Borrowed Time & Bubba

I've noticed in several games, that unhooking someone with borrowed time still gets them killed by Bubba's ability. It does block the first tantrum swing, but then they go down when the second connects. The sprint burst is often insufficient to make enough distance.

A basement Bubba is frustrating enough, so having borrowed time active should at least grant a temporary escape. Maybe the invincibility could last for the whole duration of BT and not be gone after the first hit or have at least a few seconds of i-frames after the first hit. For the duration of the typical M1 swing cooldown for example.

The point of the perk is to prevent being downed instantly after being unhooked, not to delay it by half a second.

What's your opinion on that?

Comments

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250412#Comment_2250412

    Irrelevant to the discussion at hand. As I said, I am not SWF so anything regarding that has nothing to do with me. Solo survivor is weaker than killer, or at the very worst, even.

    It is relevant.

    The answer is, of course, that there aren't enough Killers.

    This is because of a disparity where Killers can be good against Solo's but AWFUL against Duo's or above.

    Solo Survivor needs to be buffed with information and most Killers will need buffs after that.

    Even then, Killer is much more emotionally and mentally exhausting, but those changes would help queue times and in turn, result in less frustrated players feeding into a toxic system.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250416#Comment_2250416

    It is relevant.

    The answer is, of course, that there aren't enough Killers.

    This is because of a disparity where Killers can be good against Solo's but AWFUL against Duo's or above.

    Solo Survivor needs to be buffed with information and most Killers will need buffs after that.

    Even then, Killer is much more emotionally and mentally exhausting, but those changes would help queue times and in turn, result in less frustrated players feeding into a toxic system.

    It’s relevant to discussing queue times, yes, but I don’t think it has any relevance to facecamping.

    I agree that solo survivor should be buffed, personally I think if kindred was basekit, as I have argued for in the past, it would be even.

    I agree that a lot of killers need buffs. I would happily accept and advocate buffs for Legion, Pig, Trapper, Myers, Trickster, Clown, Hillbilly and Ghost Face. Freddy’s base kit is fine, but his add ons need buffed. If they were doing this, they’d also need to remove some of the outdated add ons these killers have, such as tombstone piece for Myers and Pig add ons that make it impossible for players to check every box before dying.

  • Also, they already have an anti-camping mechanic in the game for PH’s cages. A similar system being implemented, perhaps with a longer time for the survivor to move wouldn’t weaken regular killers, but stop the standing still.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    Also, they already have an anti-camping mechanic in the game for PH’s cages. A similar system being implemented, perhaps with a longer time for the survivor to move wouldn’t weaken regular killers, but stop the standing still.

    It'd be abused.

  • I don’t think it would if the time to move was increased from the cages. If it was around 20 seconds, survivors would have a hard time abusing it.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    I’ll never understand how facecamping (not proxy camping) with Bubba isn’t taking the game hostage. It really shouldn’t be allowed, because 99% of Bubba players commit to one person for the entire game, then facecamp them after being run around. The game is punishing survivors for doing well in a chase.

    Because taking the game hostage is force a player to disconect in a infinite match, example: bodyblock in a corner forever.

    While the match ends is not taking hostage.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250449#Comment_2250449

    I don’t think it would if the time to move was increased from the cages. If it was around 20 seconds, survivors would have a hard time abusing it.

    There are situations where you need to camp

  • @Yogerman1997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250129#Comment_2250129

    Because taking the game hostage is force a player to disconect in a infinite match, example: bodyblock in a corner forever.

    While the match ends is not taking hostage.

    I had a teammate do that to me once. And when he got hooked I didn't even bother saving him, then I ended up getting hatch. 😁

  • There are none when you need to stand still directly at the hook. Not once have I advocated against proxy camping.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250467#Comment_2250467

    There are none when you need to stand still directly at the hook. Not once have I advocated against proxy camping.

    PH cages affect proxy'ing.

    You'd have to code one hell of a system and tbh I don't think BHVR is capable of it

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250470#Comment_2250470

    PH cages affect proxy'ing.

    You'd have to code one hell of a system and tbh I don't think BHVR is capable of it

    Ultimately, that’s just technological limitations. Regardless, I stand by my point that it shouldn’t be a feature in the game to be able to stand still.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250467#Comment_2250467

    There are none when you need to stand still directly at the hook. Not once have I advocated against proxy camping.

    Well, if all the gens are done, killer don't have a why to leave the hook area.

    Doing that is letting them unhook and go to the exit door for free.

    While camping that guy you atleast secure 1 kill, and maybe two if someone decide to unhook alone.


    But hey, is not like is impossible to unhook a camped survivor.

    You only need another survivor who take the first hit / unhook him after you take the hit.


    If you guys are unable to do a cooperative save is not the killer fault.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250223#Comment_2250223

    Developers have put many unfair & unfun mechanics in the game over the years, they aren’t infallible. The thing, you’re turning this entire argument to be about a definition, rather than addressing the fact that survivors are being punished for performing well in the chase. It’s fine if you never go down in a chase every game, but 99.9% of people will go down from time to time.

    Can You define for me the difference in punishment for a survivor going down after a minute or two compared to one that is downed after a few seconds?

    I simply don't get what a face camping bubba has to do with a survivor doing well in any form.

  • @Yogerman1997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250470#Comment_2250470

    Well, if all the gens are done, killer don't have a why to leave the hook area.

    Doing that is letting them unhook and go to the exit door for free.

    While camping that guy you atleast secure 1 kill, and maybe two if someone decide to unhook alone.

    But hey, is not like is impossible to unhook a camped survivor.

    You only need another survivor who take the first hit / unhook him after you take the hit.

    If you guys are unable to do a cooperative save is not the killer fault.

    If you need to consistently stand still at the hook to get a kill, you’re in the wrong rank.

    I agree, killers don’t have a reason to leave the area, but not leaving the area isn’t the same as standing still.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250233#Comment_2250233

    Can You define for me the difference in punishment for a survivor going down after a minute or two compared to one that is downed after a few seconds?

    I simply don't get what a face camping bubba has to do with a survivor doing well in any form.

    If a survivor is going down in two seconds, they’re probably not going to pip at red rank anyway. This is hurting players who are actually good at the chase.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250244#Comment_2250244

    Rotary hooks are irrelevant for Bubba, as his attack can cover the entire hook and instadown. Obviously, a face camping Trapper isn’t going to cause the same issue. It’s specifically with Bubba that there is a problem, as a Bubba facecamping on his first down is making it extremely hard for survivors to pip. Killers shouldn’t have this control over the pipping system of the other side.

    Sorry but the argument of pipping here holds not much value for me. Survivor are also able to finish gens in less than 4 minutes and combined with stealth can deny killer any chance of pipping. So killer have to always play with that in mind, a reason why ruin and other gen slowdown perks are meta. So why don't survivor have to always play with a camping killer in mind?

    Both cases aren't the norm and since just because one needs the corporation and teamwork of the group vs the individual being able to employ such strategy on their own it is more prevalent. But since the group can't be expected to develop such behaviour you ask for the punishment for the individual, whose role is already more stressful and void of being able to play with friends. If even half of these cries for punishment of the killer would go through, the game would collapse even further than it already is given queue time differences at certain times of the day without the influence of real life daily cicles.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250522#Comment_2250522

    If a survivor is going down in two seconds, they’re probably not going to pip at red rank anyway. This is hurting players who are actually good at the chase.

    It seems that pipping is more of a personal wincondition of yours more than anything. Why is it so important to pop at all after reaching rank 1? You already are/were at the peak and nothing comes after that and nothing special is gained from it. Even as a status symbol it lost most of its worth after the change to ruin and the influx of people reaching this rank without the proper skill for it. That is the reason for the matchmaking problems we have right now, most people can reach red ranks or even rank one simply by investing enough time solely into dbd.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250270#Comment_2250270

    All these arguments are extremely easy to dismantle, which I will gladly do.

    1. Bodyblocking the killer is extremely risky for survivors to do, and will fail almost every time fail in solo queue. I’m not talking about SWF, because it has nothing to do w me as I only play duo occasionally. There are MANY perks to counter altruism wrt bodyblocking. Namely starstruck, infection, agitation, etc. The only perk for survivors to help with facecamping is deliverance which is useless if you get chased first, and requires you to use DS too or you’ll get put right back on the hook. Same with flashlight saves, but they’re even easier to deal with than bodyblocking. A killer has to play poorly to be blinded when picking up, which is fair balance.
    2. I’m fully aware that Bubba is at strongest when not standing still, I’m not arguing that facecamping is too strong, only that it’s extremely unfun for the survivor and they will very likely depip when it isn’t their fault.
    3. I am currently a survivor main, but until recently was a killer main. I played Bubba quite a lot, and he absolutely is extremely easy to play. I don’t mind this, as this ease of use doesn’t translate to 4ks every game like Spirit. Nowhere have I ever argued Bubba is too strong.
    4. What you describe in your example is not facecamping, and not at all related to what I am discussing. My complaints are exclusively with standing still at the hook.
    5. Yes, I am fine with punishing Bubba’s more for facecamping without it being bannable as long as it’s effective. I also think deliverance should give you BT, but that’s another discussion.

    Funny enough, the idea that Deliverance should give you Borrow Time would be fine for me too. I like that Perk and it should be more viable. Rewards good play, broken status is a harsh downside and I like Adam as a character.

    Bodyblocking is risky? Not is is not. The Killer is at its weakest when carrying a survivor. They move slower, they can not in full control their movement and there is the good old Deadhard (and no, I am not advocating for nerfing Deadhard, it is a fine perk as it is). A coordinated bodyblock is not risky at all as the Killer is stunned when it is successful or you can run away when you notice that it is not going to work / is dropping the person. Arguing with Perks will only throw this debate of as it would lead to me pointing to suvivor perks / tools for bodyblocking.

    Sure it requires a good perception of where the next hook is and how far you can go here. But mostly the time when the Killer carries the survivor is you time to act.

    I was also not talking about a single flashlight. I was talking about chain lightburn. Flashlight saves are fine and yes, they punish a player for not sluging when they should. However you as a survivor main should know that some Flashlights especialy with add-ons can literaly blind a Killer from behind and you can do it again and again.

    I did not say that you consider Bubba OP. Do not play strawman with me. I quoted you on Bubba having no skill, which is not true. I merly pointed out that there is more to his power then standing still and that you are basicly arguing against a bad player doing bad things with a otherwise fine killer.

    Bubba as a killer is being abused here and we should not fan the flames against him. His design is fine, allows for counterplay and he presents an easy yet effective and enjoyable killer. To be honest I have more experience with facecamping Huntresses than Bubbas.

    We agree with the "standing still in front of the hook" thing thou. It is bad and should not be this present in the game. The thing is that the countermesure needs to be effective. Maybe we need a combination of punishment for the bad play and reward for the "good" play.

  • @Brhoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2249177#Comment_2249177

    Please stop spewing that nonsense, a camping Bubba getting an early-down means an EZ 4k for him with noed and bitter murmur.

    Again, this myth of camping means a loss for the killer because the team didn't rush gens is nothing but lies disproven by Otz and multiple forum members here who main Bubba as a camping killer

    If everyone else gets killed by NOED instead of gen rushing, that's on them. Let 1 other person die to NOED, if it's you, accept your death. There's nothing you can do about it.

    And also, the situation Otz had was different. That was a comp game, and Otz wanted the Bubba to camp. It was also the map RNG that screwed the survivors over.

1 2 ›