Guys chill there's no need to panic about the auto ban future.
Your like this Oh no what we going to do auto ban is going to ban us for doing stuff it will be abused by the toxic players. Just stop guys it will be fine. Stop over reacting over this change.
Comments
They LITERALLY, VERBATIM said "When you get enough reports, we'll take action"
If that, combined with the fact that DBD players will report for LITERALLY ANYTHING isn't a cause for concern, I don't know what is.
lets take a look at ######### that isn't reportable but gets reported anyways
Already excited to see Tru3 getting banned for the 1000th time 🤣
Ok now this has me worried now. I didn't know this was said.
And if you don't mind me asking why was he banned before?
He got banned for 72 hours when some people managed to hack the DC penalties.
Devs had to disable DC penalties three times because of this
The reaction should be expected tho. Idk why the devs brought it up only to say 'more info coming soon'. Of course that is going to cause panic. They shouldn't have said anything at all about it:<
Yeah, I don't see how I could not be scared of this considering how the chat filter turned out. Their ability to create 'smart' player interaction features leaves me very wanting, and I'll take some botched endgame chats over literally losing my account because a bunch of saltlords didn't like how I played.
We don't have true report statistics, and for good reason, but I would bet any amount of money that more reports go out for camping/tunneling/bad manners than they do for actual cheating. Yes, legitimate cheating gets reported by more people when it surfaces, but it is so common for people to be pissed about how the other side played the match and genuinely believe that the other person was not allowed to play like that. Or, if people learn that reports can be weaponized to actual effect, do it out of malice or a self-righteous attempt to clean out the player pool of players they deem unworthy.
I can't see how an auto-ban system wouldn't possibly be maliciously abused. Especially with how much this community hates itself.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate that looping is on there??
What’s worse is people will work out that you can’t get someone banned for such things, and will simply lie instead. Imagine salty SWF all lying and backing up each others stories just to screw you over.
"We'll take action" as in the bans are still being dealt with by an actual person. Not the automation itself.
It's just a system that makes the process easier. Nobody is going to get banned by a machine. It does not have the final say.
I mean, you say that, but then they also literally used the term "autoban". Auto suggests, heavily, that it's automatic. As in, literally says it.
I agree. But things will come down soon
They did a poor job naming it, that's true.
Sometimes i feel they do these things on purpose just to see people freak out about nothing
Its going to be fine. BHVR already thought about this scenario and taken steps to insure the longevity of DBD.
You see, zombie AI is just the beginning. Soon™ the killer AI will be fully functional and we won't need humans playing killers anymore.
The reporting system will mainly be used to report the random for not farming enough with the team.