An idea for the Raccoon City Police Department

As much as I love the new map as an RE fan I understand people don't like it. I'm one of those who don't care on how it feels gameplay wise but I still follow all that stuff on if its good or bad. I have an idea to maybe help and I want thoughts on it. My idea is to have 3 variations of the R.P.D. First lets talk about only 2 of them. Both of them have the main hall in it but there is only 1 side of the R.P.D open. You know how there is 2 areas on the sides of the main hall. Make 2 variations where one is one side and the main hall and the other variation is the other side and the main hall. Now I did mention a 3rd variation of the map that I will say I thought of this one SPECIFICALLY for Kill Your Friends/Custom Games. That 3th variation is the one we have right now in case someone like me or something wants to play on that version and I would 100% choose to be on that version in a KYF. Thoughts?

Comments

  • I'd personally just like if they added colored painted lines on the floor leading to certain areas. Like, blue lines lead to stairs, red lines lead from the main lobby to the corners of the map, you know. Things that you can follow to get to important locations quickly instead of awkwardly fumbling around looking for a way up to the second floor.

  • @Altarf said:

    I'd personally just like if they added colored painted lines on the floor leading to certain areas. Like, blue lines lead to stairs, red lines lead from the main lobby to the corners of the map, you know. Things that you can follow to get to important locations quickly instead of awkwardly fumbling around looking for a way up to the second floor.

    It would be helpful, they could also widen the corridors a little bit too.

  • My thoughts are: yes please. I also suggested something like this. 💪

  • They should have made it so it had indoor and outdoor areas but with certain parts blocked off, so it gave the illusion that it is bigger than what it looks.

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247182#Comment_2247182

    It would be helpful, they could also widen the corridors a little bit too.

    They won't do stuff like change the size of things.

  • I know, just wishful thinking

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    As much as I love the new map as an RE fan I understand people don't like it. I'm one of those who don't care on how it feels gameplay wise but I still follow all that stuff on if its good or bad. I have an idea to maybe help and I want thoughts on it. My idea is to have 3 variations of the R.P.D. First lets talk about only 2 of them. Both of them have the main hall in it but there is only 1 side of the R.P.D open. You know how there is 2 areas on the sides of the main hall. Make 2 variations where one is one side and the main hall and the other variation is the other side and the main hall. Now I did mention a 3rd variation of the map that I will say I thought of this one SPECIFICALLY for Kill Your Friends/Custom Games. That 3th variation is the one we have right now in case someone like me or something wants to play on that version and I would 100% choose to be on that version in a KYF. Thoughts?

    So like an a ward and b ward heave one quarter of the building collapsed so you can't enter it they would have to re do the gen placement tho

  • @Altarf said:

    I'd personally just like if they added colored painted lines on the floor leading to certain areas. Like, blue lines lead to stairs, red lines lead from the main lobby to the corners of the map, you know. Things that you can follow to get to important locations quickly instead of awkwardly fumbling around looking for a way up to the second floor.

    Instead of....learning the map? You want literal signposts?

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/255149/an-idea-for-the-raccoon-city-police-department

    So like an a ward and b ward heave one quarter of the building collapsed so you can't enter it they would have to re do the gen placement tho

    Well it wouldnt be collapsed. Just locked off with a gate and locked doors like the game. It'd be kinda like the Badham variations just simpler to learn. The gen placements shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247182#Comment_2247182

    Instead of....learning the map? You want literal signposts?

    The Hospital has signs all over the place leading to certain areas.

  • If you think about it, this map is kinda flawed. Some people hate big maps and some people hate indoor maps so I can agree with your idea