The DBD community is not as bad as most people say.
TBH I have found some extremely wholesome people in this community and most games are just gg and move on. I feel people just remember the toxic people better.
Tagged:
Mod
TBH I have found some extremely wholesome people in this community and most games are just gg and move on. I feel people just remember the toxic people better.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think you mean the community isn't as bad as people say in which case I'm inclined to agree. I've met tons of cool people who've send me GGs and given me props and the like. Moreso than salt mail in fact. What I'm saying is I do get salt mail once in a while, but I get chill, wholesome, gamer messages more often tbh. Idk if I'm just lucky or what but that's my experience.
As a Bond user, I've seen some sh*t. your teammates are never as cute and innocent as you think they are.
God damn nancys using my presious dull totems to be productive and heal and not letting me do my archive
Orginally I wrote community twice. I then proceded to delete it twice before posting. I need sleep.
I think that's the same in everything, we naturally remember the negative things more than the positives - human nature I guess. I know I remember an insult way easier than I remember a compliment for example.
Maybe the community isnt as toxic as people make it, but those people who are toxic leave their mark.
I don't think that the community as a whole is necessarily more toxic than other gaming communities, I just think that it's a very whiny community (I'm not singling anyone out, I'm just pointing out that complaints about killers, survivors, SWFs, buffs, nerfs, the developers, the gameplay, the map changes, good players, bad players, the ranking system, and pretty much everything that has anything to do with the game is complained about on a daily basis). There's constructive criticism, and there's embittered, incessant complaining and arguing. Do I see more of it in this community than I have in others? Yes, but to be fair the nature of this game and all of its variables sort of make that unavoidable.
As for "toxic", I've noticed that a lot of people see a lot of different things as "toxic". To me "Toxic" is rampant spiteful negativity, the desire to upset others and ruin their day. Sometimes I see it on the forums, sometimes I see it in-game. It certainly exists, and it's certainly more than it should be.
BUT, having said all that, it IS true that there are a lot of decent people out there who will throw back a "gg" after a match or even throw it out themselves whether they won or lost. There ARE times when I've played against what seems like a jerk but a simple "hey, you're pretty good" turns into a "thank you, I'm trying my best" and a brief little verbal handshake. The nature of the game is that we experience some of the most frustrating stuff during gameplay, and after the match most people don't say anything at all because they've already moved on. Someone will only say something if they're really nice, or really rude. The rude ones are more vocal, just like in real life, leading to the belief that everyone who plays this game just be a jerk. But the good ones are out there. Sadly they just don't tend to speak up as much.
>_>
That's a dead-on assessment.
I play on console and have messages turned off, so I have no idea how many salty messages I might have missed over my time playing the game, lol. But in-game toxic behavior, while it does happen (both from survivors and killers) is far less than matches that play out "normally". And I've met a large group of great players (who've made their way onto my in-game friends list) ironically playing killer and reaching out after a match to survivors I've gone against -- it's almost surprising how nice those people have been afterwards.
There are definitely bad apples out there, but I'd like to believe the good outnumber the bad.
As a person who came here after playing league, overwatch, csgo and rainbow six, I can safely say that it's not that bad. It is bad, ngl, but the toxicity I experience here isn't even close to the experience I experience on these games.
I feel like the communities gotten better over time as the game has had less abuseable stuff
I used to moderate the THQ wrestling game forums. Wrestling fans are some entitled, perpetually dissatisfied people.
yeah
I would agree with this and am so glad that someone made this post to point it out! The people I've interacted in this community are largely positive, funny, and interesting people! Are there hateful people? Yes! But are they even remotely the majority? No!
As a community there does seem to be some ultra-sensitive responses to perceived toxicity or a disproportionate kind of anger and upset about it. It is human nature to remember the bad before the good, to be hurt when slighted, but in my opinion some of the responses to things seem... I'm struggling for the word in English. They just seem more?
Tea bagging for example is rude and pointless, certainly, and is done only to provoke a reaction in your opponent or to celebrate your own victory. It is childish. But the reactions on these forums in particular would make it seem that this game was the only one tea bagging had ever existed in and that it hadn't been a tradition since crouching was first introduced in a PvP game. Maybe it is Halo PTSD making it so severe? I don't know. And while I'm sympathetic to people's upset and anger it never ceases to baffle me how many endless posts we see about BM from both sides.
I don't agree lol it is uncommon for me to get props for playing the game.