So about that 5-second Victor stun.

Listen. I hate how long the new stun is. It feels awful. It feels like I'm being punished for successfully using my power.

But please, for the love of all that is holy.

You can make the stun as long as you like. Make it 12 minutes for all I care.

But please, PLEASE, adjust the animation to fit it.

That 2 seconds of normal running while I'm still stunned feels like a bug. Even by Twins standards, it feels bloody unfinished. It packs more clunk and confusion into 2 seconds than trying to get drunk off of Ipecac and then playing a round of Nurse.

Please fix it. It feels terrible.

Comments

  • They should give you the option to switch back to charlotte quicker.

  • It'd be nice if they gave the ability to switch to Charlotte during the successful cooldown animation. It'd mean that Twins players who just want to go and pick up the survivor aren't punished as much, while those who try to slug with Victor have it a little harder.

  • Victor needs a 20 second CD for being able to be summoned again like any other killer power and I'd be happy.

  • I feel like they don't know what's wrong with Twins, so they just decided to do this instead. Not sure why. It doesn't fix any issues survivors have with them, and only makes them worse to play for killer (but not any weaker). The nerf just makes them less fun.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    Victor needs a 20 second CD for being able to be summoned again like any other killer power and I'd be happy.

    Your username is ironic.

  • It's like Thanos, without the sensicality.

  • It's based upon FAIRNESS, since people rely on bad plays and NOED to win. Learn your tiles instead of spamming a power since most never learn to play properly. I see a lot of Rank 4's who rely solely on NOED as a crutch at the endgame then say, Oh, I got gen rushed. Nah, Bro. You literally chased someone all game and was banking on NOED. If you can't even properly stop a T-Wall loop efficiently and just run straight at a survivor, you shouldn't have NOED to crutch your rank for you. She's not balanced. All killers have a CD of 20 seconds except for Victor who gets spammed to death until everyone is slugged. If THAT is all you can do is use a high mobility "power" to aggressively attack until everyone is down since you refuse to use your actual killer, you shouldn't be rewarded for it.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207985#Comment_2207985

    It's based upon FAIRNESS, since people rely on bad plays and NOED to win. Learn your tiles instead of spamming a power since most never learn to play properly. I see a lot of Rank 4's who rely solely on NOED as a crutch at the endgame then say, Oh, I got gen rushed. Nah, Bro. You literally chased someone all game and was banking on NOED. If you can't even properly stop a T-Wall loop efficiently and just run straight at a survivor, you shouldn't have NOED to crutch your rank for you. She's not balanced. All killers have a CD of 20 seconds except for Victor who gets spammed to death until everyone is slugged. If THAT is all you can do is use a high mobility "power" to aggressively attack until everyone is down since you refuse to use your actual killer, you shouldn't be rewarded for it.

    Sounds like someone didn't do bones and now bases all balance decisions off of that.

  • I get what you are saying, i think the 5 sec cooldown should stay and to the person who said it should be 20 secs i think thats an awful idea. 20 secs would make the twins too weak once again, 5 secs is like the nice middle ground imo. They should change the animation tho.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209345#Comment_2209345

    Sounds like someone didn't do bones and now bases all balance decisions off of that.

    I always run Small Game and I'm coming from this point of view as a survivor who always goes against killers at Rank 1 who can't stop loops at all then when NOED is dead before they get a chance to use it, they get like 1 hook and complain about gen rush. Hell, I even do KILLER VIDEOS as a Rank 1 KILLER and I play ALL killers and do tutorials on the best way to play them.

    So no, if you don't LEARN how to stop loops and break off of certain chases and your only ability is to spam a fast mobility power for fast downs because its easier than just learning how to actually stop survivors or spam slug everyone, you're only hurting yourself. There is a reason no one really complains about Oni but if he could just spam his power every 5 seconds, people would lose their ######### in no time.

    5 seconds wouldn't be so bad if Victor wasn't as fast as Billy and can continually spam slam someone until everyone is locked down on the ground. Hell, even using WGLF, you can't even get someone up in time before Victor re-downs them. It's only a matter of time before everyone is slugged because you CANNOT do anything in-between him being spammed, trying to get someone off of the ground, do a gen and then have to worry about the actual KILLER parked near gens somewhere.

    That's my point. I see a lot of killers who say Rank 1 Killer is unfun and unplayable. Why is it that I play all killers and never go below a 3k? You know why? I learned my tiles on console before coming to PC. I was forced to learn or get bullied. I never use NOED nor do I use MYC or any 1-shot perk. I don't even use Devour because I know my tiles very well and cut most people off.

  • @Caleegi said:

    I get what you are saying, i think the 5 sec cooldown should stay and to the person who said it should be 20 secs i think thats an awful idea. 20 secs would make the twins too weak once again, 5 secs is like the nice middle ground imo. They should change the animation tho.

    The problem with 5 seconds is Victors speed. You can't do anything once he starts downing people. It's just an inevitable slug fest.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209584#Comment_2209584

    I always run Small Game and I'm coming from this point of view as a survivor who always goes against killers at Rank 1 who can't stop loops at all then when NOED is dead before they get a chance to use it, they get like 1 hook and complain about gen rush. Hell, I even do KILLER VIDEOS as a Rank 1 KILLER and I play ALL killers and do tutorials on the best way to play them.

    So no, if you don't LEARN how to stop loops and break off of certain chases and your only ability is to spam a fast mobility power for fast downs because its easier than just learning how to actually stop survivors or spam slug everyone, you're only hurting yourself. There is a reason no one really complains about Oni but if he could just spam his power every 5 seconds, people would lose their ######### in no time.

    5 seconds wouldn't be so bad if Victor wasn't as fast as Billy and can continually spam slam someone until everyone is locked down on the ground. Hell, even using WGLF, you can't even get someone up in time before Victor re-downs them. It's only a matter of time before everyone is slugged because you CANNOT do anything in-between him being spammed, trying to get someone off of the ground, do a gen and then have to worry about the actual KILLER parked near gens somewhere.

    That's my point. I see a lot of killers who say Rank 1 Killer is unfun and unplayable. Why is it that I play all killers and never go below a 3k? You know why? I learned my tiles on console before coming to PC. I was forced to learn or get bullied. I never use NOED nor do I use MYC or any 1-shot perk. I don't even use Devour because I know my tiles very well and cut most people off.

    "I pLaY KiLlEr aT rAnK 1 AnD dO wElL"

    It's almost like ranks are completely irrelevant and the vast majority of rank 1 players don't know anything, you and most of the Survivors you go against included, and talking about how good you are holds absolutely no weight—ESPECIALLY when you complain about BILLY of all Killers.

    Bad bait, 2/10.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209656#Comment_2209656

    "I pLaY KiLlEr aT rAnK 1 AnD dO wElL"

    It's almost like ranks are completely irrelevant and the vast majority of rank 1 players don't know anything, you and most of the Survivors you go against included, and talking about how good you are holds absolutely no weight—ESPECIALLY when you complain about BILLY of all Killers.

    Bad bait, 2/10.

    I have NEVER complained about Billy. Not even once. I was part of the group who didn't like that they nerfed him so much. Also, my skill as killer does hold weight since I'm giving my opinion from both sides of the spectrum. Just because YOU can only slug people with a 5 second power doesn't mean YOU are good.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209711#Comment_2209711

    I have NEVER complained about Billy. Not even once. I was part of the group who didn't like that they nerfed him so much. Also, my skill as killer does hold weight since I'm giving my opinion from both sides of the spectrum. Just because YOU can only slug people with a 5 second power doesn't mean YOU are good.

    It doesn't hold weight since you base your arguments off of unreliable anecdotal evidence that are probably untrue to begin with. If anything, the fact that you use rank 1 as an argument for your skill shows that you DON'T know what you're talking about.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209719#Comment_2209719

    It doesn't hold weight since you base your arguments off of unreliable anecdotal evidence that are probably untrue to begin with. If anything, the fact that you use rank 1 as an argument for your skill shows that you DON'T know what you're talking about.

    My bad. Let me go ask a Rank 20 how good killers are.

  • He'd probably have better takes than you do.

  • Mmm, I would say a 10 second cooldown would be nice from both sides. It encourages people to not to solely rely on Victor to constantly spam him. It's really boring as a survivor to just constantly have someone spam Victor, especially since there seems to be LESS of a cooldown on his lunges - and therefore survivors can't just kick him as easily. I don't play Twins because I think they're a camping based killer and it's no fun to play that style. I would rather play any other, even Deathslinger - him, demogorgon, and many others have a cooldown that make sense - Victor does not. It would require a cooldown animation for sure to make it more viable, but I think 5 seconds is a bit too short. 99% of the Twins I have come across just spam Victor and constantly use him, which yes, I realize is part of the point as he is a power, but it's a little TOO frequent comparatively to other killers. Please correct me if I'm wrong - again, I don't play Twins - but I think Charlotte is the same base speed as a Trapper, so not slower, but then... Huntress can go without her power at 110 speed and still get a knock down, so you can't say Twins are too weak - just find a balance between power and M1.

  • @kazzymoyashi said:

    Mmm, I would say a 10 second cooldown would be nice from both sides. It encourages people to not to solely rely on Victor to constantly spam him. It's really boring as a survivor to just constantly have someone spam Victor, especially since there seems to be LESS of a cooldown on his lunges - and therefore survivors can't just kick him as easily. I don't play Twins because I think they're a camping based killer and it's no fun to play that style. I would rather play any other, even Deathslinger - him, demogorgon, and many others have a cooldown that make sense - Victor does not. It would require a cooldown animation for sure to make it more viable, but I think 5 seconds is a bit too short. 99% of the Twins I have come across just spam Victor and constantly use him, which yes, I realize is part of the point as he is a power, but it's a little TOO frequent comparatively to other killers. Please correct me if I'm wrong - again, I don't play Twins - but I think Charlotte is the same base speed as a Trapper, so not slower, but then... Huntress can go without her power at 110 speed and still get a knock down, so you can't say Twins are too weak - just find a balance between power and M1.

    I agree on all of that. The person of the Twins, in my understanding was mainly to maim a survivor with Victor and try to down the person with Charlotte. They also were meant to block hallways and doorways for mindgames so Victor to chase you to a location where Charlotte is waiting then switch back for a down. Playing that way is REALLY fun when I play her. I just hate this whole slug the entire team with a spammable power just because. 10 seconds, I'm not sure if that would still be long enough. Maybe 15 seconds would be fine since it takes 15 seconds to pick someone off of the ground and 20 something seconds to heal them so they still won't be able to heal but you would need to rely on Charlotte a bit more still.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209779#Comment_2209779

    I agree on all of that. The person of the Twins, in my understanding was mainly to maim a survivor with Victor and try to down the person with Charlotte. They also were meant to block hallways and doorways for mindgames so Victor to chase you to a location where Charlotte is waiting then switch back for a down. Playing that way is REALLY fun when I play her. I just hate this whole slug the entire team with a spammable power just because. 10 seconds, I'm not sure if that would still be long enough. Maybe 15 seconds would be fine since it takes 15 seconds to pick someone off of the ground and 20 something seconds to heal them so they still won't be able to heal but you would need to rely on Charlotte a bit more still.

    See, and I would LOVE to face a Twins player who mind games like that, but I honestly...have never seen it. In the entirety since Twins have come out, I honestly can't say I have faced a player who does those mind games. Those would be super fun and intense to face. Instead, I just get a camping, slugging, Victor spamming Twins, which is boring as hell. I literally stand still and just wait to die, tbh. Mmm, The only reason I said 10 seconds instead of 15 seconds was because I didn't want the toxic people to gripe and spam @ me/quote me as is per custom here on the dbd forums. I agree that 15 seconds would offer more incentive to using Victor in a strategic way instead of just constantly spamming and slugging. That would make me WANT to play against Twins more often because I love mindgames.

  • @kazzymoyashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209812#Comment_2209812

    See, and I would LOVE to face a Twins player who mind games like that, but I honestly...have never seen it. In the entirety since Twins have come out, I honestly can't say I have faced a player who does those mind games. Those would be super fun and intense to face. Instead, I just get a camping, slugging, Victor spamming Twins, which is boring as hell. I literally stand still and just wait to die, tbh. Mmm, The only reason I said 10 seconds instead of 15 seconds was because I didn't want the toxic people to gripe and spam @ me/quote me as is per custom here on the dbd forums. I agree that 15 seconds would offer more incentive to using Victor in a strategic way instead of just constantly spamming and slugging. That would make me WANT to play against Twins more often because I love mindgames.

    I try to make my matches fun for survivors without letting myself get steamrolled. Most games, I'll just 2 hook so I can get Brutal at Rank 1 and everyone seems happy. The only time I kill everyone is if someone is going out of their way to make my life hell. Twins can be really fun to play with if people would just give her a chance but most see Twins and just go to the same route of spamming Victor.