So. ranks aren't going to be used in match making anymore? Yay:)

Plz explain it more

Will it now match you with players of your skill now?

Comments

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/251995/so-ranks-arent-going-to-be-used-in-match-making-anymore-yay

    Oh is the matchmaking system out?

    If so, then how it will probably work is you get a set amount of points for your current rank on all killers +survivor role. This will then have points added/subtracted depending on how well you do each match. Eventually it'll find out where your meant to be, and you'll only go against/play with similar level survivors/killers.

    Ok so this is coming out in this update?

  • Nobody knows how or if it will work.

    Personally I'm worried because even in just discussion people cannot agree about good or bad players, so what hope does a program have

  • @BioX said:

    Nobody knows how or if it will work.

    Personally I'm worried because even in just discussion people cannot agree about good or bad players, so what hope does a program have

    I'm worried too. But we will find out.

  • I'd like to say that whatever system they come out with next probably can't be any worse, but then I didn't play the MMR test which, to my recollection, a LOT of people didn't like. Their complaints didn't sound any different though: Matched against people of seemingly random or way too different skill.

    All most players want is to play with people who are roughly equivalent, I'm sure that the developers could figure out an algorithm that knows what stats determine such things. Hope so, at least.

  • I don't think it's out yet; had a rank 15 killer match yesterday, with two grey ranks and two rank 3's...

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    I don't think it's out yet; had a rank 15 killer match yesterday, with two grey ranks and two rank 3's...

    Its not out. Maybe we will get some info at the anniversary stream.

  • Where did you get this information ?

  • You will have a separate hidden rank that will be calculated differently, this will be used for matchmaking. The rank number you see is not going to be used for it, they will give it some other function (e.g. bloodpoint rewards) or remove it later completely.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/251995/so-ranks-arent-going-to-be-used-in-match-making-anymore-yay

    Oh is the matchmaking system out?

    If so, then how it will probably work is you get a set amount of points for your current rank on all killers +survivor role. This will then have points added/subtracted depending on how well you do each match. Eventually it'll find out where your meant to be, and you'll only go against/play with similar level survivors/killers.

    hmmmm survivor stats i can understand combining but i certainly hope it won't combine killer stats to determine rank, that'll be..... so so bad.

    Plenty of killers i don't exactly bring my A game on. Wether i get the wild masochistic urge to practice Nurse in red ranks or goof around on traps only trapper or use some meme build just to do (/farm) for a tome, i'd wager more than half my killers have god awful stats. Then i end up matched with Oni or Pyramid head or Huntress or Deathslinger vs "average" stated survivors and nobody has fun....

  • The same people who nerf killers based on kill stats are making a system that measures how good a player is. Ho boy.

  • @Avignon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213326#Comment_2213326

    hmmmm survivor stats i can understand combining but i certainly hope it won't combine killer stats to determine rank, that'll be..... so so bad.

    Plenty of killers i don't exactly bring my A game on. Wether i get the wild masochistic urge to practice Nurse in red ranks or goof around on traps only trapper or use some meme build just to do (/farm) for a tome, i'd wager more than half my killers have god awful stats. Then i end up matched with Oni or Pyramid head or Huntress or Deathslinger vs "average" stated survivors and nobody has fun....

    They said that each killer will have their own rank. You won't be able to see what that rank is, but, in your example (and assuming you actually lost while using your meme build), your Trapper should have a much lower ranking than you PH.

  • @Avignon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213326#Comment_2213326

    hmmmm survivor stats i can understand combining but i certainly hope it won't combine killer stats to determine rank, that'll be..... so so bad.

    Plenty of killers i don't exactly bring my A game on. Wether i get the wild masochistic urge to practice Nurse in red ranks or goof around on traps only trapper or use some meme build just to do (/farm) for a tome, i'd wager more than half my killers have god awful stats. Then i end up matched with Oni or Pyramid head or Huntress or Deathslinger vs "average" stated survivors and nobody has fun....

    During the MMR test I only had time to play two games, one was a quick queue, demogorgon with a strong swf team who battered me (it didn't feel in any way "unwinnable" I just missed some snowball opportunities) and one with huntress, 10 minute queue and brand new survivors. So it's a noticeable difference

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I'd like to say that whatever system they come out with next probably can't be any worse, but then I didn't play the MMR test which, to my recollection, a LOT of people didn't like. Their complaints didn't sound any different though: Matched against people of seemingly random or way too different skill.

    All most players want is to play with people who are roughly equivalent, I'm sure that the developers could figure out an algorithm that knows what stats determine such things. Hope so, at least.

    There was a massive bonus for less-experienced killers in MMR, in that you have a unique rank with each killer. So even if you've been catapulted to purple ranks playing Spirit, you can move over to like Trapper and you won't be automatically paired with red ranks, it will think you're a 'new Trapper' and pair you with lower 'ranks'.

    I think MMR will be great for non-expert killers, and will in turn lead to more people playing killer.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2213352#Comment_2213352

    There was a massive bonus for less-experienced killers in MMR, in that you have a unique rank with each killer. So even if you've been catapulted to purple ranks playing Spirit, you can move over to like Trapper and you won't be automatically paired with red ranks, it will think you're a 'new Trapper' and pair you with lower 'ranks'.

    I think MMR will be great for non-expert killers, and will in turn lead to more people playing killer.

    I will play Killer more when MMR will be live. For now, it's pretty hard for me as I'm pretty new to the role and always paired with purple and red. (I'm a Brown rank Killer.)

    I'm super excited by the MMR. I do hope to find people of my level, or slighty better, but something I can work with.