We need balance

I dont even play killer right now, just doing a daily...but the last 5 lobbies have been all SWFs, even at rank15.

Its an easier game for them with SWF, so why wouldnt they turn on easy mode?

The game was designed around solo, aka 1+1+1+1v1. SWF was added later.You cant remove SWF at this point (because its what most of the players use), but the game wasnt designed for every player to have strong perks like Bond, Empathy, and Kindred automatically, while negating some killer perks as well like Knock Out.

If 90% of the survivor population is going to SWF nowadays, the game needs to be seriously rebalanced. You have stated you are working on this, but Im not seeing evidence of it in the last few patch notes. Judging by the fact that the devs who make the decisions only play at low ranks, I dont think that they have the game experience required to be making such decisions properly.

You guys are SO close to having a hugely popular title, but hindered by your lack of experience with your own product. Ive seen it happen with dozens of games over the years. We dont fault you for it, as its a fairly industry wide fact that no (hard working) devs have time to play their own product the amount of time required to know how to balance it properly.

Let us help you. Gather a small group of very experienced AND well balanced players (not streamers) to help you balance your game. Its not even that hard. Ill do it FOR you if you want, while excluding myself from it. Many games have done this successfully. You can too.

Comments

  • @Lowbei said:
    oh i dont really care to discuss with someone ive already deemed ignorant, but ill mention just one, F13.

    F13 failed because it was never a good game to begin with and they got crushed legally. People weren't going to buy into a game that was never going to be successful. Its not because they didn't listen to their community.

    Dead By Daylight has shown consistent growth since it was released. SteamCharts.com shows them averaging 23k players last month. The forum has a few hundred of the players, and most people who come to forums aren't the average player. We are not the majority on the forums.

    no, f13 was rapidly dying since launch way before the legal issues, and the community told them every single day that they want to pick killer or survivor instead of being randomly assigned. this one thing turned players away far faster than any other issue.
  • @Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

    @purebalance said:

     @Nickenzie said:
    

    Countfunkular said:

    I noticed some of you this may seem crazy but he does have a damn good point. Every time I play dead by daylight it's pretty much with a friend unless I decide to play killer and torture myself for about an hour.

    This game is not a symmetrical at all right now. Under the killer you don't feel like a threat just a small burden to survivors depending on would kill you play.

    Honestly I would like to see all of the ranks that the Devs currently have. 

    Also I would like to see the streamers that they enlisted.

    Developers never reached rank 1 and they gave fog whispers to streamers that DC to derank, not gonna name and shame since a mod will sacrifice me. It's nonsense currently but the game is getting better with every baby step.

    At least HybridPanda plays fair.

    and he's a really nice dude!

    Yes, he's very positive and definitely deserves the "Fog Whisper" title.

    There's very positive and basically playing a clown, can't watch his video for more than 3 seconds, I think I'd prefer pewdiepie playing DBD oder this fake super-duper friendly guy. Somebody who never gets mad is creepy as #########.

  • @MhhBurgers said:
    There's very positive and basically playing a clown, can't watch his video for more than 3 seconds, I think I'd prefer pewdiepie playing DBD oder this fake super-duper friendly guy. Somebody who never gets mad is creepy as [BAD WORD].

    I've seen him quit a few matches, but I think finding someone fake because they're nice is pretty awful, you're not forced to watch his content.

    "I can't watch his content for 3 seconds, but I know that he never gets mad and that makes him creepy" ok buddy.

  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @MhhBurgers said:
    There's very positive and basically playing a clown, can't watch his video for more than 3 seconds, I think I'd prefer pewdiepie playing DBD oder this fake super-duper friendly guy. Somebody who never gets mad is creepy as [BAD WORD].

    I've seen him quit a few matches, but I think finding someone fake because they're nice is pretty awful, you're not forced to watch his content.

    "I can't watch his content for 3 seconds, but I know that he never gets mad and that makes him creepy" ok buddy.

    Yeah sorry but the friend friend friend every 3 seconds makes me cringe so ######### hard. Are we playing DEAD by daylight or are we playing hello kitty island?

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @MhhBurgers said:
    There's very positive and basically playing a clown, can't watch his video for more than 3 seconds, I think I'd prefer pewdiepie playing DBD oder this fake super-duper friendly guy. Somebody who never gets mad is creepy as [BAD WORD].

    I've seen him quit a few matches, but I think finding someone fake because they're nice is pretty awful, you're not forced to watch his content.

    "I can't watch his content for 3 seconds, but I know that he never gets mad and that makes him creepy" ok buddy.

    Yeah sorry but the friend friend friend every 3 seconds makes me cringe so [BAD WORD] hard. Are we playing DEAD by daylight or are we playing hello kitty island?

    It's just like saying "Whats up dude", "hey man", "whats up my guy". Sorry that you find common phrases cringeworthy, I can't wait to find out what you have to moan about next.

  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @MhhBurgers said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @MhhBurgers said:
    There's very positive and basically playing a clown, can't watch his video for more than 3 seconds, I think I'd prefer pewdiepie playing DBD oder this fake super-duper friendly guy. Somebody who never gets mad is creepy as [BAD WORD].

    I've seen him quit a few matches, but I think finding someone fake because they're nice is pretty awful, you're not forced to watch his content.

    "I can't watch his content for 3 seconds, but I know that he never gets mad and that makes him creepy" ok buddy.

    Yeah sorry but the friend friend friend every 3 seconds makes me cringe so [BAD WORD] hard. Are we playing DEAD by daylight or are we playing hello kitty island?

    It's just like saying "Whats up dude", "hey man", "whats up my guy". Sorry that you find common phrases cringeworthy, I can't wait to find out what you have to moan about next.

    Yeah once maybe, not everytime you see someone. Holy ######### calling people my friend pisses me off, my father called me "my friend" when I was a child, even as a child I knew it sounded idiotic.

  • shasta said:
    Nickenzie said:
    shasta said:
    se05239 said:

    If the majority is SWF players, then the game needs to be balanced around SWFs. And this doesn't mean providing solo survivors with the same knowledge as SWFs (because that'd make SWFs even stronger) but rather power up the Power role's influence on the playing field.

    Thats obvious code to give major buffs to killer got it 👍
    Over the past year killers have been getting buffed slowly , people act like the game is unplayable even if they 4K every game because they don’t want a challenge they want a easy win that they don’t have to stress over , killer is more stressful because your objective can elude you but it’s not very hard, if this were a year ago I may agree with you but the game right now is in a very good place
    I agree that the game is in a better place than before, you got a great point there. However the problem still stands with going against SWF. 4 equally skilled players going against a equally skilled killer that is not the Nurse will get destroyed, period. I know that teamwork overwhelms the power role but currently it's too easy to have great teamwork in my opinion.
    I think the problem is more of the devs didn’t expect this game to take off the way it did , hences why dedicated servers are still not a thing, but I think they expected it to be a casually played game that would give you a scare when you wanted a different kind of game or a horror night ,but it blew up and they have players that play nothing but this game and have gotten over the scare effect and figured out ways to effectively counter what’s happening in game and now the player base is bigger than ever, so now they’re trying to balance it as a competitive type game instead of the casual type to make rank rewards and other things competitive games have, they’ve saw the demand but it’s such a huge change it’s nearly impossible to do all at once and they’ve put so much money in added content and patch notes that dead by daylight 2 isn’t a option 
    Does anybody know what the dev's timeline for this game is? I just started playing once it became free on PS and fell in love with it.
  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @MhhBurgers said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @MhhBurgers said:
    There's very positive and basically playing a clown, can't watch his video for more than 3 seconds, I think I'd prefer pewdiepie playing DBD oder this fake super-duper friendly guy. Somebody who never gets mad is creepy as [BAD WORD].

    I've seen him quit a few matches, but I think finding someone fake because they're nice is pretty awful, you're not forced to watch his content.

    "I can't watch his content for 3 seconds, but I know that he never gets mad and that makes him creepy" ok buddy.

    Yeah sorry but the friend friend friend every 3 seconds makes me cringe so [BAD WORD] hard. Are we playing DEAD by daylight or are we playing hello kitty island?

    It's just like saying "Whats up dude", "hey man", "whats up my guy". Sorry that you find common phrases cringeworthy, I can't wait to find out what you have to moan about next.

    Yeah once maybe, not everytime you see someone. Holy ######### calling people my friend pisses me off, my father called me "my friend" when I was a child, even as a child I knew it sounded idiotic.

    Maybe he wanted some distance cause he didnt seem to see you as a son. Maybe you were a creepy kid. Or had a terrible father.
    Or maybe you should ask about your real dad.
  • @Lowbei said:
    MisterCremaster said:

    @Lowbei said:

    oh i dont really care to discuss with someone ive already deemed ignorant, but ill mention just one, F13.

    F13 failed because it was never a good game to begin with and they got crushed legally. People weren't going to buy into a game that was never going to be successful. Its not because they didn't listen to their community.

    Dead By Daylight has shown consistent growth since it was released. SteamCharts.com shows them averaging 23k players last month. The forum has a few hundred of the players, and most people who come to forums aren't the average player. We are not the majority on the forums.

    no, f13 was rapidly dying since launch way before the legal issues, and the community told them every single day that they want to pick killer or survivor instead of being randomly assigned. this one thing turned players away far faster than any other issue.

    Not to account for the fact that it quickly became a national sport as a counselor to find ways to glitch out and be impossible to catch. Or the raw amount of toxic profanity being thrown at whoever played Jason via the VOIP system..

    Kinda fitting how it's always the players who play the lesser role who's more intent on making the game miserable for the power role.

  • @se05239 said:

    Kinda fitting how it's always the players who play the lesser role who's more intent on making the game miserable for the power role.

    Haven't you seen the old Chip and Dale cartoons with Donald ?

    It's basically the same thing lul.

  • @Lowbei said:
    MisterCremaster said:

    @Lowbei said:

    oh i dont really care to discuss with someone ive already deemed ignorant, but ill mention just one, F13.

    F13 failed because it was never a good game to begin with and they got crushed legally. People weren't going to buy into a game that was never going to be successful. Its not because they didn't listen to their community.

    Dead By Daylight has shown consistent growth since it was released. SteamCharts.com shows them averaging 23k players last month. The forum has a few hundred of the players, and most people who come to forums aren't the average player. We are not the majority on the forums.

    no, f13 was rapidly dying since launch way before the legal issues, and the community told them every single day that they want to pick killer or survivor instead of being randomly assigned. this one thing turned players away far faster than any other issue.

    Can confirm. This more than anything else made me stop bothering with F13.

  • i personally find the swf detector addon way more useful than the survivor one which i wont name. theres so many swfs that its necessary info for the match.
  • @SenzuDuck said:

    @MhhBurgers said:

    @SenzuDuck said:

    @MhhBurgers said:
    There's very positive and basically playing a clown, can't watch his video for more than 3 seconds, I think I'd prefer pewdiepie playing DBD oder this fake super-duper friendly guy. Somebody who never gets mad is creepy as [BAD WORD].

    I've seen him quit a few matches, but I think finding someone fake because they're nice is pretty awful, you're not forced to watch his content.

    "I can't watch his content for 3 seconds, but I know that he never gets mad and that makes him creepy" ok buddy.

    Yeah sorry but the friend friend friend every 3 seconds makes me cringe so [BAD WORD] hard. Are we playing DEAD by daylight or are we playing hello kitty island?

    It's just like saying "Whats up dude", "hey man", "whats up my guy". Sorry that you find common phrases cringeworthy, I can't wait to find out what you have to moan about next.

    Yeah once maybe, not everytime you see someone. Holy ######### calling people my friend pisses me off, my father called me "my friend" when I was a child, even as a child I knew it sounded idiotic.

    Maybe he wanted some distance cause he didnt seem to see you as a son. Maybe you were a creepy kid. Or had a terrible father.
    Or maybe you should ask about your real dad.
    What a dick lol
1 2 ›