This whole game is built around awful survivors
Well.. I was a survivor main. now I'm a killer main and play survivor occasionally when my swf buddies are online.
Do you know why I play only with my friends?
Because I've noticed that, since being in red ranks for almost an year, this whole game is based on if your team mates are bad or ok. If their decision making is equal to a dead cat's brain or if they actually have a few brain cells.
I've noticed that killers who shouldn't belong to red ranks by their quality of play are winning easily when i play solo/duo queue cause the other team mates are just giving him free stuff: free hooks, free downs, free trades. if some one is getting camped cause the sweaty red rank killers are scared of losing cause they lost only 1 gen, everyone starts to come near the hook and give the killer a free win.
Killers in red ranks start to take someone out of the game on 4 gens when they still have ruin up cause they know how fast it is to down them and they know how all the other idiots will come near him to try and protect this guy, while not doing gens and giving him a free win.
I wish to bring MMR back, that day of the test was the best dbd day as a survivor for me. I know it will hurt me as killer but I should be able to play solo queue without me wishing to leave the game after 1 match.
BHVR! Please add some tutorial in game other than how to fix a gen and opening an exit gate. thanks.
Comments
I mean if you look at the steam stats for trophies only 15% of survivors have reached rank 10. Meaning 85% of players have not reached rank 10 for this game as survivors, and for killers it's way lower. Meaning most of the people who play this game are casual 85%, makes sense why they would adjust the game on lower ranks.
Yeah. but let's try to be specific about the portion of players who do play on red ranks. they know that killers there are capable, thus you need 3 team mates who are capable as well so we can have a fun, equal match.
The killer is one person, if he's capable and he's versing 4 people which 2 of them are boosted, urban evading and can't loop for 5 seconds. he's gonna have an easy match.
Which is the core problem of the game. The killer relies on the survivor's mistakes instead of being able to shine on his own. And when a killer can shine on his own because of some power, like Nurse, Blight, Spirit, etc people come crying asking for a nerf. A good team of survivors vs a killer will always have the survivors win. Specially because of mechanics like the hatch or keys that give survivors a win based on luck rather than skill, a thing killers don't have on their side.
It's why everyone thinks Trapper is trash yet if you play him at red rank over 80% of your matches will end with an easy 4k. You rely on the survivors not paying attention and refusing to do another objective (disarming your traps) rather than being able to get the 4k on your own.
But what about the portion of players who are playing on red ranks? the killer is 1 person, and if he's a competent killer, all he needs is 2 boosted survivors to give him a free win(out of the 4, sometimes even 1 is enough).
This, I played solo, ran the killer for 3 gens, it was a Huntress with iri head and Utility Belt. The 3 man SWF let me die on first hook and proceeded to drop like flies cuz they couldn't dodge hatchets. Huntress proceeded to apologize to me and wished me luck for my next game. Teammates called me trash at the game and to "get good".
Matched again with same Huntress and she let me go when my teammates dropped like flies again.
Yeah. but in red ranks I see many killers play strong killers(which is fine, I do so as well).
They can down good survivors such as i do with good killers.
Trust me, delete keys from game(maybe only attainable through chests) and give me that mmr thing we had a month or two ago anyday.
That way survivors won't be able to screw the killer over with a stupid item, but the game is going to be balanced. you won't have comms on solo queue but you have team mates who have a few brain cells and exp.
Trapper's win rate is not that high or that easy, but I agree with everything else.
I'm going to be honest with you sometimes I don't feel like going up against certain killers, and I won't give it my 100% I will just give them an easy down since I want out of the match as quick as possible. Or sometimes me or other people don't care if we down, I don't feel like playing sweaty all the time I'm pretty sure other people sometimes want to play chill, despite them being decent at the game.
There are plenty of survivors who don't deserve to be in red ranks. This goes both ways
This all boils down to ######### matchmaking
And how many players played only a hour? Was dbd free on steam for a weekend? What is with all the franchise fans (silent hill etc) who quit early? Is there are trophy which you can compare? Maybe something like escaping 50 trials or similar? (I dont have steam)
Tutorials outside basic game mechanics is useless. There is no one right way to play and the meta does change over time.
It be like tell someone how to juggle and handing them running chainsaws.
Fine. so find a way to calculate survivors true skill instead of letting them join my lobby against a killer who knows what he's doing.
None of that matters because matchmaking doesn't work. As a green rank I got put with 2 rank 2's a purple rank and we were going against a rank 20 trapper with nothing.
Well.. then killers can't complain about swf since the alternative is unplayable at all(if you actually wanna win).
Solo q isn't unplayable.
Oh really.. come and watch one of my gaming sessions. you'll get blinded by the cancer.
It's all public information steam trophies at least. And I was checking my ps4 to see the stats of how many people got the rank achievement, and I don't think the ps4 version has the rank achievement that steam has. But you can see how many are playing in steam on website that show number of players that are playing, and how much have played it over it's lifespan.
@TicTac
It says only 49.7% of players have raised a character to level 10 so I'm pretty sure the stats take into account everyone that has downloaded it and played at least 1 match. So that would probably include those who played on a free weekend for an hour. I'm sure if it only took into account those that play actively, the % for those that have reached rank 10 would be much higher, even for the casual crowd.