Why You Do Not Wanna Nerf Spirit?
I am asking to who does not wanna that. Why you do not wanna fair counterplay. Do not nerf her powers, just give her counterplay. Most people wants just this.
When she phasing, she can not see you. But also you have no idea what she doing. But she can hear you as well and if she has good headset + Stridor = You are Dead!
But if you have headset + Iron Will = You are still Dead. How fair and fun.
Spirit works with voices and her power work with voices. And she can see your scratchs ofcourse but voices more important. So i think she has to counterplay with that: Voices. If she can hear us, we also have to hear her. Her breath or footsteps. And then chase will turn to mindgames. Who makes better will win, survivor or Spirit. That will not kill her but she will have fair counterplay.
Comments
because it would be hard to without putting her in the ground. People want spirit to give information which is what she is exactly not supposed to give you.
Not really. She’s strong enough to where if they gave her counterplay with buffs to compensate then she’ll be fine.
Make her %115 and give her fair counterplay. Because for now Spirit = Easy 4 Kills.
People want a tell she is using her power. Spirit is meant to be hard to track not Impossible
I want her changed, but I also want her to still be as strong she is now. Which is a tall order, I admit, but if it's a choice between a straight up nerf that gives her counterplay but makes her the new Pig, or leaving her the same, I'd rather leave her the same.
Not that such a choice even needs to be made, it's so easy just to give her basic tells as evidenced by the breathing bug. The Devs gave her basic counterplay and a genuinely fun addition to her kit completely by accident.
Edit: seriously, Devs, can we please have that bug back? It was so fun trying to trick survivors into vaulting back into me, and a good Spirit could just brute force through it because of basic human reaction time so it really wasn't a nerf anyway.
Edit edit: pretty please?
because they secretly main spirit or can only reckt survivor using that. that's the only reason i could tought of. I used to hate someone talking bad about spirit and said he's OP, but trying other killer realized me on that.
Ok so if spirit giving information to the survivor is not the right way to nerf her what about limiting the amount of information she gets? Would that be fair?
Thanks for explaining, oh seer of killers, who divines what killers are supposed to do for us simpletons. Spirit is bs.
Yea that is understandable. When Freddy reworked, i felt sad. I was loving Old Freddy but people were complaining about him so much. He was making game so slow. And then people hated New Freddy too. And i felt sad again when he get nerfed. People do not wanna lose their favour killers or perks but for game healthy, that has to be happen.
wait a second why were people complaining about old freddy wasn't he weak.
My favorite idea of nerfing spirit that I've seen is this
I like this because it would require people to be very attentive of their surroundings like they are with stealth killers.
I don't think I gone against Spirit during those times she was bugged so I don't know what it was like to play against. I do know that it gave survivors something to work with which was awesome.
People was using Freddy like normal m1 killers, that was reason people was thought he is weak. But he was never. He needed some buffs. For example teleporting would be perfect for him. But Freddy was not weak, when you learn him as well, he was good killer. And he was only one who makes game so slow. Tinkerer + Ruin was works so well for him.
Many times I see people asking for a way to know when the Spirit is using its power... I don't know, it seems to me that even knowing if it is using its power or not, it will be practically the same. You will keep doing random things (use a pallet and pray Spirit is on the other side of the pallet, vault a window, etc.), many times when a Survivor gains distance and I'm standing, it's obvious that I'm using the power, and yet I catch him fast because he doesn't exactly know my location.
The biggest problem I see with nerfing it (or doing something that adds counterplay) would be the SWFs. Currently against a good SWF most of the time you are only going to get a good amount of bloodpoints and you are going to have several hooks (even do a 4K) with the Nurse and the Spirit.
Basically nerfing the Spirit would be the same as buffing the SWF, and that seems like a problem to me, but it's true that the Spirit cannot continue like this forever, but it's also a problem that the developers said a long time ago that they were going to make changes to the early game of the game to avoid the genrush in early, and here we are... (I say this last because it would be a good nerf to SWFs that are divided between generators and genrush at the beginning of the game).
I don't want her nerfed, I want her reworked to actually be interactive, I don't care how strong she is if she's actually satisfying to play against and there's actually room for counterplay.
Generators another problem my friend, killers stucked on same perks (Ruin, POP, Undying, Corrupt, Tinkerer etc) because losing 3 gens in early game is problem and even with this perks you can lose generators. I do not think devs will fix that. But Spirit is also problem, she is unhealthy for game.
Would that idea by Otzdarva ages ago work? Because although I don't like Spirit I don't want her to suffer The Hillbilly treatment.
what was this idea I don't watch otz
Because it continues to set the precedent that killers can't be strong, and that the end result of the match should always be in the survivor's hands.
He made a balance patch idea while back where while phasing you will get a glimpse of Spirit's current location. And are you a Spirit main?
Yeah same. She needs just counterplays. I do not wanna kill her.
I think Spirit gameplay have to be voices. She can not see survivors but voices and scratchs helping her. Survivors also can not see her when she phasing. So i think survivors also have to hear her, maybe breath or footsteps. That will support mindgames againts her and atleast you will know she is near you or not.
Games should always have hard, normal or easy mode. I mean with Spirit if you play against good SWFs you won't get a easy mode anyway. But why must all killers be around the same level? With that said I don't play Spirit because I don't find her that fun. And as mostly survivor Spirit is not that fun to play against, but nerf? No let that be hard mode for survivors.
hmmmmmm. One of my personal wants for spirit is for her to feel more like a ghost which is one of the reasons I like zixology's idea a lot. This could work but timing is a really important thing unless its randomized because spirit's regular phase without add-ons is actually quite short. Also yes I am.
What would it do to Spirit if, purely hypothetically speaking, she hears sounds non-directionally when phasing, instead of hearing everything like normal?
It reduces makes the information she gets, but I feel like it may also be overkill. Thoughts?
Because I enjoy reading new "nerf Spirit" posts 30 times per day
That's what I worry about. She's my favorite killer to play as and against and so if they nerf her in a way where they tear her apart I'm going to be sad.
Theres a difference between nerfing and counterplay. I think most people want to give her counterplay, not nerf her.
Killers should be a threat, but not because they remove survivor agency in chases. Oni is a terrifying threat in good hands and he obeys the rules, Doc has a decent anti loop but can be outplayed by predicting where he'll shock, and so on for most killers in the game. With Spirit you're only winning the chase/losing the killer in ANY situation if the killer is bad. It's as simple as that.
I've said this a million times and I know some people on here agree with me but...
I don't want Spirit "nerfed" I want her to be more enjoyable to play against and have more dynamic chases. How would you do that? I dunno, but I'm not a gameplay designer.
Right now, especially as a solo player, Spirit makes me stop playing survivor for the day, and I also don't enjoy playing her as killer as I find her way too strong for how little effort I have to put in. The threat of even going up against Spirit the like (slinger) is enough to actively make me not want to play at all, in the same way that I might get Hawkins or Midwich as killer.
I know how to fix Spirit without killing her.
Make her 115%, increase TR to 32m, make the shards glow brighter when she phases, give her Wraith's cloak aura while she phases so players know what she's doing, lock breathing and grunting sounds to 50% when she phases so Stridor doesn't help her and Iron Will doesn't bum her. Bam, Spirit can now be countered.
She'll be the same, and good Spirits will actually be better with this take of Spirit, and she'll have consistent counterplay.
Because I genuinely don't see her as problematic. Survivors have so many terrible habits ingrained in them, and Spirit is uniquely suited to take advantage of them.
Survivors greed gens they can't possibly finish if the killer patrols there after a hook. They greed pallets and can get away with it against weaker killers. They have poor game sense because most killers declare their true position at all times.
If survivors just practiced good habits like making good initial distance, using map resources to create 50/50 plays, and working on generators efficiently, the average Spirit wouldn't be so intimidating.
I'm always baffled when I hook a survivor, get a BBQ proc, and phase hit a survivor near a gen with 20% progress. Like...why? What possible upside is there for you to be within 15 meters of that gen when I've just hooked a survivor? Stop giving free hits. You could cheat towards a pallet, drop it and force a break if I actually patrol there since my power is on cooldown, and literally have a 20 second chase minimjm to start by doing next to nothing.