Dev's please stop the gen slow down stacking.
Just like how survivors can only use 1 exhaustion perks.
DO THE SAME FOR KILLERS WITH THERE GEN SLOW DOWN!
so sick of going against Ruin/Pop killer everyday 2 strong gen slow down.
and everyday i go against a killer who stacks ruin/undying/pop/corrupt completely unfun.
Comments
Survivors can bring multiple exhaustion perks and choose to use one or another. They can't use them both in the same chase, but they can use one in one chase and a different one in another chase. (Not including Sprint Burst, obviously, which would cancel out being able to use anything else other than Adrenaline.)
In the same way, Ruin and Pop don't actually stack. Using Pop requires kicking a gen, and killers can't kick a gen as long as Ruin is active. So, like a survivor bringing Lithe in case there aren't many spots on the map to use Balanced Landing, a killer has Pop in case Ruin gets cleansed 30 seconds into the match.
I could see not allowing Ruin to be active while Corrupt is active, but at the same time most survivors avoid gens while Corrupt is active and will use that time to instead search for totems.
no survivor is dumb enough unless they are new to the game does that, literally no one.
it is a wasted perk slot. for killers it is not especially the high tier killers there is no need for such lengths but they still do it.
Ruin and Pop don't work at the same time. You can't pop a gen while ruin is active.
Corrupt is not really necessary with both ruin and pop, but it only lasts for the first 2 minutes and then is gone completely.
Never said it was smart. I was sticking with the example you gave, and Ruin and Pop are like exhaustion perks in that you can use both in the same match but not at the same time. Pop cannot be used as long as Ruin is active. Pop doesn't work with Surge.
In your original statement it sounded like you were speaking technically when you said "Just like how survivors can only use 1 exhaustion perks," but if that's not the case and I'm not allowed to use your own example of exhaustion perks because "no survivor is dumb enough," then I'll compare the gen slow-down perks to survivor second-chance perks. Survivors can and often do run multiple second-chance perks like Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, Dead Hard, Deliverance, and Borrowed Time, which drag out chases and the match in general (and some do stack, you can have DS and UB active at the same time), just like how killers can use multiple gen slow-down perks to drag out the match.
Edit:
^ Good point. This was posted right after me, and I think it might be making a better point than I just did. Survivor perks, items, and add-ons to speed up gen repair do stack.
Comparing gen slowdown to exhaustion perks is kind of weird to me. Why aren't you comparing gen slowdown to the gen speedup that survivors get? On a 4 person gen, you can stack a prove thyself with a random toolbox you found in a chest (or brought with you) along with spine chill/resilience (if injured) and be done in like 20 seconds.
I get that's a pretty specific example, but talking about stacking gen speedup to stacking gen slowdown feels more right then "Oh I'm going to compare these perks that deal with chases to these perks that deal with gens and say they're comparable."
On that note, I completely agree with @TragicSolitude on this.
Killers basically are forced to run 50% of their perk build as gen defense to even have a chance to generate enough pressure to win. Whether thats ruin/undying, ruin/pop, or pop/corrupt, meanwhile survivors don't even have to match them with a totem finding perk, or a perk like Repressed Alliance to protect gens from pop. Learn some perspective.
On top of that, if you suspect a killer has pop, then don't bother cleansing ruin. Ruin can only do something when killers can generate pressure and the piddly regression Ruin gives does nothing against survivors hammering out the last couple gens together.
Maybe if you don't want these things to work together, killers should get more perk slots so they can more easily generate pressure without the need for gen defense perks.
You're only looking at it from a survivor perspective and not a killers. Go against a SWF team at high ranks and see how fast gens fly and then ask yourself why they use them then.
You know what you get when Killers don't have any slow down Perks? Tunnled. And slugged. That's what you get.
Because if we (I'm a Killer Main) don't have any Perks that slow things down our only other option to slow things down is to remove people from the game ASAP and that means you tunnel* the first person you ever hook because they are the closest one to dying, or the second depending on how things work out. Because a Survivor can't work on gens.
The other option is to just slug two or three people at a time, because you save time by not having to take people to a hook and while they are laying bleeding on the ground guess what they are not doing? Repairing a generator. And while being a slug isn't as deadly as being on the hook, it won't make another Survivor get off a generator to go "save", it can still be a danger depending on how often or how long people get slugged.
If you want there to be fewer slow down Perks there needs to be something else that makes the game not be done in five minuets, something that gives the Killer a chance of winning. Because without slow down Perks you have to be a really damn good Killer to even stand a chance of winning against decent Survivors. And if you're up against good Survivors then you don't stand a chance of winning at all without slowdown.
*Even when I don't have Ruin or Pop or any slow down Perks I have chosen to not tunnel someone unless they are toxic to me, t-bagging at vaults or spam clicking their flashy. This has caused me a lot of really [bad word] short games because I have no gen pressure so everyone gets out fast. And in a lot of those end game chats the Survivors ask me why I didn't tunnel when I had a lot of chances to do so and if I had I would have snowballed and me the game. I don't because tunneling isn't fun, I also play Survivor sometimes and it's no fun to not have a chance to play because you got found first. But you know something else that's not fun? Standing no chance of winning without slowdown perks. I do wish we didn't have to use them. But we do. Because this game isn't balanced and isn't as skill based as a lot of people wish it was.
i just think this is all excuses for being a bad killer and not learning your class. Im a survivor main with red ranked killer and i can tell you i still 4k without those perks. Well 3k ish since slugging for a 4k is dumb, roulette with hatch.
Using a strong perk combo is being a bad killer, so you as a survivor are bad if you use a strong perk combination? There are people that can escape perfectly fine without the use of perks just as well, perks are not a requirement they are to help you out.