Gen rushing in the evening

Just curious most survivor lobbies last about 10 minutes average in the evening why do teams hurry to finish the game as fast as possible when finally getting a match? Is it not more fun to try to outrun the killer and play for a bit?

Comments

  • Well it is their only objective, so what else do you want them to do? Both sides try to win, I don't see why they shouldn't.

  • It's a lot more fun to win the few matches you get to play than forcibly lengthen a match and possibly lose it all the while the match being boring because you're forcing it's length.

  • @Yords said:

    Well it is their only objective, so what else do you want them to do? Both sides try to win, I don't see why they shouldn't.

    But I mean not enjoying the game at all after waiting at least that long or even longer I some cases just to play lobby simulator again?

  • @Seanzu said:

    It's a lot more fun to win the few matches you get to play than forcibly lengthen a match and possibly lose it all the while the match being boring because you're forcing it's length.

    So it's not boring if it goes by quickly? In that case isn't it more fun to play killer and get 2 - 3 times as many matches in the evening?

  • Because they want to win nothing wrong with that.

    Personally i see a lot of map offering during the evening lucky for me i dont use any addon or offering during that time so for every map offering its an afk killer i play for fun i dont want to get bully because the survivor need to boost their ego.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2200827#Comment_2200827

    But I mean not enjoying the game at all after waiting at least that long or even longer I some cases just to play lobby simulator again?

    How do you know they’re not enjoying the game? You’re own personal experience doesn’t reflect on everybody else’s.

  • I’m not having fun when I prolong a match. If the killer can’t keep up I’m interested in just moving to the next one.

  • I'm confused, are you saying that 10 minutes is a short trial length or are you talking about the absolutely broken and uncounterable playstyle that forces killers to play Nurse, Spirit or Blight in order to stand a chance (assuming that the survivors make multiple key mistakes over the course of the 4-minute trial with 3-minute gens)?

  • @Seanzu said:

    It's a lot more fun to win the few matches you get to play than forcibly lengthen a match and possibly lose it all the while the match being boring because you're forcing it's length.

    Is it? I don't see the point of playing if I'm not going to be able to... Well, to play the game. What's the point of winning if your opponents cannot physically stop you? What possible resistance is being overcome when even Nurse wouldn't be adequate? It's like deranking to bully babies as a killer, I just don't get it.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2200828#Comment_2200828

    Is it? I don't see the point of playing if I'm not going to be able to... Well, to play the game. What's the point of winning if your opponents cannot physically stop you? What possible resistance is being overcome when even Nurse wouldn't be adequate? It's like deranking to bully babies as a killer, I just don't get it.

    You're reaching a lot here honestly.

    Yes, I'd rather not stay in a match where I'm not challenged, it's basically a farming match at that point, if myself and the people that I've been matched with are so good that the killer says the survivors are "gen rushing" then there would be no enjoyment out of being chased because I know It's likely I'll win regardless or run out of resources, what's the point, I'd rather move on to the next match.

  • If i am playing as survivor, i will finish gens so fast. And i will have chance to escape. Your job is stop me. If you failed with that, not my fault.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    If i am playing as survivor, i will finish gens so fast. And i will have chance to escape. Your job is stop me. If you failed with that, not my fault.

    Then have fun deranking because of 0 points in any section but objective and waiting 10 hours in queue because killers keep leaving the game.

    @Yords said:

    Well it is their only objective, so what else do you want them to do? Both sides try to win, I don't see why they shouldn't.

    When killers ask for better Hex spawns so survivors have another objective, finding and cleansing the Hex, survivors throw a huge tantrum and start going on about how it's their right to spawn next to a totem and killers should enjoy playing with just 3 perks because "RNG".

    It's truly a wonder why survivors even bother to play this game if all they want is a gen repair simulator.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2200944#Comment_2200944

    Then have fun deranking because of 0 points in any section but objective and waiting 10 hours in queue because killers keep leaving the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2200827#Comment_2200827

    When killers ask for better Hex spawns so survivors have another objective, finding and cleansing the Hex, survivors throw a huge tantrum and start going on about how it's their right to spawn next to a totem and killers should enjoy playing with just 3 perks because "RNG".

    It's truly a wonder why survivors even bother to play this game if all they want is a gen repair simulator.

    I am killer main and i am still here. And BBQ already gives me so much points. So if i am playing survivor i wanna chill games. And if killer chase me, i will buy time for my teammates. Then they can finish gens. And then we all can escape and tbag killer. Why i have to do gens more slower? For give killer more time? If killer is bad, that is not my fault.


    When i play as killer, so many times game finishing before Last gen pop.

  • It's just the lack of an obligatory secondary objective that drives survivors to spend less time in a trial then in a lobby. They all want to win.

    But what is winning anyway?

    Escape with 11k points or Dying with 23k points and 4 stacks of WGLF?

  • Because that’s their main objective. I’ll pop a gen and look for a totem, heal teammates because I don’t wanna get low BP’s after escaping.