Old Coldwind Farm was Better

I can not believe i am saying that but seriously i am missed old Coldwind. New one is just worst. So bright, i can not see easyly. So many times chase music starting randomly but i can not see where is survivor. I am hitting survivor and then i am losing survivor in corns. And pallets on this map so strong.


Why all rework maps are bad for killers. Should we worry for Swamp & Haddonfield?

Comments

  • As I've said on some other threads, welcome to the failure we like to call "The Realm Beyond", which destroys what we love while failing to address actual issues.

  • Yeah... new Coldwind is pretty ass. Just like most other reworked maps.

  • I don't know how they could devolve on the old design, but they did. Coldwind was never my favorite series of maps, but I didn't mind it, and I loved that eerie yellow glow of its unique brand of moonlight.

    New Coldwind? I exist in a perpetual state of confused blindness. Auras? If you squint. Scratch marks? Blend right in. Corn? Haha, no. Even hexes are barely discernable from dull totems save for their crackling. The only thing I like about new Coldwind is the new Thompson House - it has so much more character than the old one and it's a much fairer structure besides. Everything else is exactly the same as it was before, except harder to see through, with those new rounded high rubble loops that completely choke ranged killers, and with everybody's favorite addition of breakable walls. It being prettier doesn't remotely justify the headache it's become for me. Coldwind maps are my new least favorite draws as a killer, sitting neatly beneath Swamp, Haddonfield, and even The Game. I cannot stress how little fun I have on this map. As a survivor, it matters less that I can't see what I'm doing. As a killer... maybe it's just my eyesight, but I cannot deal with this map. The killer's visual aids were built for dark maps, not bright ones.

    I also hate that it's broad daylight from a lore perspective. Whatever happened to perpetual night? At least Glenvale is at dusk.

  • @Laluzi said:

    I don't know how they could devolve on the old design, but they did. Coldwind was never my favorite series of maps, but I didn't mind it, and I loved that eerie yellow glow of its unique brand of moonlight.

    New Coldwind? I exist in a perpetual state of confused blindness. Auras? If you squint. Scratch marks? Blend right in. Corn? Haha, no. Even hexes are barely discernable from dull totems save for their crackling. The only thing I like about new Coldwind is the new Thompson House - it has so much more character than the old one and it's a much fairer structure besides. Everything else is exactly the same as it was before, except harder to see through, with those new rounded high rubble loops that completely choke ranged killers, and with everybody's favorite addition of breakable walls. It being prettier doesn't remotely justify the headache it's become for me. Coldwind maps are my new least favorite draws as a killer, sitting neatly beneath Swamp, Haddonfield, and even The Game. I cannot stress how little fun I have on this map. As a survivor, it matters less that I can't see what I'm doing. As a killer... maybe it's just my eyesight, but I cannot deal with this map. The killer's visual aids were built for dark maps, not bright ones.

    I also hate that it's broad daylight from a lore perspective. Whatever happened to perpetual night? At least Glenvale is at dusk.

    Thank you explain all killer main feels. We all do. All maps reworks coming with worse version. I do not know but are devs know they are losing killer mains? Are they know why survivor queques longer? Still they are making killer experience worse.

  • I don’t understand I never experienced these issues on cold wind and I’m not a survivor main. I’m just saying your kind of overreacting it’s the same map the corn is not that bad and I can still see auras on the map and I love how it’s bright cause it makes cold win unique cause it’s daytime like the saloon map it’s honestly not bad

  • I dislike how they made the map daylight

  • I prefer everything about the maps aside from the breakable walls on Fractured Cowshed, everything else looks nicer and plays the same. I haven't noticed any difference in noticing scratch marks on there when playing killer, which I had to play a lot of killer on those maps the day after the rework, and I've gotta say that it was a good rework for the most part.

    Also on the remark that all map reworks are bad for killer mains, Badham was buffed for killer during the rework, even though it's still slightly survivor favored. The only rework that was undeniably survivor sided was The Game. Lery's is still a strong killer map, the basic three maps had very little changes to their tiles (benefitting both sides almost equally), Yamaoka was just a few breakable walls on the Family Residence's main building, which was surv sided for sure, but Sanctum was untouched, and Ormond was made more killer friendly.