Just a poll to see what people think about spirit, whether they hate spirit or don't hate spirit, while also if they do or don't play spirit, no judgement on anyone for what they pick just choose honestly, and if you care too explain your reasoning please do
I (sort of) main Spirit and I don't really mind going against her. I try not to use strong perks on her because I know how frustrating she can be to go against.
Since you all were so nice so share your thoughts here's mine
Honestly I don't play spirit anymore unless I have a daily for her since her daily of use your power 4 times is one of the easiest in the game and leads for a quick match for some extra bp
however I don't always mind playing against a spirit since for some reason either I never face a spirit, or the spirits that I do face do weird things, like I just faced my first in a few months and they only phased like 3 times, and never in chase
I used to play Spirit a lot. I stopped because her gameplay is so unfair but I’m still hoping they fix her so I can play her a lot again because she is my favorite killer.
When I started I hated Spirit, thought she was just easy 4k. Now that I've played enough to know how to survive against a Spirit I don't mind going against her.
Playing her I'm just constantly thinking "wow, this is really dumb".
Playing against her I'm constantly thinking "wow, this is really dumb".
Playing as her I have much easier games with way less effort. It's a nice break from the rest of the killer roster being generally weak, but its too far.
lol these polls about overpowered killers and yet it is still a thing... i wonder sometimes what the devs are actually thinking when making/changing this game 🤣
I love the Spirit's concept and appearance. She's great but she's just too easy to play and very hard to play against. It just results in very unfun and boring gameplay for both sides. There's no skill with Spirit and you're basically guaranteed a 4K every time you play, especially when running Stridor and Sloppy Butcher (although it is mostly Stridor that provides the benefit). As soon as you're injured, that's it, game over, there is nothing you can do except hope that she somehow messes up.
I don't main Spirit, but I played her enough to justifiably say I hate her (as a survivor main, I always try looking at Killer's POV before making a decision, so I always play Killer and see what it's like on their end before making a decision).
You get downs for doing nothing, survivors only hope are coin-flipping, I got too many kills and wins for only being Level 7 (Just played a match with 2 red ranks, a purple rank. and a brown rank, with only tier 1 Spirit Fury and Brutal Strength and got a 4K). She is way too easy for her power, and not fun across the board. Even though I hate Hag more, Spirit is not far behind and is easily second. I wish we got her father instead.
Not surprised at all that most people who hate Spirit don't even play her. I'm neutral with her, I only have a couple problems with her but other than those I find her a very well made killer. But because of those problems, at the moment she isn't very fair to go against.
Most Spirit mains I encounter complain that Spirit is one of the 3 viable killers in red rank. Which is simply false. As @TheClownIsKing can attest, even though Clown was arguably a bit weak and needed some changes, he was still viable in red ranks. Which just gives 1 of 2 arguments to why those players are saying Spirit is the only viable killer:
they are extremely unlucky in their matchmaking
they were boosted into red ranks through Spirit alone, never had the chance to learn any significant killer decision making along the way and are complaining that killers are too weak and too hard when in actuality it's Spirit being too powerful and too easy.
Competitively seen, sure, Spirit is one of 3 killers that can hold their own well enough to catch survivors quick enough to get more than 1 kill. But red rank viable isnt competitive viable.
The devs just need to offer the competitive scene tools to select very specific maps that will always be the same(to remove structural RNG, no jungle gyms linking up with killer shack for example), where they can add or remove pallets to certain locations, where they can rotate structures. Where they can limit the use of specific perks, items and addons. That way the competitive scene can deal with balancing the competitive scene, while the devs can keep focus on the standard game.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I rarely play her. I personally don't mind playing against her, but I can see why others do.
I (sort of) main Spirit and I don't really mind going against her. I try not to use strong perks on her because I know how frustrating she can be to go against.
I would say that I like to play with her, but NOT to play against her.
I love going against spirit
Easy to be good at and S Tier strong. Thats why I like to play her. Like how helpless survivors are, can't loop or sth like that
Hate playing against her literally bc of that.
I play Spirit when I'm in a ######### mood or have been on a poor run of games so I can have an easy one.
I play her really rarely. But I just dont like her, neither going against her nor playing her.
Since you all were so nice so share your thoughts here's mine
Honestly I don't play spirit anymore unless I have a daily for her since her daily of use your power 4 times is one of the easiest in the game and leads for a quick match for some extra bp
however I don't always mind playing against a spirit since for some reason either I never face a spirit, or the spirits that I do face do weird things, like I just faced my first in a few months and they only phased like 3 times, and never in chase
I think I'm in this catagory, but I'm not entirely sure that one Spirit session every two or three months counts.
I used to play Spirit a lot. I stopped because her gameplay is so unfair but I’m still hoping they fix her so I can play her a lot again because she is my favorite killer.
I hate the lack of counterplay related to The Spirit, but I have played her when I needed a daily or one of her Archive challenges completed.
Kinda neutral on the subject. Overall I like Spirit, I just hate some of the things she can do (like the stand still "mindgame")
When I started I hated Spirit, thought she was just easy 4k. Now that I've played enough to know how to survive against a Spirit I don't mind going against her.
Spirit is too overpowered at the moment and needs a nerf in all honesty.
I want to like Spirit tbh.
hate is a bit of a strong word, but i dont enjoy playing as or against her.
Playing her I'm just constantly thinking "wow, this is really dumb".
Playing against her I'm constantly thinking "wow, this is really dumb".
Playing as her I have much easier games with way less effort. It's a nice break from the rest of the killer roster being generally weak, but its too far.
I used her to get rank 1 killer achievement. Since then I play her just for dailies.
I rarely play survivor and I don't mind playing against her.
She's really unfun, you can't even juke her!
lol these polls about overpowered killers and yet it is still a thing... i wonder sometimes what the devs are actually thinking when making/changing this game 🤣
I love the Spirit's concept and appearance. She's great but she's just too easy to play and very hard to play against. It just results in very unfun and boring gameplay for both sides. There's no skill with Spirit and you're basically guaranteed a 4K every time you play, especially when running Stridor and Sloppy Butcher (although it is mostly Stridor that provides the benefit). As soon as you're injured, that's it, game over, there is nothing you can do except hope that she somehow messes up.
Loved her to death since day one, opinion will never change.
However, I guess I do have easier chases against her since I can always tell when she phases 🤷
They should make it more obvious for others, since it doesnt kill her when one can tell.
I don't main Spirit, but I played her enough to justifiably say I hate her (as a survivor main, I always try looking at Killer's POV before making a decision, so I always play Killer and see what it's like on their end before making a decision).
You get downs for doing nothing, survivors only hope are coin-flipping, I got too many kills and wins for only being Level 7 (Just played a match with 2 red ranks, a purple rank. and a brown rank, with only tier 1 Spirit Fury and Brutal Strength and got a 4K). She is way too easy for her power, and not fun across the board. Even though I hate Hag more, Spirit is not far behind and is easily second. I wish we got her father instead.
S-Tier and too easy to 4k with no addons.
I don't care if a killer is strong, I like Deathslinger, Huntress, Nurse, and Blight
But Spirit requires little to no effort on the part of the killer player, and can win games with minimal effort.
I have more respect for a camping and slugging Twins player than anyone who plays Spirit
Not surprised at all that most people who hate Spirit don't even play her. I'm neutral with her, I only have a couple problems with her but other than those I find her a very well made killer. But because of those problems, at the moment she isn't very fair to go against.
Im spirit
Not that I dont play spirit, I just rarely do.
Most Spirit mains I encounter complain that Spirit is one of the 3 viable killers in red rank. Which is simply false. As @TheClownIsKing can attest, even though Clown was arguably a bit weak and needed some changes, he was still viable in red ranks. Which just gives 1 of 2 arguments to why those players are saying Spirit is the only viable killer:
Competitively seen, sure, Spirit is one of 3 killers that can hold their own well enough to catch survivors quick enough to get more than 1 kill. But red rank viable isnt competitive viable.
The devs just need to offer the competitive scene tools to select very specific maps that will always be the same(to remove structural RNG, no jungle gyms linking up with killer shack for example), where they can add or remove pallets to certain locations, where they can rotate structures. Where they can limit the use of specific perks, items and addons. That way the competitive scene can deal with balancing the competitive scene, while the devs can keep focus on the standard game.
The only killer that I haven't touched in over a year
I like spirit if i play her, i hate her if i play against it.