Why is there foot sliding

Man I didn't know Blight was an ice skater seriously why is it that I can be touching an object excepting a slam to happen but instead Blight says nah let's just rub against it why is Blight sliding is it a glitch or intentional because if it's intentional it's stupid.

Comments

  • blight is actually 80% warm butter and so slides off of most objects accordingly.

  • Honestly I'm debating making a big mega-thread documenating the worst surfaces (and maps) for blight but I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort and suffering

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Honestly I'm debating making a big mega-thread documenating the worst surfaces (and maps) for blight but I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort and suffering

    @Bloodshade made a megathread about blight's issues on console and within about a month (and maybe a bit) most, if not all, of these issues were fixed. i think it's worth it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236590#Comment_2236590

    @Bloodshade made a megathread about blight's issues on console and within about a month (and maybe a bit) most, if not all, of these issues were fixed. i think it's worth it.

    Oh no that's not what I meant

    I mean worth it for me to go through every map and try to figure out which surfaces are the worst. It'll probably take an eternity. There's also some weird inconsistancies where sometimes you slide and sometimes you don't.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    blight is actually 80% warm butter and so slides off of most objects accordingly.

    Cream.

    Not a salt, not a liquid, but a dainty cream that covers everything smoothly and easily.

    And what an eyeful they're gonna get! Mmmm-hmm!

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236586#Comment_2236586

    Cream.

    Not a salt, not a liquid, but a dainty cream that covers everything smoothly and easily.

    And what an eyeful they're gonna get! Mmmm-hmm!

    image.png

    //

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236594#Comment_2236594

    McLean has a section in his discord called "McLean fix it" where you can post bug reports. I think he actually asked on stream once for people to collect clips of slidey surfaces and such so that he can work on them when he's able.

    So if you do end up doing such a thing, perhaps try going there.

    Thanks for the heads up! I don't use discord but I'm sure if I made a thread here someone would be kind enough to post it there

    That is if I end up doing it, still not sure

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    blight is actually 80% warm butter and so slides off of most objects accordingly.

    “I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S NOT BLIGHT-ER!”

  • They need to fix his sliding. He's so much worse because of it.

  • @Beelzeboop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2236586#Comment_2236586

    Cream.

    Not a salt, not a liquid, but a dainty cream that covers everything smoothly and easily.

    And what an eyeful they're gonna get! Mmmm-hmm!

    Nah, an eyeful hurts and might give an infection

  • Him sliding off some shack walls makes him pretty lethal at shack if you know how to use it in your favor.

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    Him sliding off some shack walls makes him pretty lethal at shack if you know how to use it in your favor.

    How is he lethal at shack if he just slides against the wall like an idiot.

  • Blight needs to chant "WAX On...WAX Off" before each match

  • @jamally093 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2237370#Comment_2237370

    How is he lethal at shack if he just slides against the wall like an idiot.

    This is part of the Surf Tech or what you wanna call it, if you slide along an object you can turn up to around 180° degrees around it.

  • @jamally093 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2237370#Comment_2237370

    How is he lethal at shack if he just slides against the wall like an idiot.

    There are some walls that you can actually consistently bounce on. For instance the wall on the right of the pallet door. You can hit that wall, then rush around the window wall of shack, because you slide off that wall you can turn towards shack as you slide, meaning you will 100% be able to hug around the entire other side of shack, which catches a lot of survivors off guard since they're not expecting you to be able to hug shack so well. You can do the same from the other side. This is literally impossible in normal non slidy shack.

    This is just an example. You can test it out yourself and you'll see how awesome it is to be able to curve around shack really tightly because of this.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244996#Comment_2244996

    This is part of the Surf Tech or what you wanna call it, if you slide along an object you can turn up to around 180° degrees around it.

    Exactly! I didn't know this was the name of it, but yeah. you can use his slidiness to your advantage by turning towards an object and then flicking for an almost 180 degree turn.


  • @NekoTorvic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245021#Comment_2245021

    Exactly! I didn't know this was the name of it, but yeah. you can use his slidiness to your advantage by turning towards an object and then flicking for an almost 180 degree turn.

    I knew it under the names of Surfing, Prop Surfing or Surf Tech. You can also do it on cars, to hit around the whole car. Basically all slippery objects. They recently said, they fixed sliding off of objects but it did not really seem like it changed much at all. Many objects still have the wrong colliders or physics materials. The new maps as well. It seems like they succeeded in disabling J-Flick though. Most people who complained about it had no idea about other things like surfing to get more angle. Dont think J-Flick was a huge problem. Its sometimes really annoying to have many inconsistency's with blights power. Like for example the double stun where he throws the syringe twice. Or sliding of an sliding object, causing you to fail your rush get stunned and need to wait until you can rush again.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245758#Comment_2245758

    I knew it under the names of Surfing, Prop Surfing or Surf Tech. You can also do it on cars, to hit around the whole car. Basically all slippery objects. They recently said, they fixed sliding off of objects but it did not really seem like it changed much at all. Many objects still have the wrong colliders or physics materials. The new maps as well. It seems like they succeeded in disabling J-Flick though. Most people who complained about it had no idea about other things like surfing to get more angle. Dont think J-Flick was a huge problem. Its sometimes really annoying to have many inconsistency's with blights power. Like for example the double stun where he throws the syringe twice. Or sliding of an sliding object, causing you to fail your rush get stunned and need to wait until you can rush again.

    Mate, I had a long ass discussion with someone here on the forums explaining to them how J flicks were gone and that it's not actually a 180 turn when you just surf around a slippery object and they wouldn't get it XD I almost lost my mind lol.

    Blight's problems get mitigated by just learning what he collides with and what he doesn't...obviously that requires a ridiculous amount of hours tho, but the more you learn the more comfortable it feels to control him.

    To be honest, I kinda prefer the Z flicks they introduced after they killed J flicks. Z flicks work so well to go around medium rocks and other things. Honestly think Blight is currently the strongest he's ever been, which I absolutely love.

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246527#Comment_2246527

    Mate, I had a long ass discussion with someone here on the forums explaining to them how J flicks were gone and that it's not actually a 180 turn when you just surf around a slippery object and they wouldn't get it XD I almost lost my mind lol.

    Blight's problems get mitigated by just learning what he collides with and what he doesn't...obviously that requires a ridiculous amount of hours tho, but the more you learn the more comfortable it feels to control him.

    To be honest, I kinda prefer the Z flicks they introduced after they killed J flicks. Z flicks work so well to go around medium rocks and other things. Honestly think Blight is currently the strongest he's ever been, which I absolutely love.

    xD Damn, yeah the forums can be a hard place sometimes.

    Yes that's true, the thing is they keep changing what objects are and aren't slippery and there are so many maps that it becomes quite hard to even hit all the objects in normal gameplay. It would be much easier to learn all of that in KYF mode but sadly you can not play it alone to test all of this for hours on hours.

    Oh thanks, i have to look into Z-Flicks than, haven't heard about them yet.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247546#Comment_2247546

    xD Damn, yeah the forums can be a hard place sometimes.

    Yes that's true, the thing is they keep changing what objects are and aren't slippery and there are so many maps that it becomes quite hard to even hit all the objects in normal gameplay. It would be much easier to learn all of that in KYF mode but sadly you can not play it alone to test all of this for hours on hours.

    Oh thanks, i have to look into Z-Flicks than, haven't heard about them yet.

    It is kinda sad how there aren't any solo custom games. some of us are lonely arseholes who just wanna learn a new killer XD

    Z flicks are actually pretty simple. So they added a hard 90 degree cap when you lunge. However, nothing really stops you from turning multiple times. So essentially you can just turn 90, then another 90. If you do it fast enough you can do pretty consistent 180s, or at least very very tight turns. You can do this on controller too apparently.

    It's super useful to get those extra few degrees after surfing, or to get around medium objects like rocks and tables entirely.

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248425#Comment_2248425

    It is kinda sad how there aren't any solo custom games. some of us are lonely arseholes who just wanna learn a new killer XD

    Z flicks are actually pretty simple. So they added a hard 90 degree cap when you lunge. However, nothing really stops you from turning multiple times. So essentially you can just turn 90, then another 90. If you do it fast enough you can do pretty consistent 180s, or at least very very tight turns. You can do this on controller too apparently.

    It's super useful to get those extra few degrees after surfing, or to get around medium objects like rocks and tables entirely.

    :D Exactly, they are introducing basic bot matches next patch though, so maybe there is hope, that we can choose every killer with all add-ons and a map in the future, since now it seems like predefined, the system copies the perks from your killer though, i believe.

    I see, i believe i understand how to do it, i also saw a video on it. So basically its a multi frame flick, you have to reach max degrees every frame. But it is completely irrelevant what you do while you are at it ? So you don't have to give a input in the other direction or something to reset the cap !?

  • So you would have to give constant input, like Oni's dash for example.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    So you would have to give constant input, like Oni's dash for example.

    Or stutter back and forth while lifting your mouse if you have dpi not high enough to reach 90 without doing some distance on your mousepad.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248460#Comment_2248460

    :D Exactly, they are introducing basic bot matches next patch though, so maybe there is hope, that we can choose every killer with all add-ons and a map in the future, since now it seems like predefined, the system copies the perks from your killer though, i believe.

    I see, i believe i understand how to do it, i also saw a video on it. So basically its a multi frame flick, you have to reach max degrees every frame. But it is completely irrelevant what you do while you are at it ? So you don't have to give a input in the other direction or something to reset the cap !?

    You don't have to imput in any other direction. You just have to flick to 90, then flick again, then flick again if you can.

    Some people with high dpi can do a very smooth motion and do 2 90 degree flicks almost instantly which looks like a 180, but then they still can fully adjust as long as they're lunging. I can't do it as smoothly, I just flick, lift my mouse, move it back, flick again, and repeat, cuz I have a minuscule mouse pad XD

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248485#Comment_2248485

    You don't have to imput in any other direction. You just have to flick to 90, then flick again, then flick again if you can.

    Some people with high dpi can do a very smooth motion and do 2 90 degree flicks almost instantly which looks like a 180, but then they still can fully adjust as long as they're lunging. I can't do it as smoothly, I just flick, lift my mouse, move it back, flick again, and repeat, cuz I have a minuscule mouse pad XD

    I have to try that when i can play again xD I have 1 500 000 BP in my account and much more banked in the Tome, Dailies and so on. I am waiting for the 5 year event to start so that i can level Nemesis and stock up on the 105% cakes. Would be kind of a waste to just use all of it up. The thing is as soon as i spent only one BP my cap sinks. So i cant just use it sooner and earn it back.

  • People have no idea how much of tiles and map surface is covered in grease until they try to play Blight