How will new rank system work?

I saw something saying everyone will be back to rank 20 and then they will have to climb and how far they climb they get more blood points. I dont think the devs would do this but I also am not sure. Please lmk if this is real or not. thx

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • thats what they have explained. This should start once MMR/SBM comes finally to live.

    ranks will then not be used for matchmaking anymore and i think you can’t depip (not sure on that one?)

  • @Mooks said:

    thats what they have explained. This should start once MMR/SBM comes finally to live.

    ranks will then not be used for matchmaking anymore and i think you can’t depip (not sure on that one?)

    when will that come to live. also does that mean that i wont be rank 3 anymore? didnt they think that removing the ranks would take away the incentive to play. it sounds like your joking but idk what to think anymore 😣

  • @Archerwastaken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221854#Comment_2221854

    when will that come to live. also does that mean that i wont be rank 3 anymore? didnt they think that removing the ranks would take away the incentive to play. it sounds like your joking but idk what to think anymore 😣

    i am not joking.

    they haven’t stated when SBM will come to live servers.

    Yeah that will mean you won’t be rank 3 anymore. But it will also be completely irrelevant which rank you are. Matchmaking will be based on a new hidden rank (that is specific for the different killers you have). And the rank we know now will only be used for the monthly BP rewards. So there you have your incentive to increase your rank and play well.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221858#Comment_2221858

    i am not joking.

    they haven’t stated when SBM will come to live servers.

    Yeah that will mean you won’t be rank 3 anymore. But it will also be completely irrelevant which rank you are. Matchmaking will be based on a new hidden rank (that is specific for the different killers you have). And the rank we know now will only be used for the monthly BP rewards. So there you have your incentive to increase your rank and play well.

    will i have to start with brand new players or will i be matched with people who were higher rank before the change

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221858#Comment_2221858

    i am not joking.

    they haven’t stated when SBM will come to live servers.

    Yeah that will mean you won’t be rank 3 anymore. But it will also be completely irrelevant which rank you are. Matchmaking will be based on a new hidden rank (that is specific for the different killers you have). And the rank we know now will only be used for the monthly BP rewards. So there you have your incentive to increase your rank and play well.

    also when you said specific for different killers what about survivors.

  • Ranks will only be used for BP rewards at the end of the month period, and yes i believe you will always be reset back to rank 20,and you can't depip.

    This will be implemented when MMR is live, in which rank will no longer be used as a measure of skill for matchmaking.

  • @Archerwastaken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221869#Comment_2221869

    will i have to start with brand new players or will i be matched with people who were higher rank before the change

    Matchmaking will be based on a hidden rank. The data for this is already being connected so you should be matched with/against people around your own skill level!


    for survivors there will only be one shared hidden rank, as they are just skins. You can use any perks/items/strategy’s exactly the same on any survivor.

    for killers it’s different, you can be a great Wraith player but struggle with Nurse for example.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221873#Comment_2221873

    Matchmaking will be based on a hidden rank. The data for this is already being connected so you should be matched with/against people around your own skill level!

    for survivors there will only be one shared hidden rank, as they are just skins. You can use any perks/items/strategy’s exactly the same on any survivor.

    for killers it’s different, you can be a great Wraith player but struggle with Nurse for example.

    ohhh ok so i wont have to be matched with new players ok thanks for the help i was really confused and worried

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    Ranks will only be used for BP rewards at the end of the month period, and yes i believe you will always be reset back to rank 20,and you can't depip.

    This will be implemented when MMR is live, in which rank will no longer be used as a measure of skill for matchmaking.

    They give an idea of when MMR is planning to go live?

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221877#Comment_2221877

    They give an idea of when MMR is planning to go live?

    Nope we havent heard any news since they did an mmr test on live servers ages ago :(

  • https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217721/developer-update-january-2021#latest there's more information about the plan with Rank Rewards on this thread.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217721/developer-update-january-2021#latest there's more information about the plan with Rank Rewards on this thread.

    Mandy do we have any word on MMR coming in relation to the rank changes? A lot of people were expecting some kind of an update on where it's currently at in production during the anniversary.

  • I don't have anything yet @Blueberry I know the last 24 hour test did show some issues that had to be worked out, so I'm sure another test will be scheduled for some point, prior to a full release of it.

  • @Mandy said:

    I don't have anything yet @Blueberry I know the last 24 hour test did show some issues that had to be worked out, so I'm sure another test will be scheduled for some point, prior to a full release of it.

    Okay thank you for the update!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221873#Comment_2221873

    It is supposed to work something like this.

    All reset to rank 20 at the end of the rank period your awarded x amount of bloodpoints based on your ranking with rank 1 getting the highest.

    Each killer someone plays with will have their own hidden from players ranking.

    For example I'm a good trapper player so in theory i'd be matched against players who play well against trapper (so something similar to red ranks now except most of them seem to jump in traps every other second)

    I'm a terrible demo player so again in theory i'll be matched with players who are not great against demo)

    These players could be ranked 1 or 20 it will make no difference that's just for blood point rewards if there is no de pip (I'm not sure either way) i'd expect the majority of us red ranks to hit rank 1 every month will little issue it will save a little grinding & give a new target to aim for.

    From a survivor point of view I belive MMR works as follows (regardless who you use)

    If your a god against bubba when you come up against better & better bubba players.

    If you are always killed by spirit you'll come up against less experienced or worse performing spirit players.

    That's how i've taken it all anyway from various sources, I know some people think if they're legit rank 1 survivors they'll basically play against spirit or freddy all day long but i'm fairly sure they will try match you with similar skills from the other side depending how that killer player plays with that killer.

    It will still lead to countless issues & never be a perfect system & impossible to match fairly all of the time but I do believe it will work better than the current system the last test they did back in March at least from my own experiences playing both sides for several hours each found it to be a much better fairer system overall.

    That actually sounds really good. Yeah it'd be nice to actually play my low rank killers and have to worry less about going against SWF death squads and getting mercilessly stomped lol.

  • From what I read, the bloodpoints reward is once a month, so there won't be that much of an advantage.

    People that make it to rank 1 already play a lot anyway; they've reached the cap plenty of times by then.

    I can't wait for mmr, I personally enjoyed it so no offense when I say that I won't miss the, as people call them, " immersed players" and the other people that aren't immersed but simply suck.

  • @Mandy said:

    I don't have anything yet @Blueberry I know the last 24 hour test did show some issues that had to be worked out, so I'm sure another test will be scheduled for some point, prior to a full release of it.

    Are the devs aware that if the new MMR isn´t ready for the RE dlc launch, that a lot of new players will have a terrible experience?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221873#Comment_2221873

    Matchmaking will be based on a hidden rank. The data for this is already being connected so you should be matched with/against people around your own skill level!

    for survivors there will only be one shared hidden rank, as they are just skins. You can use any perks/items/strategy’s exactly the same on any survivor.

    for killers it’s different, you can be a great Wraith player but struggle with Nurse for example.

    what if i play with my friend who hasnt played in a while and he plays like a newer player and i play like better ya know how would that work

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222005#Comment_2222005

    Yeah it should at the very least allow a wider range of viable killers & in my opinion help newer players or less frequent killers players to enjoy that side of it.

    Under the current system I personally have a core 5 or 6 killers I'm pretty good to very good with I know if I use any of the others without the meta perks (that I don't even use on my core killers) i'll get destroyed most games until I de rank far enough to learn the killer properly. Even though I buy every chapter its more to support the game playing new killers usually just unmotivates me to play killer at all.

    MMR will have its faults & issues but the system on the whole should be more fair & rewarding than the current one

    Yeah I only have 5 killers at lvl 40, everyone else is either 25 or below. So even on the one killer I like, I still don't have all the meta perks unlocked anyway so I'm still at a disadvantage more or less. It's funny too cus on my lower killers, like the ones who I have 2 or maybe 3 perk slots open, sometimes the bloodweb just totally screws me have no good perks to run on those guys. So if it's available I'll just use NOED on those guys, which ends up pissing the higher ranked survivors that I get stuck with. But it's like, ######### you want me to do? Not use a decent perk and just run something useless like deer stalker or iron grip, and handicap myself more just to make you who's running BT, DS, and DH feel better? It's ridiculous. So yeah, having some kind of MMR where I can at least be in games with people who aren't as sweaty and are at least close to my skill level would be a god send.

  • @Archerwastaken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221879#Comment_2221879

    what if i play with my friend who hasnt played in a while and he plays like a newer player and i play like better ya know how would that work

    i don’t know and I think the devs haven’t explained that yet.

    either the highest score of the group will be taken or some kind of average or something.