. If they don't (odds are in their favor, after all), then you just delayed the benefit of the stall for no upside.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Recently I just start playing Pig, can someone explain how RNG of the traps work?

    Example calling the 4 boxes A,B,C,D.

    1. Does each trap has RNG key attached to individual box? Such as the trap on your head must be unlocked at B box, or only able to unlock after searched a random number of box?
    2. If you see other 3 successfully unlock their traps at box A,B,C. Does it mean you can go directly to box D to unlock your trap?

    I believe it works like this:

    At the beginning of the match, each trap The Pig has is given a key to open it. Each of those keys are randomly assigned before the match to a specific box on the map (depending on how many traps you're using, and how many boxes are available). When a survivor gets a trap on their head, the key is already "in" a specific box -- so the randomness of whether they get it off or not isn't determined during their search, but simply by what box they go to. So it goes by your first statement. It's entirely possible for everyone to have their keys in the same box, or for them to spread among multiple boxes. The scenario you use in example #2 wouldn't work.

  • @EQWashu said:

    @Laluzi Yup, I've tried most every tactic at the beginning, middle, and end of the match, and it hasn't happened yet! I can get boops as survivor just fine, I honestly just need to play Pig a lot more to increase boop luck

    @Hex_Llama I have had that happen as well many times, and I once approached a survivor asking for boops, and they crouched down, shook his character model "No" at me, then ran away. I respected it 100%, but was still a very sad Pig lol

    I personally wouldn't mind seeing an update to her add-ons, and while part of her power is rng, I don't mind the level of rng she has.

    I play a TON of Pig -- you'll get it eventually, lol. I've been booped in every way imaginable -- by survivors at the start of the game who assume I want to meme, and by desperate survivors late in a match who are trying anything to hope to survive. My Pig Code is simple: You Boop, You Live, no exceptions (unless you were taunting me earlier in the match and are trying to use it as a desperate escape tactic -- those aren't real Boopers, lol).

    I start out every match aggressive and let the survivors dictate how "friendly" a Pig I'll be. The clip below shows me going after a Nea after an initial hook on a No Mither player (who I'd already mentally determined I'd let live if it came down to it at the end, just for the respect of them running the perk, lol). I hit her, but I sensed that she was trying to Boop when I went for the attack and I couldn't pull back. I waited and didn't follow immediately up, giving them the opportunity to (bravely, considering they were injured) approach for the Boop. The match turned into a farming fest -- it just took a little while to finally convince the last survivor, a Jane, that I was harmless (they were a solo, and told me afterwards they loved Booping, but didn't run into a lot of Pigs who played along).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJE62bTZCaE&list=PLC2rL4BtEvpu37EzsT36X2SS3vL2Igksg&index=55&ab_channel=GeriatricGamingGeriatricGaming

    Sometimes, like this Claudette, the intent to Boop doesn't always get through, lol. 😂

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t85BXYy5Sts&list=PLC2rL4BtEvpu37EzsT36X2SS3vL2Igksg&index=37&ab_channel=GeriatricGamingGeriatricGaming


  • @C3Tooth said:

    Recently I just start playing Pig, can someone explain how RNG of the traps work?

    Example calling the 4 boxes A,B,C,D.

    1. Does each trap has RNG key attached to individual box? Such as the trap on your head must be unlocked at B box, or only able to unlock after searched a random number of box?
    2. If you see other 3 successfully unlock their traps at box A,B,C. Does it mean you can go directly to box D to unlock your trap?

    at the start of the trial, your traps get assigned a random letter (if we go by your A,B,C,D format). so each trap has a box that contains the key to remove the trap before you even put it on someone.

    the box itself is random, all keys could be in a single box, each could be in a separate box or anything in between.


    @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256841#Comment_2256841

    Yes, they have to do the same thing, but WHEN they do the same thing matters as well. It can result in the team taking more or less time to finish the gen. If the stalling happens later than usual consistently because the Survivors are always doing the gens before the boxes, it might not do enough to allow the Pig to snowball the game into a win.

    It doesn't matter if one person has a higher chance to die to it if the rest of the Survivors have a higher chance of finishing the gens. And that's assuming the person actually DIES to the Trap. If they don't (odds are in their favor, after all), then you just delayed the benefit of the stall for no upside.

    and RSN2 is the only way to control when it happens. without it you are just counting on whatever the survivor decides.

    you can say "If the stalling happens later than usual consistently because the Survivors are always doing the gens before the boxes, it might not do enough to allow the Pig to snowball the game into a win" if you want. but you are just guessing this. from my experience they do great. specially since, a third of the time, the trap is activated while the survivor is on the hook anyway. meaning base trap and RSN2 trap did exactly the same.


    they don't have a higher chance of finishing gens, the chances are exactly the same. the only difference is the person with the trap.

    they can either help after taking the trap off. meaning they help when there's less gens, when the number of survivors on gens matter most.

    Or they help right away and stop to take the traps off. meaning the help when there's more gens to patrol.


    @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256913#Comment_2256913

    I believe it works like this:

    At the beginning of the match, each trap The Pig has is given a key to open it. Each of those keys are randomly assigned before the match to a specific box on the map (depending on how many traps you're using, and how many boxes are available). When a survivor gets a trap on their head, the key is already "in" a specific box -- so the randomness of whether they get it off or not isn't determined during their search, but simply by what box they go to. So it goes by your first statement. It's entirely possible for everyone to have their keys in the same box, or for them to spread among multiple boxes. The scenario you use in example #2 wouldn't work.

    yeah. that.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256913#Comment_2256913

    at the start of the trial, your traps get assigned a random letter (if we go by your A,B,C,D format). so each trap has a box that contains the key to remove the trap before you even put it on someone.

    the box itself is random, all keys could be in a single box, each could be in a separate box or anything in between.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256919#Comment_2256919

    and RSN2 is the only way to control when it happens. without it you are just counting on whatever the survivor decides.

    you can say "If the stalling happens later than usual consistently because the Survivors are always doing the gens before the boxes, it might not do enough to allow the Pig to snowball the game into a win" if you want. but you are just guessing this. from my experience they do great. specially since, a third of the time, the trap is activated while the survivor is on the hook anyway. meaning base trap and RSN2 trap did exactly the same.

    they don't have a higher chance of finishing gens, the chances are exactly the same. the only difference is the person with the trap.

    they can either help after taking the trap off. meaning they help when there's less gens, when the number of survivors on gens matter most.

    Or they help right away and stop to take the traps off. meaning the help when there's more gens to patrol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256931#Comment_2256931

    yeah. that.

    RSN2 makes the Survivor very likely to pick the choice that makes the stalling less effective.

    My comment about the stalling vs. snowballing is me trying to look at it logically. The longer it takes for you to get that stalling going, the more time you are giving the Survivors to operate without having lost a person temporarily to the Jigsaw Boxes, meaning a larger percentage of their objective will be completed. Also, if the gen pops before the Trapped Survivor is taken off the hook, then RSN2 makes no difference in that case. The problem is when the Survivor is taken off the hook BEFORE their Timer starts because you are almost assuredly forcing them to do the gens first, which delays the stalling potential.

    They do have a higher chance of finishing gens because you forced them to do gens first, which meant the gen was popped faster than if they had taken an opportunity to do boxes right then and there. If your goal is to try and force an RBT kill, RSN2 is okay-ish at that. If your goal is to stall the gen progression, you don't WANT them to immediately hop on a gen instead of doing boxes ASAP, and in that regard RSN2 is bad because it essentiallg forces them to hop on gens immediately. You want them to have the opportunity to make the wrong choice. You don't want them to be forced to make the correct choice.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257163#Comment_2257163

    RSN2 makes the Survivor very likely to pick the choice that makes the stalling less effective.

    My comment about the stalling vs. snowballing is me trying to look at it logically. The longer it takes for you to get that stalling going, the more time you are giving the Survivors to operate without having lost a person temporarily to the Jigsaw Boxes, meaning a larger percentage of their objective will be completed. Also, if the gen pops before the Trapped Survivor is taken off the hook, then RSN2 makes no difference in that case. The problem is when the Survivor is taken off the hook BEFORE their Timer starts because you are almost assuredly forcing them to do the gens first, which delays the stalling potential.

    They do have a higher chance of finishing gens because you forced them to do gens first, which meant the gen was popped faster than if they had taken an opportunity to do boxes right then and there. If your goal is to try and force an RBT kill, RSN2 is okay-ish at that. If your goal is to stall the gen progression, you don't WANT them to immediately hop on a gen instead of doing boxes ASAP, and in that regard RSN2 is bad because it essentiallg forces them to hop on gens immediately. You want them to have the opportunity to make the wrong choice. You don't want them to be forced to make the correct choice.

    RSN2 means they are more or less forced into only trying to remove the trap after it activates. there's no choice.


    doesn't matter where the delay goes as long as there's still 1 gen left to be done. you get the same amount of extra time. but you only need to patrol a smaller area if there's less gens.


    will you eventually stop saying the same thing in a different way? the stall is there for the same amount of time, they are not more or less likely to finish any amount of gens...

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257357#Comment_2257357

    RSN2 means they are more or less forced into only trying to remove the trap after it activates. there's no choice.

    doesn't matter where the delay goes as long as there's still 1 gen left to be done. you get the same amount of extra time. but you only need to patrol a smaller area if there's less gens.

    will you eventually stop saying the same thing in a different way? the stall is there for the same amount of time, they are not more or less likely to finish any amount of gens...

    I am aware that there is basically no choice. I don't disagree with that. That still means that they are forced into doing the thing that is detrimental to the stalling.

    What you say about patrolling a smaller area is not necessarily true, as it depends on where the gens are located. If you three-gen, yes you have a smaller area. If the gens are way spread out, you still have to spend lots of time patrolling a larger area. And with fewer gens to be done, the Survivors will have an easier time finishing whatever is left. That is why you want the stall to happen sooner and not later. The longer you take to get that stall going, the longer you are allowing them to operate more efficiently, which means they are getting gens done faster.

    I will not stop saying that because I still believe it to be true. Having the stall kick in later is detrimental to the Pig if she is trying to stall because the Survivors are able to get things done more quickly when they are NOT being stalled.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2257614#Comment_2257614

    I am aware that there is basically no choice. I don't disagree with that. That still means that they are forced into doing the thing that is detrimental to the stalling.

    What you say about patrolling a smaller area is not necessarily true, as it depends on where the gens are located. If you three-gen, yes you have a smaller area. If the gens are way spread out, you still have to spend lots of time patrolling a larger area. And with fewer gens to be done, the Survivors will have an easier time finishing whatever is left. That is why you want the stall to happen sooner and not later. The longer you take to get that stall going, the longer you are allowing them to operate more efficiently, which means they are getting gens done faster.

    I will not stop saying that because I still believe it to be true. Having the stall kick in later is detrimental to the Pig if she is trying to stall because the Survivors are able to get things done more quickly when they are NOT being stalled.

    you arbitrarily decided it's detrimental. I don't think it is.


    less gens means a smaller area. 3 gen or not. just basic math.

    the stall is the same. the are efficient for the exact same amount of time aswell. I rather them be less efficient when there's fewer gens than after.


    you randomly decided it is. it isn't detrimental.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2258896#Comment_2258896

    you arbitrarily decided it's detrimental. I don't think it is.

    less gens means a smaller area. 3 gen or not. just basic math.

    the stall is the same. the are efficient for the exact same amount of time aswell. I rather them be less efficient when there's fewer gens than after.

    you randomly decided it is. it isn't detrimental.

    "you arbitrarily decided it's detrimental."

    I don't see how it's arbitrary. I explained my position and why I feel the way I do. I don't think I'm saying "it is because it is." Later stall being bad for stalling is kinda just logical IMO because the longer you take to make them less efficient, the more time they have to BE efficient and the less extra work they will have to put in to make up the difference once they actually start losing that efficiency due to RBTs.

    "less gens means a smaller area. 3 gen or not. just basic math."

    Unless I am misunderstanding you, this is just wrong. If there are only three gens left on the map, and they are all as far from each other as the game would allow, your area of searching has not gotten smaller. At best, you are simply making fewer stops on your patrol route. You are still covering a large distance.

    "the stall is the same. the are efficient for the exact same amount of time aswell. I rather them be less efficient when there's fewer gens than after."

    This doesn't line up with the general perception of the game, as far as I can tell. One of the general complaints I see is that there is an issue with the early parts of the game because the gens go by too quickly during that time. Delaying the stall benefit does not help with that problem at all. If you feel differently, fine, but I do not agree at all.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2259256#Comment_2259256

    "you arbitrarily decided it's detrimental."

    I don't see how it's arbitrary. I explained my position and why I feel the way I do. I don't think I'm saying "it is because it is." Later stall being bad for stalling is kinda just logical IMO because the longer you take to make them less efficient, the more time they have to BE efficient and the less extra work they will have to put in to make up the difference once they actually start losing that efficiency due to RBTs.

    "less gens means a smaller area. 3 gen or not. just basic math."

    Unless I am misunderstanding you, this is just wrong. If there are only three gens left on the map, and they are all as far from each other as the game would allow, your area of searching has not gotten smaller. At best, you are simply making fewer stops on your patrol route. You are still covering a large distance.

    "the stall is the same. the are efficient for the exact same amount of time aswell. I rather them be less efficient when there's fewer gens than after."

    This doesn't line up with the general perception of the game, as far as I can tell. One of the general complaints I see is that there is an issue with the early parts of the game because the gens go by too quickly during that time. Delaying the stall benefit does not help with that problem at all. If you feel differently, fine, but I do not agree at all.

    it's arbitrary because none of you explanations apply. it's just your personal opinions on things.

    also, you're not choosing between stall at 5 gens left or stall at 1 gen left. it's not binary like this.


    let me put it this way. pick X random points, they form some sort of shape with X sides. if you remove one of those points and use the remaining points to make a shape, the shape will have a smaller area then the previous one. even if marginally.


    I rather the stall happen at 4 gens than 5. because if the stall happens while I have to control a smaller area, it's better.

    you prefer at 5... this is the only difference

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2259538#Comment_2259538

    it's arbitrary because none of you explanations apply. it's just your personal opinions on things.

    also, you're not choosing between stall at 5 gens left or stall at 1 gen left. it's not binary like this.

    let me put it this way. pick X random points, they form some sort of shape with X sides. if you remove one of those points and use the remaining points to make a shape, the shape will have a smaller area then the previous one. even if marginally.

    I rather the stall happen at 4 gens than 5. because if the stall happens while I have to control a smaller area, it's better.

    you prefer at 5... this is the only difference

    1) I don't see how my explanations don't apply, even if it is still my opinion.

    2) I didn't say you are choosing between stalling at 5 gens or stalling at 1 gen. You are choosing between stalling now and stalling later. In the goal of stalling, now is just about always better than later unless you are doing something intentionally gimmicky like forcing Trap kills or an endgame build.

    3) Marginally is an important distinction. If you cluster the remaining gens together, yes you do have a noticeably smaller area to cover. If they are spread out, the difference isn't enough to make a large difference. That is the main issue with overly large maps, fwiw (ironically, large maps slightly favor the Pig because those large distances can contribute to a higher chance for a Trap kill).

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256018#Comment_2256018

    If the Pig has RSN2 in play, the Survivor in question is going to be at the mercy of Timer/Crate/Sketch anyways unless they luck into a Jigsaw Box coincidentally before the timer starts ticking. Not to mention that at that point, the Pig can just tunnel the Survivor anyways to almost assure death once she opens the Gate herself to force the EGC.

    I really do wish the devs were open to looking at the Pig (every time, the response is always "our records indicate Pig is in a good spot") so they could try ideas like yours to see what works and what doesn't.

    The idea is quite simple: RBTs have Inactive and Active states.

    Inactive State: This is a timed grace period for which survivors have. Once this expires, if a generator WAS completed during the Inactive State, their RBT will move to the Active State. However, if a generator WASN'T completed during the Inactive State, their RBT will remain Inactive until a generator IS completed.

    Active State: This is a timed event in which survivors have to remove the trap before it kills them on the spot.

    If the developers add this, then added RSN2. We could add more lethality add-ons for RBT because all survivors, regardless of the situation they are in, are guaranteed an equal opportunity to remove the RBT. Meaning if they die to one of your lethal RBT add-ons, that's on them for being greedy and not taking the opportunity to remove their trap or the very least, get a head start. There's no more, I got unlucky and died, at most, if you weren't greedy, you'll just waste more time — even with lethality add-ons in play.

    That's the goal of the RBT, waste time and threaten greedy survivors with a high possibility of death.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2260074#Comment_2260074

    1) I don't see how my explanations don't apply, even if it is still my opinion.

    2) I didn't say you are choosing between stalling at 5 gens or stalling at 1 gen. You are choosing between stalling now and stalling later. In the goal of stalling, now is just about always better than later unless you are doing something intentionally gimmicky like forcing Trap kills or an endgame build.

    3) Marginally is an important distinction. If you cluster the remaining gens together, yes you do have a noticeably smaller area to cover. If they are spread out, the difference isn't enough to make a large difference. That is the main issue with overly large maps, fwiw (ironically, large maps slightly favor the Pig because those large distances can contribute to a higher chance for a Trap kill).

    1) because they are an opinion, but you talk about them as facts. you don't say "I think base traps are better" you say "base traps are better" and proceeds to tell everyone that likes RSN2 how wrong they are.


    2) it's because you always say something like "if you don't stall now, there won't be time later" or something to that effect. when stalling later has just a marginal difference when it comes to when it happens. I see all pigs liking that a trap gets activated when someone is on the hook, means they can't be doing gens since they still gotta search all boxes, but a rbt that forces that situation is apparently bad...


    3) well obviously... you probably aren't gonna leave the 3 gen to check the one solitary gen accross the map either... just saying, if part of the area you are patrolling stops mattering, you are left with a smaller area. ( large maps also usually have big open areas, which hurts her stealth... you win some you lose some XD )

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2260146#Comment_2260146

    1) because they are an opinion, but you talk about them as facts. you don't say "I think base traps are better" you say "base traps are better" and proceeds to tell everyone that likes RSN2 how wrong they are.

    2) it's because you always say something like "if you don't stall now, there won't be time later" or something to that effect. when stalling later has just a marginal difference when it comes to when it happens. I see all pigs liking that a trap gets activated when someone is on the hook, means they can't be doing gens since they still gotta search all boxes, but a rbt that forces that situation is apparently bad...

    3) well obviously... you probably aren't gonna leave the 3 gen to check the one solitary gen accross the map either... just saying, if part of the area you are patrolling stops mattering, you are left with a smaller area. ( large maps also usually have big open areas, which hurts her stealth... you win some you lose some XD )

    1) You're welcome to disagree if you wish. I just wish to attempt to argue my point of view. Again, I don't think it being my opinion means the points I make are meaningless.

    2) It's more like I'm saying that continuously pushing off the time Survivors spend looking through boxes has a cumulative negative effect.

    "I see all pigs liking that a trap gets activated when someone is on the hook, means they can't be doing gens since they still gotta search all boxes, but a rbt that forces that situation is apparently bad..."

    That's because there's a difference between the two. If the trap activates before the wearer is able to begin searching for boxes, then they HAVE to search boxes the moment they get that chance. They don't get the choice to do gens first because there is no opportunity to ignore boxes until the trap starts ticking. That stall happens IMMEDIATELY once they get off the hook (or wiggle free or are healed off the ground). With Rules Set No. 2, it's the opposite. They are instead forced into the other direction and more or less HAVE to do gens in order to see the box auras. The stall is pushed off until the Survivors complete 1/5 of their objective (unless the Survivor in question decides to start looking for boxes without the auras, which is just poor decision making IMO).

    3) That's true, but that doesn't necessarily mean that fewer gens always equals small patrolling area. It depends on the locations of the remaining gens.

  • His stealth power has a cooldown to it. That's the caveat. Amanda's has a transfer time and so does Wraith along with a sound indicator. These need to exist for game balancing

  • @AnchorTea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2256302#Comment_2256302

    His stealth power has a cooldown to it. That's the caveat. Amanda's has a transfer time and so does Wraith along with a sound indicator. These need to exist for game balancing

    yes. but most of the time you won't even notice the cooldown.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263219#Comment_2263219

    yes. but most of the time you won't even notice the cooldown.

    While that can be true if Ghostface can turn it on/off when there's no cooldown then Wraith's/Pig's power will be more obsolete compared Ghostface.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I wish pigs crouch was as fluid and flowing as ghostfaces

    If Pigs Basekit were to receive any buffs it should definitely be to her crouch movement speed. Otherwise she isn’t too bad. Some add-ons tweaks would be nice as well.

1 2 ›