Why does ds still deactivate?
So we pretty much all agree, bhvr included it seems, that tunneling off the hook should be punished. Ds has been turned in to a purely anti tunnel perk. So why does it deactivate once used or if you miss the skill check? Why don't we get a second ds for our second hook? All it would do is punish the slimiest of killers.
Comments
Because DS is trash perk. Needs buffs
I can't tell if your serious or trolling.
I do not like one use perks, so DS is trash for me.
Oh ok that makes more sense.
It's actually still abusable, not that it comes up that often (kind of like the last Nurse nerf, they made it much harder to abuse and so now no-one really tries. Which I am fine with, at least for the moment).
Mostly it just deactivates because the Devs haven't changed any other aspect. They're probably taking the time to see how the nerf effects stats. It would be nice if it didn't have a timer and wasn't a single-use perk.
Tunneling is still valid strategy to used to win. Even though you shouldn't use it to win. And ds isnt the only antitunneling perk.
There should be a limit to how much developers should force a survivor to play in a game.
Also its would needlessly extend 1v2 situations.
I would be okay with them testing it in a ptb or over a weekend to see how it effects things but I have the feeling it would bring back some of the abuseability of the perk that the nerf was designed to remove. I could be 100% wrong, in which case more chances for players against hard tunnelers. I'm just super cautious about adding things players can abuse because we all know if it can be abused players of this game will find a way.
I feel like I'd be OK with it not deactivating or having a skill check anymore in its current form.
The skill check isn't hard but it seems silly that you can even miss out on it with how situational it is now.