As survivor, why do I lose pip/rank and item/add-ons when a killer DC's?
This happens to me all the time as a survivor on ps4. Three times last night alone. The killer DC's during a Trial and I lose pips which directly and negatively affects my rank. Also, my equipped item and add-ons are wasted. Strangely, my equipped offering is still equipped. I really think it's unfair for survivors to suffer due to the killer DC'ing. Is this going to be fixed? Thanks.
Comments
If you go back to the main page of the forum, and then scroll down to Feedback there is a Section called Bug Reports, I'd recommend you post this there.
There is also Technical Support where you can post this under Technical Issues.
I'm guessing that will be the easiest and fastest way for you to report this properly and get your rank fixed if possible. I hope they figure this out for you!
I heard that this happens if the killer on console closes the PS app instead of using the "leave button" ingame.
Why is it fair for killers to suffer due to survivor DCing btw?
Killers get 2,5k BP if all survivors DC and lose all their stuff
Ummmm, i don't think anybody here has said this so far?
It isn't fair for either side. Enough said.
But I always see survivor complaining that Dcing is unfair when the killer DCs.
Nobody thinks about the killer when they DC and infact DCIng is way more common on the survivor side, some of them even do it intentionally to deny BBQ stacks etc.
Then when I come up with the obviosu solution => Punish DCing instead of compensating for DCing,
then they dont agree anymore because truth is that they still want to DC by themselves, they just dont like it when killers DC
And i see plenty of killer threads about Dcing too, all of them warranted, just like this one. You assume nobody thinks about the killer, in my experience that isn't true, I've expressed that dcing on either side is not right on more than one post i believe, so have others. I can't do anything about people on my side DCing, but i can condemn it.
Once again, Dcing is a scummy play, from either side.
I can make them lose their stuff by DCing?
AWESOME!!!!
Will now use this if players are playing in SWF groups or acting like A-holes in general.
Finally, a way to strike back!
Excuse me, did you read the actual thread?
"I really think it's unfair for survivors to suffer due to the killer DC'ing. Is this going to be fixed? Thanks. "
And I still dont understand why people want compensation for Dcs instead of punishing Dcs. Are you all happy in an endless lobby sim where one side DCs and you farm BPs this way?
its not just a visual bug and it even bypasses add ons that allow you to keep item if you die . I guess since you didn't die it just erases the items you had .
I also agree its not something that someone should not loose if it is out of their control . so if all survivors dc then killer should keep their ad ons and offering same as if killer dc's the survivors should . I have lost 2 skeleton keys this way using the add on that allows me to keep it on death and a rainbow map while using a white ward . they do know about these issues but in the past year haven't seemed to figure out a fix .
ohh and I play pc not console .
Yes i did, and i agree. Just as i agree that its unfair for killers to loose anything over a survivor DCing. Heck survivor DC's screw me over too, especially if its more than one since its unlikely 2 of us are getting 5 gens done. I'm not disputing that it sucks utter b***s for killers too. But that doesn't negate the fact that when a killer DC's it screws over points, rank and items too.
Personally compensation is something I'm not as adamant about when punishment for DCing is the way to go, and if they did compensate for items lost then yes, killers should get more compensation for the multiple dc's they have to face, it works both ways.
I've had a thread going for a while about it in the PS4 section. Nothing has been done. You lose items, pips, and get 0 bp with something killers have figured out to do. It basically tricks the game into thinking all 5 dc'd.