Trickster is still unplayable, where are the buffs?

I am tired of getting genrushed to hell on this abyssmal killer, he has no map pressure and his knifethrowing is far inferior to the gameplay of either Deathslinger or Huntress - two 110% killers who only need to hit a single projectile to deal the same damage compared to Trickster's inaccurate and sloppy 8 knives which don't even stick in terms of damage if he fails at finishing the job.

He needs serious buffs to be even considered playable at this point.

BHVR, could you PLEASE finally acknowledge how terrible this killer is? I cannot comprehend how you didn't consider him worthy of any follow-up buffs during the last patch, I sincerely hope the Nemesis release will come with drastic changes to this sad excuse of a killer.


Here are various suggestions on how to approach the matter:

1) Remove any slowdowns from taking out his knives (keep him at 110% while using his power).

2) Reduce the required number of knife hits to 6.

3) Increase his movespeed to 115%.

4) Allow him to store his power (Main Event) freely.

5) Make his purple addon (bouncy blades) basekit on him.

6) Force survivors to "mend" to pull out the knives.

7) Remove the laceration decay entirely.

Comments

  • Damn bro got me excited there, thought Lord_Tony came back from the dead

  • Trickster is playable. Weak, but you can still win if you're good as him.

  • holy #########, if you didn't slow down when pulling out knives, moved at 115, AND only had to hit 6 knives, trickster would EASILY be worse than old legion. that is an AWFUL suggestion. and that's not even mentioning all of the other changes.

    what could you possibly do against that in chase beside just accept fate and eventually die? lmfaoo what the hell.

    unless you're suggesting doing only one of these, then I misunderstood. but all of those changes combined would make for easily the most unfun killer to play against in dbd history.

  • Yes, totally unplayable. Got my adept with him (rank 1), but totally unplayable. /s

    Still, I'm not against your suggestions, esp 3. to 6., but I would say not all of them together. Like, if the meter does not decay, the amount of blades required should not be reduced.

  • @Shroompy said:

    Damn bro got me excited there, thought Lord_Tony came back from the dead

    Who?

  • trickster is fine (at least if you can aim well). not every killer needs to be top 10 material

    though, i do sort of agree with the main event change

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://youtu.be/yQ9PqbrzJc8

    TrIcKsTeR iS uNpLaYaBlE

    showing a video of facing bad survivors isn't anything to do with trickster. The average skill-level of Tricksters is like playing vs rank 20 baby nurses in some matches in terms of difficulty in escaping. Winning as trickster relies on facing some really bad survivors in at the chase and at gens. he is weak but no killer is really non-viable with this matchmaking.

  • Judging off how they have handled previous chapters, expect buffs next midchapter

  • He’s definitely in a bad state. Just play Huntress.

  • Eh. He's alright. Better than legion and trapper.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2241653#Comment_2241653

    That's such an easy argument to make. "Oh ThEy WeRe BaD. It PrOvEs NoThInG" I 4k with him WAY more then I have escapes. So you're telling me out of all my matchs. Out of ALL of the red ranks I face. EVERY single one of them is bad ? Ok then. I can literally pin point several spots that match. Where even the best survivors are ######### in that match.

    i mean, your face camping hooks and these survivors have finished a total of 1 gen.... in 8 minutes. at the rate that they're going, they'll need about 45 minutes to finish the game and your using this game to prove that trickster is good killer? I am not sure why they balance killers for this level but whatever.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242450#Comment_2242450

    It was literally the first match I recorded. I can do 100 other games with the same result.

    It is bogus stuff. i mean there is people that have like 6000 hours like otz, he tried to do a 50 winstreak and he landed on 36. Not that this means anything because like I said, red ranks are so watered down now and any killer is good when their opponents are not impressive to say the least. Even looking at his kit on paper, He is not very strong and needs some improvements. Its kinda funny how survivor mains think the post is a joke post when Trickster really is that bad vs good teams. good thing there is a lot of survivor players that make him look good.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242520#Comment_2242520

    So 36 wins from otz doesn't show he's very usable ? Alrighty then...You realize your argument applies to every character but spirit, nurse, and blight mostly right..?

    Is oni strong ? Yeap..But against good teams that deny his first hit for a long time ? Nope...

    Is huntress strong ? Yeap..But against good teams that can juke hatchets well..? Nope.

    Is deathslinger strong ? Yeap..But against good teams that can break LOS enough to deny hits as long as possible..? Nope.

    Is blight strong ? Yes...But against good teams that can juke you and put objects in between you...? Nope

    I can go on and on..There's literally only 2 characters that can get their hits at will against GOOD teams. That's spirit and nurse. Blight to an extent but he can be juked and can have objects survivors go around cuck him. 

    I never said he was not usable. I said he is weak and only beats weak survivor teams. Other killers have ways to mitigate their weaknesses, like yes, an Oni that just chases safe loops will be unable to land a first hit, but he can use perks to mitigate his weakness or understand loop strength from weaker non-chase m1 killers(Like Legion) to earn his first hit. So while Oni has weak early game, he isn't powerless and that goes for all the killers you named.

    Trickster really is weak, he does very little damage(16 knives), he is pretty slow movement in throwing mode(this allows you to LOS him easily), survivors have free healing Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe against his power and freely heal over-time passively for any chase that he does not finish with 8 or 16 knives. He has little control very little control over main event, his main event slow hims and he gets self-stun after it is over. Its like some survivor main balanced the killer. He probably has the worst iri add-on ever(Death Throes Compilation ) aka speed limiter for Trickster. Just a mess for a killer.

    Its no wonder why playing survivor vs him is laughable.

  • He will be buffed in the mid chapter. The devs announced that from now on each mid chapter will be dedicated to rebalancing and buffing killers from last chapter so after resident evil comes out the mid chapter will be about trickster

  • @whycantIwin said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ScT_IVl0w

    HD coming whenever youtube will want it.

    I still believe he is the weakest killer unless you have 1000s of hours into killer specifically. Meaning as you said 99% of killer users won't have a good time vs survivors with decent looping abilities.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242202#Comment_2242202

    Yeap. That's exactly how it works. People love spewing out what their favorite streamer says. When blight first got his rework. I used him and quickly started to tell anyone who listened he was S-Tier. And I was told how wrong I was. And now here we are after the popular streamers finally caught on.

    I've been saying Wraith is A-Tier WITH add ons and a good player behind him. And I just keep being told "wraith is still wraith". I'm waiting for the big boys to say how good he is just once and this will be popular opinion soon enough

    Trickster is no different. He's VERY usable with some good aim. I had someone literally count the average number of blades it took to down someone in my video...It was 33. I'm using murderous melody so that's 7 per health state. That means I'm downing someone with 14 out of 33 shots. That means I'm roughly hitting 50 %. No one is claiming he's OP. But to claim he's unusable is just flat out wrong. I'll continue to argue trapper, legion, Myers, piggy are in worse states

    Or you know you could just play Slinger or Huntress and instantly take a health state. How do you not see the massive gap in power? Also, there is no way Piggy is worse than trickster. Even with sub par rng, she is able to slow down the match. Trickster has nothing to do that.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242506#Comment_2242506

    Careful. You're not supposed to prove trickster is even half decent. And if you do. People will just blame it on bad survivors

    literally what happens 90% of the time

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242669#Comment_2242669

    Where did I ever say he was huntress or slinger level ? No I said he's very usable. Which he is. People act like you can't get a single kill with him. And thats just not true. Piggy is worse. I'll take trickster making pallets, windows, loops unsafe. Over pigs slowdown any day. I can cuck a pig for days at loops and with pallets. Trickster not so much

    So then he’s pointless. Why would anyone want to play a killer that does their job, but far worse? Trickster is a complete design failure.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242758#Comment_2242758

    So then he’s pointless. Why would anyone want to play a killer that does their job, but far worse? Trickster is a complete design failure.

    The one thing that makes him unique is main event yet or sucks it doesn’t make him stronger and it hurts him more than it helps