It looks like the 5th Anniversary event will be the exact same as the 4th Anniversary event...

In the Advent Calendar 2020 news post BHVR that they will be "contributing more effort towards our Anniversary & Halloween related events" to make them "truly feel special". They also said that to put more effort into those events, they would be putting less effort into the other events. We saw no Winter event and a smaller Lunar New Year event after the post. So surely the effort they used to put into those events would at least be partially rerouted into the Anniversary event, right? Well apparently not, because the upcoming 5th Anniversary event looks to be the EXACT SAME as the 4th Anniversary event gameplay-wise. The only difference to the 4th Anniversary event is cosmetic, with a slightly different crown, 2 new charms, a toolbox reskin with confetti, and 2 reskinned default outfits. That's all. What happened to putting "more effort" into the Anniversary event? Recycling the same code and reskinning a default outfit is not "more effort". It's less. This event does not look special. It looks lazy, just like the Eternal Blight "event". This suggests that the next Halloween event won't be any better than the last...

Comments

  • I was going to lose weight this year. Yet here we are...

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    I was going to lose weight this year. Yet here we are...

    Same

  • I mean i will just say lets wait and see.

  • For now, I wouldn't get your hopes up (and I mean that generally, not just you) so that way you're not disappointed when the "events" come.

  • At least this charm looks pretty cool

    image.png

    Still would be a terribly lazy event that's not that good, but again at least this charm look cool.

  • @Elena said:

    For now, I wouldn't get your hopes up (and I mean that generally, not just you) so that way you're not disappointed when the "events" come.

    I agree,but BHVR literally said they wanted to put more focus on the anniversary and halloween event.

    And all we see is the same exact event like last year :(

  • Wait, the community challenges will be the same as last year? Didn’t even know we had those…

  • So much for "contributing more effort". If they wanted to recycle an event, they could've chosen a different one at least. 

  • They could have just made it a shirt. Then you could have combined it with the crowns from last year. It just seems that they use crowns bc its almost no work.

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    At least this charm looks pretty cool

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7WGUUP7WD9PL/image.png

    Still would be a terribly lazy event that's not that good, but again at least this charm look cool.

    That looks like Naughty Bear.

    Naughty Bear next killer after Nemesis confirmed.

  • @Mooks said:

    Wait, the community challenges will be the same as last year? Didn’t even know we had those…

    I mean,community challenges sounds fun,until you realize you get pretty much the same rewards that you got for free last year (1 survivor and killer anniversary skin).

    They don't even look that interesting tbh,nothing where i'm like "Wooow,those Skins look amazing i hope we as a community can beat this challenge".

  • They better do something about the perk grind. It's getting unbearable.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226167#Comment_2226167

    I mean,community challenges sounds fun,until you realize you get pretty much the same rewards that you got for free last year (1 survivor and killer anniversary skin).

    They don't even look that interesting tbh,nothing where i'm like "Wooow,those Skins look amazing i hope we as a community can beat this challenge".

    Wait.. I didn’t know the David and Wraith cosmetics were the rewards for the community challenges?? THAT sounds disappointing.

  • I'm not sure you want the anniversary event to change. What we got for Halloween in 2020 was not the same Blighted event we got in 2018 or 2019. Each year the Halloween event has gotten worse and worse, I honestly sighed in relief when I saw they weren't changing the anniversary event. In 2020, the Eternal Blight event was the same as 2019 except with no serum and the fun part of the event was strictly in the archives. I have no problem with putting some of the event in the archives, but it shouldn't be such a massive part of the event that you can play 3 rounds and the event is over for you. That's not cool and it's not fun.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226562#Comment_2226562

    Wait.. I didn’t know the David and Wraith cosmetics were the rewards for the community challenges?? THAT sounds disappointing.

    I think so,yes.

    David and Wraith Anniversary skins + 2 charms.

    I hope i'm wrong though

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226576#Comment_2226576

    I think so,yes.

    David and Wraith Anniversary skins + 2 charms.

    I hope i'm wrong though

    I sincerely hope you are wrong.